• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clicking on the Just Cause 3 link has just made me aware that the Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Special Edition is available over here. Must... Resist!!!

Also just seen a collection of the hilarious bugs in Unity. Some seriously clunky and funky things you normally see in a GTA or Saints Row. I think as the series has gone on the more they have crept in.
It sold out pretty quickly at GAME so you might want to just jump in.

Vlad

Someone needs to explain Binding of Isaac to me. I obviously am not playing it right when people like Yian are getting all sorts of items and stuff that I didn't even know existed...

I don't know who Yian is, but you do know that the game's random every time, right?

Each time you play through it, the levels and items are all randomized, so you'll end up with a completely different set of items each time. You also unlock more items as you play, by beating the game multiple times, completing challenges, and so on.

Grief.exe

it's a bit buggy, but it's scratching an itch like nothing since i played spelunky. It's really amazing.

The only problem i have is that i keep getting the dead cat and it's a pain in my ass.

I wouldn't recommend picking up Dead Cat unless you are an experienced player. There are some major advantages, but it is the ultimate risk/reward item.

You are playing on Vita correct? There are some issues with the Playstation versions, but the PC version has been very smooth so far.

Dr Dogg

I'm struggling to think what I would consider the best looking game this year, even purely on a technically level. They all have flaws that if you prod in the right way become apparent.

It sold out pretty quickly at GAME so you might want to just jump in.

Oh those rascals would get dibs wouldn't they. I already own 1.5 ReMix so don't really want to shell out that much and I've got the Slightly Less Special Edition preordered for £23.15. The Steelbook and artbook are tempting though even though it wouldn't match my 1.5 Edtion and know SE the artbook would be rubbish (plus I've got the Japanese Ultimania guides which are chock full of concept stuff). I'll have a drunk moment of madness one night probably :(

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Am i supporting a dev less if i want to buy their game , but insist on buying it only when it is on sale ?
Games are worth different amounts to different people. "Supporting a dev" really has nothing to do with it. As a consumer, it's your job to judge the value of a game relative to your wallet.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
2014-11-12_20-26-16.jpg

I know it's a repeat ... but this time it's "official" ;)

I wouldn't recommend picking up Dead Cat unless you are an experienced player. There are some major advantages, but it is the ultimate risk/reward item.

You are playing on Vita correct? There are some issues with the Playstation versions, but the PC version has been very smooth so far.

yeah, been playing it on the PS4 and the Vita. and my issues is that i sometimes don't know what an item is until i pick it up. Thanks to constantly getting the dead cat i sure as hell have learned what that is, though haha

Lomax

So i had an discussion with my nephew today about me buying Steam games .

One point he made : "i understand why you buy games on Steam when they go on sale because y'know , it saves money" .

"And you also say you buy games to support the developers ( note : when they deserve it and i am genuinely interested in playing it . i am not THAT charitable :p ) but if you really want to support them , why do you insist on buying their games when they are on Sale only most of the time ? if you give them less money aren't you supporting them less " ?

That point is not going to change my buying habits but it does get me wondering :

Am i supporting a dev less if i want to buy their game , but insist on buying it only when it is on sale ?

Yes, you are, but you should only ever supoort them to the degree you feel is worthwhile. If the game isn't worth full price to you (or you can't afford it) there's no guilt in waiting for a sale.

Saty

Still couple of keys here.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Risk of Rain #1 -- MB-489280348B53E7BB - Taken by brynjolf
Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-0C6A97A89C509627
Risk of Rain #3 -- MB-5F7DCE9082889C55
Risk of Rain #2 -- MB-15839E824B26A692 - Taken by hepburn3d

Grief.exe

Destructoid gave Rebirth a 10/10!

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is hands down the best version of Isaac. It improves upon the original, a fantastic game in its own right, in every conceivable way. If you haven't played Isaac yet, this is the version to get. If you are a fan of the original, these are so many new items, enemies, and experiences to be found in Rebirth that it feels far more like a sequel than a remake.

http://www.destructoid.com/review-the-binding-of-isaac-rebirth-283702.phtml

Teeth

Yeah, I was just making a joke about how bad they look. :p

Clearly, you were never supposed to ever see them. It's kind of amazing that they even put an underwear texture there at all. It was most likely done to prevent some sort of hot coffee situation.

EDIT: ^^^^^ woah...eerie.

Dr Dogg

Oh crap, I had no idea! So this is exclusive to GAME (or direct from SE)?

Retail was apparently a GAME exclusive (I didn't even know until RedWizzard said) but it looks like you can also order directly from Square's online store. Kind of like Nintendo team up with GAME for 'exclusive' version then sell them on their own store.

So nobody is playing Toybox Turbos online. I had a few hours fun with the single player but I really want to play online. If there is no community even a day after launch I'm going to stop buying games like this.

i've given myself a $30 limit

thats enough right?

depends. are you looking to buy newer, 2014 games or just looking to get great games at real cheap prices? Because if it's that youre looking to get something like wolf2014 or watch dogs. then you're gonna get maybe a couple of games at most.

Someone knows what is the most bugged version? One or PS4?
I want buy a console just to play Unity, so even if they release a patch I can not download it and continue to enjoy the game as UBI thought it.

it's a rare case of the XB1 version being better than the PS4 version, but i wouldn't put it past them to patch it till both are pretty much identical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom