• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

No money and no time, I already paid my debt to the mafia.

All of the above.

Since you can never fully pay your debt to the mafia.
One of you lies.

be7JanE.gif

--

Oops, there I went off-topic.
I played a few hours of Valkyra Chronicles and is as fantastic as it seemed. Everyone should play and love the game. Although I am currently stuck at mission, I already have ideas how to improve the outcome. Very satisfying game.

Shadownet

Banned
Dithering?
Yeah my brain derped out. Its particularly bad in Flotsam.

But anyway, now those people are calling Unity this generation Crysis. Because its so hardware demanding.

Or maybe, just maybe its poorly optimized. I shouldn't be getting 22-30fps in cutscenes if I put everything on low.

Zafir

I think it needed more optimisation time judging from all of the versions. Though apparently there is some weird stuff with the PC version. People in the PC performance thread mentioned that FXAA isn't just FXAA and has temporal SMAA as well or something, causing more performance problems.
Look at the edges of the shadows:

CDPR's solution is simply to enable "ubersampling", which renders the game unplayable for most (well, that'd be less true these days). It never patched in a proper fix.
Yeah I always hated that effect. I remember trying every thing to get rid of that horrible dithering and it just wouldn't go. Very disappointing. Even without the dithering I don't think it would look as good as Unity though. I'm sure Witcher 3 will impress however.

Chariot

man this game has way too much dlc

i'm happy they support the game post launch but i'm glad i bailed out a little before the death wish update
You don't need any of the DLCs. There are a lot of free updates and enough weapons outside of it. As for missions; only the host needs it. No need to bail from one of the few working DLC concepts.

Adnor

Banned
man this game has way too much dlc

i'm happy they support the game post launch but i'm glad i bailed out a little before the death wish update

Besides the Gage Courier Pack DLC you don't really need to buy them. I mean they're nice, especially the Hotline Miami one (the music is so good!), but only the host needs the DLC to play the map, so you can join a public game and enjoy the new content.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Today is my cake day
DASXSw3.png

Happy birthday!

moar VNs, this one seems to be sim and VN, which worked well for several VNs in the past

another manage your guild? We have none at all and suddenly we have two in couple of weeks? seems fishy, but oh well, there more the merrier

The VN looks kind of bland, but the guild management game looks like it has potential.

Hopefully This Mean I Get A Jurassic Park Game Next Year

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=138507172#post138507172

Possible teaser for Lego Jurassic Park

15746361316_c746c8a94e.jpg

Lego Jurassic Park would make me really care about Lego games again.

We will surely get the Vanquish.

And all Atlus developed video games. All of them.

abracadaver

I'm thinking about picking up Shadow of Mordor

After watching a video review there seem to be no visible wounds on the enemies after you stab or hit them. Especially after splitting a head in half this looks bad. Is there really no visible damage or was it the video quality (youtube) that made me not be able to see it?

Omega

Banned
You don't need any of the DLCs. There are a lot of free updates and enough weapons outside of it. As for missions; only the host needs it. No need to bail from one of the few working DLC concepts.

Besides the Gage Courier Pack DLC you don't really need to buy them. I mean they're nice, especially the Hotline Miami one (the music is so good!), but only the host needs the DLC to play the map, so you can join a public game and enjoy the new content.

oh, i know you don't have to pay for it but i would. mainly because once my original group of people quit playing I had no one else to play with that I could trust. I was trying to get one of the achievements from that secret Armored Transport mission and three times I could have gotten it but host would quit. not to mention all the other missions where host quit, it was just that mission was extremely frustrating since you needed luck to get it.

never again. if I can't host i'm not playing, I don't trust anyone else to host a lobby anymore

Chariot

oh, i know you don't have to pay for it but i would. mainly because once my original group of people quit playing I had no one else to play with that I could trust. I was trying to get one of the achievements from that secret Armored Transport mission and three times I could have gotten it but host would quit. not to mention all the other missions where host quit, it was just that mission was extremely frustrating since you needed luck to get it.

never again. if I can't host i'm not playing, I don't trust anyone else to host a lobby anymore
Just ask here. GAF has a lot of trustworthy people who play PayDay2.

Someone needs to explain Binding of Isaac to me. I obviously am not playing it right when people like Yian are getting all sorts of items and stuff that I didn't even know existed...

--

And I'm going to ask again and keep asking... does anyone know if a new FOV fix for TEW was created after the latest patch?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Maybe a mistake? It doesn't appear for me here in the States.

Are you referring to the Squeenix Store link? Store page URLs are region-specific and Squeenix's software isn't smart enough to reroute international users to their proper destination, so if the regions don't match up they're just taken to the main page. If you search for the game it should show up.

DocSeuss

Look at the edges of the shadows:

CDPR's solution is simply to enable "ubersampling", which renders the game unplayable for most (well, that'd be less true these days). It never patched in a proper fix.

Yeah.

Dithering. I was wondering if that was what Shadownet was referring to, since I know it's in the game.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Are you referring to the Squeenix Store link? Store page URLs are region-specific and Squeenix's software isn't smart enough to reroute international users to their proper destination, so if the regions don't match up they're just taken to the main page. If you search for the game it should show up.

I'd expect as much from Square, but I also can't find it anywhere on the US store either.

This website is god awful.

Thorgal

So i had an discussion with my nephew today about me buying Steam games .

One point he made : "i understand why you buy games on Steam when they go on sale because y'know , it saves money" .

"And you also say you buy games to support the developers ( note : when they deserve it and i am genuinely interested in playing it . i am not THAT charitable :p ) but if you really want to support them , why do you insist on buying their games when they are on Sale only most of the time ? if you give them less money aren't you supporting them less " ?

That point is not going to change my buying habits but it does get me wondering :

Am i supporting a dev less if i want to buy their game , but insist on buying it only when it is on sale ?

Dr Dogg

Clicking on the Just Cause 3 link has just made me aware that the Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Special Edition is available over here. Must... Resist!!!

Also just seen a collection of the hilarious bugs in Unity. Some seriously clunky and funky things you normally see in a GTA or Saints Row. I think as the series has gone on the more they have crept in.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Alright, done:

S4MHW6N.png

Still blows my mind that adding a game to your wishlist, then removing it, then adding it back results in this word soup.

Dr Dogg

Alright, done:

S4MHW6N.png

Still blows my mind that adding a game to your wishlist, then removing it, then adding it back results in this word soup.

All work and no play makes jshackles a dull boy.
All work and no play makes jshackles a dull boy...

Tellaerin

So i had an discussion with my nephew today about me buying Steam games .

One point he made : "i understand why you buy games on Steam when they go on sale because y'know , it saves money" .

"And you also say you buy games to support the developers ( note : when they deserve it and i am genuinely interested in playing it . i am not THAT charitable :p ) but if you really want to support them , why do you insist on buying their games when they are on Sale only most of the time ? if you give them less money aren't you supporting them less " ?

That point is not going to change my buying habits but it does get me wondering :

Am i supporting a dev less if i want to buy their game , but insist on buying it only when it is on sale ?

I don't think you're doing developers a disservice by waiting for sales to buy their games, but you want to support them more directly, you can always help fund the projects you're interested in through crowdfunding platforms like Kickstarter or Patreon.

Chariot

Less than buying the game on full price, of course.
But thing is, that there are more than one developers and more than one game or franchise one wants to support. So while you're supporting on particular dev or game less by buying only on sales, you support many a little bit.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Some people in the Unity Performance Thread are calling it the best looking game this year. And by extension the best looking game ever.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out how the hell did I wake up in Bizarro world.

It is one the top 3 best looking games of the year. Ryse looks better on PC, but it's linear as fuck. In motion and moving around Paris, ACU is pretty much unbeatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom