• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Oh wow holooolllyy shit at that Sequence 3 Memory 3 in Unity. Fuck I love this series.

F4kUx9j.gif

GMG is sending euro keys within the next couple of hours apparently, then I still need to download it. UGH. The wait us unbearable.

Coreda

Don't be like me and wait five years to do an internal cleaning. I had dust flying out everywhere. Just completely caked on.

YfDkzPm.jpg

This thing is wonderful at blowing dust out of things. First time in months I cleaned my little chassis and a few times over with the blower cleared all the dust out. Then gave it a bit of a wipe-down and it was good to go. Took a few minutes all up.

Only precaution I discovered is you have to make sure all fans are blocked from spinning prior to blowing them, as it can ruin the mechanism if they are spun at a higher than designed force.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Sega very happy with Valkyria Chronicles' Steam launch

“During its first 24 hours on sale, blew all forecasts and predictions out of the water. The award-winning Strategy RPG, originally released in 2008 for PlayStation 3, forced its way to the top of the Steam download charts, beating a host of brand new games to reach number one,” Sega said.

Sega Europe’s senior VP of commercial publishing John Clark added: “We would like to take this opportunity to thank all the fans for their support in the phenomenal success of this launch. We’re also delighted at the response from the Steam community which indicates that newcomers to the series are finding it as enchanting and engaging as those who have played it before.”

YfDkzPm.jpg

This thing is wonderful at blowing dust out of things. First time in months I cleaned my little chassis and a few times over with the blower cleared all the dust out. Then gave it a bit of a wipe-down and it was good to go. Took a few minutes all up.

Only precaution I discovered is you have to make sure all fans are blocked from spinning prior to blowing them, as it can ruin the mechanism if they are spun at a higher than designed force.

Yeah, when I went to get it cleaned (and get my fan replaced), the shop I went to was horrified. They took it out on the street and spent a good 4-5 minutes using an airvac to clean it out. I pledged to never let it get that bad again.

Xanathus

I imagine (and hope) that it's more likely we'll see ports of PS3 games rather than other platforms, since it seems they have access to a company that has proven to be able to make good ports of PS3 games. Bayonetta & Vanquish plz.

didamangi

One step closer to Vanquish.

YfDkzPm.jpg

Wish they sell those around here.

Still using this.

But hey it works and at least it's good exercise for my grip.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
jesus fucking christ ... those udontplay avatars are some real nightmare fuel O_O

who the hell though that this is a good idea (and looks acceptable by ANY standards)?

2014-11-12_17-34-38.jpg

louiedog

what else has made the PSP->PC leap before? The falcom games were actually PC ports to the PSP, so i don't think those count. Scratching my head here trying to recall something that has made the jump

Mind Zero

Most Vita > PC games that I can think of were ported to lots of platforms including PC (like Blackgate or AC Liberation), not just Vita > PC like we're talking here.

edit: Why did I think Vita and not PSP? I need more sleep.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I think that i really like new place for Steam OT. Lately Gaming section is unbearable for me because it is full of misleading titles and hyperbole. So i think that i will spend more time in this thread from now :D

Welcome. ^_^.

(I think the AC:Unity storm will pass in a few days)

Coreda

Wish they sell those around here.

Still using this. But hey it works and at least it's good exercise for my grip.

You can find the DataVacs on eBay, I think they make them in both 120v and 220v versions. The force is exhilarating, it's such a powerful tunnel of air. Before knowing better I tried vacuum cleaning the case, but it was too weak to be of use (note: don't try this as static discharges can damage components).

Someone on another forum uses a hand blower of a different kind, which they find effective:

Grief.exe

Sega very happy with Valkyria Chronicles' Steam launch

“During its first 24 hours on sale, blew all forecasts and predictions out of the water. The award-winning Strategy RPG, originally released in 2008 for PlayStation 3, forced its way to the top of the Steam download charts, beating a host of brand new games to reach number one,” Sega said.

Sega Europe’s senior VP of commercial publishing John Clark added: “We would like to take this opportunity to thank all the fans for their support in the phenomenal success of this launch. We’re also delighted at the response from the Steam community which indicates that newcomers to the series are finding it as enchanting and engaging as those who have played it before.”

My wallet is ready for more releases Sega.

ijqhXpmjsBjeV.gif

The idea behind Always sometimes Monsters is very good, but working to gain money is VERY boring. Also how can you live in a word in which you gain around 100 dollars each day by working, and you need to spend them to buy 10 slices of pizza in order to survive, because pizza costs 10$ each slice.
Lmfaoooo I remember a place when I was at Manhattan that sold 6 dollar slices. Like yo wtf, no thanks.

Lomax

You can find the DataVacs on eBay, I think they make them in both 120v and 220v versions. The force is exhilarating, it's such a powerful tunnel of air. Before knowing better I tried vacuum cleaning the case, but it was too weak to be of use (note: don't try this as static discharges can damage components).

Someone on another forum uses a hand blower of a different kind, which they find effective:

Woah, that's actually pretty brilliant, I'm gonna have to try using mine.

Is there a way to remove the "Write a review" box from Steam? I usually don't like to review games, just press the Yes button to recommend and that's all. But the review box stays there and it's big and annoying.

fantomena

Planning on going for a CPU upgrade this christmas and maybe a graphic card upgrade when the next geforce series arrives.

After looking at comparisons between my GTX 690 and a GTX 980, the differences are too small in my opinion.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is there a way to remove the "Write a review" box from Steam? I usually don't like to review games, just press the Yes button to recommend and that's all. But the review box stays there and it's big and annoying.

This is something I'm working on - the ability to roll this menu up into a single line and expand it again when you're ready to write a review. I'm not sure if it will be ready by the time the next version releases or not, but it's something I'm working on.

Well, VC has every right to triumph on PC, it's like a match made in heaven.

I doubt they'll port the PSP games (if they ported them "as is" then people would complain about the graphics, and doing a complete remaster is probably out of the picture) but if they bring the rest of their console catalog to PC I know I'll be there, buying their stuff.

L.O.R.D

question
what the source that GTAV and Ground Zeros for the PC is less then $6 for Russian steam ?

edit : wait , there was error price for MGS and GTAV before the release ?

Grief.exe

Need to add Yakuza to my list of awesome Sega games that would make for lucrative ports. Now that Atlus has been aquired as well, I would be very interested to see SMT and Persona ports.

Vanquish
Bayonetta
PSO2
Resonance of Fate
Skies of Arcadia
Shenmue
JSRF
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Otogi

Sega is so damn stacked

Status
Not open for further replies.