• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renzoku

Banned
i've given myself a $30 limit

thats enough right?

I'm going to spend up to a $100 I think. I doubt I'm going to reach it, but there's at least five or six games from this year that I've been waiting to play because I wanted to play them on my new computer, and I'm going to have a fair amount of free time in December to do so.

Parsnip

Those Unity bugs are a bit tiring to be honest. At least AssFlags bugs were interesting with the weird boat stuff, these are mostly pretty boring. Once you've seen one AI routing or collision bug you have seen them all.

Retail was apparently a GAME exclusive (I didn't even know until RedWizzard said) but it looks like you can also order directly from Square's online store. Kind of like Nintendo team up with GAME for 'exclusive' version then sell them on their own store.

Thanks for linking that Dogg, I know someone who'll be happy with that for Christmas!

Those Unity bugs are a bit tiring to be honest. At least AssFlags bugs were interesting with the weird boat stuff, these are mostly pretty boring. Once you've seen one AI routing or collision bug you have seen them all.

i think the nightmare fuel ones are pretty awesome. The Collision ones are meh though

Dr Dogg

Here's a weird thing I've just realised. The Unity companion app is in the Microsoft Store for RT devices and such. You can also runs these on Windows 8 and above. Might be a pain without touch but on Windows 10 Tech Preview it's a bit more manageable plus you have multiple Desktops which are way easier to swap between store apps when running.

Edit: Of course this is probably the best of both worlds
YjwWGmL.jpg

Thanks for linking that Dogg, I know someone who'll be happy with that for Christmas!

No probs.

Decado

Argh. Did I miss the humble bundle with Twisted Planet in it? Could swear there was one, but I may be thinking of the wrong bundle site...

The resolution options in Valkyria Chronicles are really annoying. No drop down menu and every resolution has around 6 different framerate options for some bizarre reason(Lock the game at 42 FPS!)

Vlad

I wouldn't recommend picking up Dead Cat unless you are an experienced player. There are some major advantages, but it is the ultimate risk/reward item.

What would you say the advantages are? Sure, having nine lives is great and all, but with only one heart each, you've really got to be able to dodge well (or have an item like the Relic). The fact that it reduces your current hearts to 1 is what makes it something I'll avoid every time.

The resolution options in Valkyria Chronicles are really annoying. No drop down menu and every resolution has around 6 different framerate options for some bizarre reason(Lock the game at 42 FPS!)

yeah. Found that a little annoying. so much clicking to get to 1080p.

But hey...at least it has options

Argh. Did I miss the humble bundle with Twisted Planet in it? Could swear there was one, but I may be thinking of the wrong bundle site...

Are you referring to Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet?

If so, PM me.

EDIT: Top page for 50ppp'ers. And to keep this thing rolling after last page's top... ASSassASS.

You play as Garry Rambler, a rogue mercenary that escaped from hell who has sworn to take revenge upon the illusive cows that lurk among the shadows whom murdered his family, stuck in a purgatory filled with nothing but cows, grass and more cows. Only equipped with his moustache, cliché 80's mullet and magnum revolver; the exact revolver he used to kill the legendary cow god that ordered his family to be executed, he must fend for himself in a cruel, unforgiving dimension.

Incredible. The game we deserved (after Goat Simulator).

yeah. Found that a little annoying. so much clicking to get to 1080p.

But hey...at least it has options

OMG, SHIT PORT. DON'T SUPPORT THESE LAZY DEVS.

What would you say the advantages are? Sure, having nine lives is great and all, but with only one heart each, you've really got to be able to dodge well (or have an item like the Relic). The fact that it reduces your current hearts to 1 is what makes it something I'll avoid every time.

If you have enough skill/experience, you can survive long enough on 1 heart to add extra hearts to that current life... and if you somehow fuck it all up? You'll get another shot to pick up and start again.

I was doing great with it last night until I died to Mom at the last second somehow -- then I couldn't quite manage to survive the fight with her for my other 8 lives -- and because I already cleared most of the level out already, there was no way to procure more life at that point.

i do like that sega seems to have settled into one type of configuration screen recently. I don't know if it first appeared on the recently updated dreamcast collection or if it was before that, but seeing VC use that same configuration screen and that it actually works with a controller is kinda neat.

Coreda

This could have been something, but no. Having a realistic grass growing sim would at least be mildly entertaining as an idle game, and an elaborately amusing joke game.

Grass RPG: Blades of Glory

"Fight to survive as you play the role of the chosen blade in the harsh landscape of Lorn."

So, SteamGAF, MASSIVE CHALICE released on Steam Early Access and there's only one curator recommending it as of this post:
A Double Fine Game. 'Massive Chalice innovates on the parts of XCOM that got me hooked'-PC Gamer
Any guess on who it is? If you guessed PC Gamer, please go sit in a corner until this is over. If somehow managed to guess Double Fine, then it turns out you're right! It's none other than Double Fine's own curation! After a quick Google it turns out they're partially quoting a PC Gamer "hands on" of MASSIVE CHALICE.

Now I wonder why Double Fine would think it's ok to recommend their own game using the words of another on their own curation account... As meaningless as the curations are, it still seems more than a little scummy to me, especially after the whole Spacebase DF-9 Early Access disaster. (And yes, I know that DF gave all owners of DF-9 and Hack 'n' Slash the other game - that isn't what the controversy was about.)

Completely unrelated: If anyone is on the fence about Valkyria Chronicles, I want you to buy it right now. You owe it to yourself. If anyone asks, you can say you had no choice.

so guys whats worse when it comes to bugs and glitches, day 1 skyrim or day 1 unity? i ask cause I got skyrim wayyy later so I don't know how bad it was when it came out + i got no intentions of getting unity.

madjoki

Is there any difference between The Witcher 3 RU and The Witcher 3 RU Old restriction wise?

New one can't be bought as a gift (without use of exploit).
It isn't runtime locked and tradeing lock isn't working, but it can change.
I'd advise against trading for one of these.

so guys whats worse when it comes to bugs and glitches, day 1 skyrim or day 1 unity? i ask cause I got skyrim wayyy later so I don't know how bad it was when it came out + i got no intentions of getting unity.

with skyrim being gamebryo and coming from bethesda, we knew it was going to need some work from the get-go. the AC games have been sloppily ported to the PC, sure, but they've never really been buggy messes. Ran like crap, but it ran.

Skyrim was just a special case where it was literally broken on one platform. The sad thing is that Fallout 3 and New Vegas were pretty broken on the ps3, too, but since skyrim sold more it had more of an outcry attached to it. You couldn't pay me enough money to get a bethesda game on a console again.

also, that's pretty much what i expected JC3 to look like.

I wish! I like flower. Actually, is it possible to make a PC game with such specific controls? It never was clear to me.
also damned electricity level

Yeah I liked it as well, except for the electricity level you mentioned. I suppose it could sorta be done with controls similar to Descent or Forsaken, but I don't know if that'd work well. I guess they could say it requires a DS3/DS4 or something similar.

Ezalc

Finished Transistor today. Beautiful game, amazing soundtrack, fun gameplay but jesus I thought the story was awful. I had more fun with Bastion, I liked the kid's mobility more than Red's. It was fun to swap around functions and see the new combinations though, I found that spark+void with explode+cull just about obliterated everything. Having that teleport function as a way to dodge and then bounce as a passive to get the shield and you have a pretty easy time with most of the enemies.

Kaleinc

Banned
New one can't be bought as a gift (without use of exploit).
It isn't runtime locked and tradeing lock isn't working, but it can change.
I'd advise against trading for one of these.
Thanks, I'm trying to figure out how steamdb site works for a year and still can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom