• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
About the Saoirse part...
Well, yeah, it was kind of supposed to be. I was referencing this lovely bloke.
still, eww

like memes don't ever make anything better

Hey hey hey, haven't I got great news for all your faithful folks of neogaf.com.

New Kentucky Route Zero Interlude out, "Here And There Along The Echo"

I'm literally squealing in excitement over here.

yea i played that one and all the other kr0 short stories yesterday. my impressions:

spent some time playing the kentucky route zero short stories, really liked them all. some thoughts

limits and demonstrations is kinda like a tiny cut chapter from the game, you walk around, look at things and answer weird questions with weird answers. pretty straightforward kr0 stuff

the entertainer is prolly the most interesting one, you're basically an extra in a play and just stare at things and rz0-esque things happen. i really like the idea of games as theater plays, so i really enjoyed this one. being a motionless extra you're sit in between the audience and the real actors and it leads to a very weird situation of the traditional kentucky route zero dreamworld voyeuristic thing but also a very strong feeling of being watched. it's pretty interesting, i liked it a lot

here and there along the echo is also pretty good but i enjoyed it less. it's basically you and one of those auto voice machines or however they're called and you're like you just called 1-1800-WEIRD or something. there's a lot of "physicality" to this one, in that you punch the numbers one by one and can just hold the phone on either ear or set it to speaker, etc. everything works like it should, it's a perfect "phone simulator". feels really good with headphones and it's pretty atmospheric. it's also pretty frustrating to deal with as those machines always are. you get a lot of extension numbers for i guess some more weird stuff but for some reason none of them were working for me

anywho all three are obviously pretty recommended for people that liked kentucky route zero, like always it's all pretty strange and dark and surreal in that david lynch style of familiar but disturbing shit.

and in that vein i also recommend glitchhikers which is a short game of the strange-things-happening-at-night-to-lonely-people kind

L.O.R.D

i installed windows on my SSD drive ( 120 GB )
and steam folder on the other drove ( SSHDD )
is this the same as playing steam games from normal HDD ?

derExperte

i installed windows on my SSD drive ( 120 GB )
and steam folder on the other drove ( SSHDD )
is this the same as playing steam games from normal HDD ?

The SSHD only caches regularly used files. So if you play one game all the time it can be like using an SSD. Otherweise no, most of the time an SSHD is totally wasted as a data drive.

zkylon

zkylewd
so i boot up New Vegas

it's very orange.

i like the radio so far

yea it's pretty orange. nevada skies helps a bit with that. i personally like the vanilla setting the most, not much of a change, just an incremental upgrade

also sandstorms~~

Zafir

The matchmaking on Evolve seems pretty blergh when you're in a party. We'd queue for a while and it just wouldn't add anyone as the monster. It seems instant if you solo queue though...

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Finally played and beat Alan Wake's American Nightmare.

Didn't care much for
having to go through each area 3 times
, but the DLC doesn't overstay its welcome and ends when it's about to start dragging. I'm glad I played on Nightmare mode from the start, the challenge was very fun and never felt unfair. Makes me want to do a Nightmare run on the main game, I only played it on normal and on the 360, so the better visuals would also be a treat.

Teppic

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 cards coupons. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

GMG 25% off code #2 -- MB-8C740B470587C00A - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk
GMG 25% off code -- MB-5521BF04B6705DC1 - Taken by crazyrabbits
Expires Monday 3rd November.

zkylon

zkylewd
Just wait until you've heard Johnny Guitar for the tenth time. You realize that the ambient music without the radio is also pretty good.
yup that's basically how i play it

they got lots of the tunes from fo1 and 2 as ambient music so you go around nostalgia tripping without the radio

forgot about the mods. thanks
yea don't go too crazy on mods just yet but lemme know if you have questions/etc

i'm working right now so can't make u a full list

iosefe

yup that's basically how i play it

they got lots of the tunes from fo1 and 2 as ambient music so you go around nostalgia tripping without the radio

yea don't go too crazy on mods just yet but lemme know if you have questions/etc

i'm working right now so can't make u a full list

i'll just start with Nevada skies for now

Finally played and beat Alan Wake's American Nightmare.

Didn't care much for
having to go through each area 3 times
, but the DLC doesn't overstay its welcome and ends when it's about to start dragging. I'm glad I played on Nightmare mode from the start, the challenge was very fun and never felt unfair. Makes me want to do a Nightmare run on the main game, I only played it on normal and on the 360, so the better visuals would also be a treat.

I always recommend doing this with Alan Wake. Not sure how American Nightmare does it but the main game requires you to add this to the launch options to unlock it on your first playthrough:

Code:
-developermenu

dex3108

Damn SteamGAF i injured my back this morning and now everything i do hurts :( That includes playing games too because sitting hurts too after few minutes. Now i can't play Evolve Alpha and it looks like fun game.

On the bright side what is your opinion on Contrast? Should i buy it now when it is on sale?

Evolve Alpha codes for you duders.

ModBot said:
Instructions for The Dear Leader:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

EVolvo Large Alpha -- MB-0C56988C4EAC29AD
Evolve Big Alpher -- MB-4E1C95593E05C8A3
dEvolver Small Alpaca -- MB-2D31709134F9D835
Evolve Big Alpha -- MB-7435F9E126F62918
pls Evolvo alpher -- MB-230E2648E7D0E8AB
Involve the Alpha -- MB-1CF21400D95374B0 - Taken by The Flash
Evola Medium alfa -- MB-6D85C27EF3B97F1A - Taken by Ultrabum
GIT EVOLVED BRUH the alpha -- MB-2477CE147B3CF2DF

Why does evolve run like ass?
it's an alpha breh, dur dur dur
! Second game today that makes my PC crap down it's trousers (I cried manly tears with TEW demo)

Nzyme32

15 more days till HL2 will also be 10 years old.

I really wonder if Valve will do anything on that day.

And my Steam account will be 10 years old too. I just made sure I had every achievement in the HL2 series for the occasion, but will probably start another playthrough of the HL2 games or even HL1 games on the day. Pretty amazing how well they hold up today all things considered

redlacs

5 hours into Strata and counting. cant wait for 6x6 square tables..

just wanted to say: LYNE > Strata > Hexcells

(dont flame, its just supposed to show which i enjoy the most. if you enjoyed any of the mentioned above, you should totally still play the other two)

GaussTek

Just finished Ys I & II Chronicles. Both are pretty great, but Ys II is longer and overall better than the first one. Music in both is just awesome. Next is Ys: The Oath and Felghana... and Origin after it :D

Wish Ys VI, Seven and Memories of Celceta were on Steam. Kinda upset that Falcom went from full PC to almost PSP/Vita only, but the next Ys game is also coming to PS4, so I guess there's a bit more chance that it will also come to PC (that and the fact Falcom games are doing pretty great on Steam, too).

NEO0MJ

Gonna give away a few of my extra Evolve codes.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NEO0MJ, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Evolve Alpha #3 -- MB-67F94A5D40FC6EE6
Evolve Alpha #2 -- MB-42B3FBE8A6DFD6CE
Evolve Alpha -- MB-5079A00C3DE04BB4 - Taken by OrlanisWorks

Mokoi

Banned
Just finished Ys I & II Chronicles. Both are pretty great, but Ys II is longer and overall better than the first one. Music in both is just awesome. Next is Ys: The Oath and Felghana... and Origin after it :D
Wish Ys VI, Seven and Memories of Celceta were on Steam. Kinda upset that Falcom went from full PC to almost PSP/Vita only, but the next Ys game is also coming to PS4, so I guess there's a bit more chance that it will also come to PC (that and the fact Falcom games are doing pretty great on Steam, too).

Glad to know that you enjoyed them! Some people were turned off by the sweet bump battle system. I also wish they were on steamo, and I'm expecting the new game to be available on pc at some point. Well I sure do hope it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom