• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

PLASTICA-MAN buying 20 copies confirmed.

1408102286571.gif

drakaenae

ModBot said:
Instructions for drakaenae:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (drakaenae, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Beat Hazard(not sure if used or not) -- MB-CE2E24E2E7BB462D - Taken by gaiadyne
Reflex -- MB-2208ED85C77CB749 - Taken by swx
Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-8A12695147DD974C - Taken by Tesseract
Ballpoint Universe Infinite -- MB-5BF43EF0D15811B3 - Taken by Texan365

Can't SLI performance be ridiculously buggy on newer games? Like Mordor was left waiting for new SLI profiles for like a week+?

So having two 980s in SLI... couldn't ACU possibly perform better on a single SLI at the lower settings?

Grief.exe

Can't SLI performance be ridiculously buggy on newer games? Like Mordor was left waiting for new SLI profiles for like a week+?

So having two 980s in SLI... couldn't ACU possibly perform better on a single SLI at the lower settings?

Just have to get accustomed with Nvidia Inspector. People were using Fear 3's SLI profile for Mordor and it worked perfectly fine. When Dark Souls II was released I ended up using a profile from a really obscure game that garnered perfect performance.

SLI inherently requires knowledge of the territory, but sometimes people aren't willing to do the research or don't have the experience.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What does Jase think about the new Assassin's Creed?

It's buggy as hell (which is endearing in its own hilarious way) and runs like a dog's breakfast (which is particularly ridiculous considering the narrower scope of platforms versus Black Flag and even 3), but Paris is fantastic -- hooray for an aesthetically and architecturally setting once again -- and while the core structure is the same, the changes to the traversal and combat systems are quite nice (i.e. no more accidentally jumping to your death as a result of wanting to quickly get down from somewhere and combat encounters are not as easy as they once were).

zkylon

zkylewd
It's buggy as hell (which is endearing in its own hilarious way) and runs like a dog's breakfast (which is particularly ridiculous considering the narrower scope of platforms versus Black Flag and even 3), but Paris is fantastic -- hooray for an aesthetically and architecturally setting once again -- and while the core structure is the same, the changes to the traversal and combat systems are quite nice (i.e. no more accidentally jumping to your death as a result of wanting to quickly get down from somewhere and combat encounters are not as easy as they once were).

so might be great in a few patches?

Milamber

Are you saying I cannot infinitely counter enemies anymore?

BigBoss

Has anyone here ordered from G2A? Are they reliable? They have Watch Dogs Deluxe Edition for $10.35, seems like a pretty good deal, maybe too good...

Milamber

Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 also region-free.

Last PES I touched/bought/played was International Superstar Soccer Deluxe on the SNES back in '96. Threw it away when my friend beat my time on the timed pass-goal challenges by kicking it straight to the goal instead of passing and the game bugged and accepted it. The goalkeeper completely missed it. I wasn't able to recreate it. Boy did I rage quit.

yuraya

Wow VC is sitting at 97% overwhelmingly positive reviews on the store page. Game is brilliant Sega deserves all the praise for it. Top seller as well :D

There is really no reason why they don't release the PSP sequels. I hope they do it like SE is doing with the XIII trilogy now. With a couple month breaks in between release. So maybe early next year we get VC2. Fingers crossed because games like this really do belong on PC. I can definitely see the appeal of this being a handheld game tho. If I had a PSP I would probably sink a lot of hours into it. The replay value is pretty damn good. I already replayed the first skirmish like 4 times trying out different strategies n stuff. Its really fun.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
how much is PES in russia since its region free?

its also currently in the GMG VIP thingie

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

That's one of the threads that really seems out of place in light of the mass exodus of threads. If anything, Club Nintendo in concept is even more community oriented than any of the digital platform threads.

Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 7.1. Here are a list of changes found in this release:
  • Added ACRTAG warning messages to sub pages
  • Added the ability to remove games from your wishlist from the game's app page

Both of these are going to be really useful, thanks.

Being unable to removes games from the wishlist has felt like another one of those things that Valve just doesn't care about implementing, even though it would save a few seconds.

Ozium

cheerio, just had a crackin' game of Verdun.. was playing as the Tommies and gave those Huns a right wollop. For Queen and Country, mate. Ended in a stalemate twice, it's almost like a war of attrition. May God have mercy on our souls.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
cheerio, just had a crackin' game of Verdun.. was playing as the Tommies and gave those Huns a right wollop. For Queen and Country, mate. Ended in a stalemate twice, it's almost like a war of attrition. May God have mercy on our souls.

I've been listening to the Hardcore History series about WWI and just heard about Verdun, this game really interests me.

Aye, sounds like ya gave them chaps a right proper wallop, mate.

Ozium

I've been listening to the Hardcore History series about WWI and just heard about Verdun, this game really interests me.

it's like the best WWI game ever... the game mode system has you constantly attacking and defending as you try to take trenches from the enemy, while you are defending you will be shot as a deserter if you don't go back to your trench (to prevent ppl trying to stay behind or rambo it) so the way it is set up feels like trench warfare...

the atmosphere is incredible, the gas looks cool (there's like 3 different kinds of gas) and you can call mortars, but at times it's incredibly quiet and you just hear the wind rustling and a loud rifle shot now and then...

the game is made of squadrons of 4 ppl one of which is an NCO and can all air strikes/gas strikes (depending on what squadron it is) and also give coordinates for his squadmates to move to.. if people choose to follow your orders they get bonus points/xp for killing enemies in the area you told them to move to, or if they are following you... another nice feature is that if your NCO is alive you can spawn on them, and they receive xp for doing so...

also it plays songs from the 1910s played on a gramophone during the menu...

edit: also it pulls off being historically 'realistic and accurate' while being a little bit more accessible than something like red orchestra 2 imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom