• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coreda

SSDs failing is a scary thought, having moved the system and programs to it recently. The binary state of them is what gets me, no 'decay' as such, just the possibility it could fail without notice. Which reminds me I should pick up another HDD for backups.

Today is my cake day
DASXSw3.png
Happy belated birthday!
--
Hey Dr, knowing that you are very good in the technical field of PCs, I do have a question about CPUs.

I am hopefully - oh dear God please - buying my first desktop PC in the coming months but despite having looked at various benchmarks, I am torn between which CPU to choose.
As far as I understand any i5 (4 core) is currently more than enough for gaming and even in the near future. But with newgen having 8 cores - even if slow - I fear I am cheaping out on the wrong place by not going i7. The thought is, 8 core CPUs are way too expensive and I hope that the 8 threads of i7 4 core CPUs will be enough to play most games for the next 5 years without having to upgrade CPU/scale back much?!
I did learn that by investing 100€ in a better GPU will give much more performance gain than 100€ in a better CPU. A GPU can be upgraded easily in the future but a newer CPU would mean new cpu+mobo+ram in this case :/
The deal is, I plan to build a machine that will last me 5 years at at least moderate settings/performance. Budget is 1000€ max.
What are your thoughts on an i7(4 core), 970, 8GB, (256ssd)?
--
2014-11-12_20-26-16.jpg

I know it's a repeat ... but this time it's "official" ;)
Really glad that SEGA taking a chance on Steam with VC payed out for them.
I know Bayonetta and Vanquish get much more love here but all I ever want from SEGA is to bring all Yakuza games on Steam. That would make me so happy.
--
Looks alright. It's not the visuals I am fearing.
--
How the heck did CoD get so cheap already?? 11 keys?
Just checked SteamDB. It is region-locked?! How do you get that it's for 11 keys?
--
It's apparent were not going to get a response from the mods.
Proposed thread for Friday:
Thread will be posted in Gaming, we will see how it does, the STEAM | November thread will run normally with all the things you expect from a monthly thread. If Steam News catches on and works we can start to think about relaxing the rules for the Steam Montlhy thread about trading and posting Steam stats.
Hopefulyl most people will support this new thread as it is a supplement to this thread.and relies on you helping the new thread out to make sure its on-topic and relevant.
A thread basically for Turfster alone ;)
Interesting. Let's try and see! I wager a lot of people in the community-talk-thread will miss some deals by not going to the news-thread? What are your ideas on cross-posting deals in this thread then? Are you ok with having the deals posted on both threads? I mean, people who don't want any OT-non-deal-news-talk can stick to the news-thread. So it wouldn't hurt having the deals posted here as well.
--
i got an email about a "gameplay trailer" from taleworlds and i was stupid excited thinking it was gonna be of mount & blade 2
of course it's just yet another warband expansion lol
this one looks pretty rad tho, you have like crazy viking boats and indoors combat stuff and i dunno it's more mount & blade
i really wish they hurried the fuck up with the new one tho
Wow, this looks really cool!
--
Is there a way to have a tag or icon in the browser when looking at my games library that highlight the games which are excluded from family sharing?

Also, don't forget peeps, if you stamp in on GOG's site every day for the next seven days you'll get a free copy of Witcher 2 and the movie The Game!

6) Apparently the faculty wants to fire all the student workers because the other student workers aren't good at customer service (my boss was clear: I am great at this). I wear a hat. Apparently this upsets some faculty. Who knows what could be lurking under there?

I feel your pain.

hey guys how are you i am fine

So:

1) My hard drive is so dead my computer won't boot. It's not my OS drive, even.
2) I ordered a new hard drive with January's rent but according to amazon, one-day shipping = two-day
3) My pants split open. I cannot afford to replace them because I just spent money on a hard drive and...
4) Origin re-charged me for Dragon Age: Inquisition
5) Got an email from my parents saying my 15 year-old dog is sick.
6) Apparently the faculty wants to fire all the student workers because the other student workers aren't good at customer service (my boss was clear: I am great at this). I wear a hat. Apparently this upsets some faculty. Who knows what could be lurking under there?

FINE?

FUCK EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING I'M SEETHING WITH INCANDESCENT RAGE

FUCK

MY ENTIRE FUCKING STEAM DRIVE IS DEAD

Some days are horrible. The only thing we can do is push through them in the hopes that things (inevitably) get better tomorrow.

Also, it's never too late to pick up the art of sewing. Has helped me fix tears in my clothing before.

Well they did turn ZOE2 HD from a game that was worse than the PS2 version to the definitive version of the game.

Well, they did fix the ZOE HD colection. It took several months and it was only the PS3 version, but it got fixed.´
Ignoring the whole timegap for it to be sorted out, Konami only went out of their way to contract a different studio to fix ZOE2 HD alone, for just one version. As far as I'm concerned that's not really fixing anything with how half-assed that is.

Deitus

Well they did turn ZOE2 HD from a game that was worse than the PS2 version to the definitive version of the game.

I did not know about that. I wanted to pick up the ZOE HD collection when it came out, but decided against it when I heard it was a bad port. I guess if it's been fixed, I need to pick that up now (unless it gets released on Steam).

If only Konami would fix the Silent Hill HD collection now.
I know it will never happen, but I can dream.

Turfster

Bundlestars Wayback bundle
Price: 3.59€
  • 7th Legion
  • Shadow Ops: Red Mercury
  • Bloodnet
  • Gunship!
  • Rex Nebular and the Cosmic Gender Benders
  • Slave Zero
  • Sword of the Samurai

Grief.exe

Whoa, the gameplay in that looks insane. Had to do some googling around as that game is a bit of a mystery.

http://news.mmosite.com/content/201...t_developed_by_smile_gate_came_to_light.shtml

Smile Gate, the developer of Cross Fire, held a press conference and officially announced to change the name of Project T to LOST ARK, in the meantime, some details and official trailer of LOST ARK were released.

lost_ark_four_classes

LOST ARK is a quarter-view MMORPG using Unreal Engine 3 and it is scheduled to kick off Closed Beta Test next year. Even though Smile Gate is going to Gstar this year, they won’t provide Demo for Gstar visitors to play LOST ARK.

it's a good price for CODAW, but i don't wanna be punked by kb&m folk. I'm having enough issues as it is against controller plebs, i can't even imagine how badly i would get crushed on the pc.

Phawx

I have a Let's Play up of QP Shooting Dangerous. Game should be live tomorrow on Steam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6iIpksHidk

Quick Impressions

It's a bullet-hell shump. Based on the enemy designs and even the story, I think even the devs realize that the only thing that matters are the massive amounts of bullets.

The level I played, I fought against trains, chickens, cardboard boxes and signal lights (which have boss level health). Again, I honestly think the devs realize that you will be so focused on the sheer amount of bullets that they honestly don't give a shit what is firing at you. You're barely going to be looking at them anyway!

You control an anime girl who has a cadre of bunny heads that shoot foreign projectile of unknown origin and can be formed in one of three formations for specific attack patterns. The WHOLE of your hitbox is essentially the back of your neck, which honestly, I wish I could see at all times.

RT on the 360 controller was indicated to "slow down time" which seemed like a timed ability. Instead it merely indicated my hitbox, which is supremely useful. After I learned what it was, I essentially just held the RT button down wishing for a toggle.

It's fun and zany

The ROW sub is available to russians right now and it has no region locks.
ROW means Rest of the World(which is the version most of europe and usa get)
The ROW post-release sub isn't locked down. It's every region that isn't Eastern Europe, South America and Japan (ROW = Rest of World).
Edit: b10.
Huh, something new learned. Thanks.

Well, in that case, someone buy me the game. I'll give many thanks.

How's your enjoyment with AssUnity going Jase? Not the bugs/glitches, I am sure they will get patched out but the actual game.

Hugstable

Banned
Wait, is it actually an MMO then? It looked like a Diablo style game, and the multiplayer parts of that video only showed 4 player co-op. It looks cool, but I probably won't play it if its an MMO.

Yeah that's a bit discouraging. MMO would probably mean trading and economy, which would suck as I just like how Diablo 3 is now where I can pretty much just play on my own or with a friend and still get geared up awesomely.

Phawx

Bundlestars Wayback bundle
Price: 3.59€
  • 7th Legion
  • Shadow Ops: Red Mercury
  • Bloodnet
  • Gunship!
  • Rex Nebular and the Cosmic Gender Benders
  • Slave Zero
  • Sword of the Samurai

Holy shit! Rex Nebular and the Cosmic Gender Bender! That game is awesome. It's basically LSL + SQ.

Edit: If you like Point and Click adventure games, get this bundle for Rex Nebular alone

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How's your enjoyment with AssUnity going Jase? Not the bugs/glitches, I am sure they will get patched out but the actual game.

So far, so good. I completed a few murder investigations before and while they were rather simple (there's little room for error if you find every clue, at least early on) I'm hoping they're included because Ubi is toying with the idea of bringing that investigative aspect back to the assassinations themselves.

Phawx

Hey guys, don't want to do Modbot because I didn't think I owned it before I bought the bundle but it said I did when I tried to redeem it.

Slave Zero
ZB0QZ-AC8R7-6RT2E

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So far, so good. I completed a few murder investigations before and while they were rather simple (there's little room for error if you find every clue, at least early on) I'm hoping they're included because Ubi is toying with the idea of bringing that investigative aspect back to the assassinations themselves.
They don't have you sit on benches and listen to people if that what you mean. Or chase magic digital markers on time limit.

Jawmuncher

I have a Let's Play up of QP Shooting Dangerous. Game should be live tomorrow on Steam.

Quick Impressions

It's a bullet-hell shump. Based on the enemy designs and even the story, I think even the devs realize that the only thing that matters are the massive amounts of bullets.

The level I played, I fought against trains, chickens, cardboard boxes and signal lights (which have boss level health). Again, I honestly think the devs realize that you will be so focused on the sheer amount of bullets that they honestly don't give a shit what is firing at you. You're barely going to be looking at them anyway!

You control an anime girl who has a cadre of bunny heads that shoot foreign projectile of unknown origin and can be formed in one of three formations for specific attack patterns. The WHOLE of your hitbox is essentially the back of your neck, which honestly, I wish I could see at all times.

RT on the 360 controller was indicated to "slow down time" which seemed like a timed ability. Instead it merely indicated my hitbox, which is supremely useful. After I learned what it was, I essentially just held the RT button down wishing for a toggle.

It's fun and zany

Looks good to me thanks for the impressions

topyy

source

ModBot said:
Instructions for topyy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

BOID Private Beta -- MB-0548E943C7EEC3BA - Taken by crazyrabbits
BOID Private Beta #2 -- MB-28FE600ABBD4BEAA - Taken by EzioCroft

Ruruja

Thread will be posted in Gaming, we will see how it does, the STEAM | November thread will run normally with all the things you expect from a monthly thread. If Steam News catches on and works we can start to think about relaxing the rules for the Steam Montlhy thread about trading and posting Steam stats.

Hopefulyl most people will support this new thread as it is a supplement to this thread.and relies on you helping the new thread out to make sure its on-topic and relevant.

I know you like making new threads but I don't really think that's a necessary one, I think it'll die quite quickly (or one of the two will) but like you say, we'll see.

topyy

ModBot said:
Instructions for topyy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

t1cxE6r.gif
Crusader Kings 2 -- MB-4388B0BC62463C60 - Taken by Mengy

hey guys how are you i am fine

So:

1) My hard drive is so dead my computer won't boot. It's not my OS drive, even.
2) I ordered a new hard drive with January's rent but according to amazon, one-day shipping = two-day
3) My pants split open. I cannot afford to replace them because I just spent money on a hard drive and...
4) Origin re-charged me for Dragon Age: Inquisition
5) Got an email from my parents saying my 15 year-old dog is sick.

FINE?

FUCK EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING I'M SEETHING WITH INCANDESCENT RAGE

FUCK

MY ENTIRE FUCKING STEAM DRIVE IS DEAD
We love you though. Keep your head up.

Quick Impressions

It's fun and zany

nice , i will buy it tomorrow , also if i buy it i get an extra character in 100% orange juice so thats good :)

Coreda

Hopefully most people will support this new thread as it is a supplement to this thread.and relies on you helping the new thread out to make sure its on-topic and relevant.

I like it. Will links to user impressions fall under its umbrella? Such as a user posting, 'My impressions of [x] game. Overall recommended.' with a link to this thread with their full post?

They too are posts that can be easily missed amongst the rest, but I usually like to read GAF'er reviews.

fantomena

Currently downloading PES 2015 on Steam. Im not sure what to excpect. I love FIFA, but have barely touched FIFA15 and Ive never played PES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom