• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
vKALCBB.jpg

Spotted on play-asia. Really hope this happens.

I'll be purchasing this day one. I'm getting fed up with Street Fighter.

Vuze

Huh, so all my Steam settings got reset for some reason? Anyone else experienced the same? I haven't followed if there was an update today, since Steam just updates on its own so maybe that is what caused it. Unfortunate...

Tizoc

Something odd's going on here.
I transfered many of my big games to my external hdd.
I hadn't used my HDD much to play the big sized games in a few weeks.
Games in folder were FF13, Mordor and Wolf 2014.
I try to 're-install' them onto my ex. hdd and select the folder I had them in, but Steam gives me an error message-
Failed to add new steam library

Basically it forgot the folder I made in my EX HDD, and even when I try to create a new one it won't let me.

How do I fix this?

Daily Shadow of Mordor 25% off
Weekend
  • xx% off
  • xx% off

Hmmmm... seems we need to remind iosefe of his gamble:

i was thinking the daily.

weekend leaves too much room for error

You choose... poorly.

What will happen to your avatar?

Something odd's going on here.
I transfered many of my big games to my external hdd.
I hadn't used my HDD much to play the big sized games in a few weeks.
Games in folder were FF13, Mordor and Wolf 2014.
I try to 're-install' them onto my ex. hdd and select the folder I had them in, but Steam gives me an error message-
Failed to add new steam library

Basically it forgot the folder I made in my EX HDD, and even when I try to create a new one it won't let me.

How do I fix this?

I'm assuming you unplugged and replugged the ext. HDD drive in between?
In that case, you might not be able to fix it and you would redownload your stuff.

I'm guessing that when the USB drive attaches, it gets a random identifier with the operating system.
If steam is looking for a specific HW identifier that may have changed, it may no longer recognize the drive you plugged in as the same drive, even if the letter and paths remain the same.

What you could try is deleting the steam library in the steam settings (but leave it on disk) and then re-add it.
After you re-add it, tell the game to install to that same location.
I suspect that, like when I moved my PAYDAY2 install to another drive, you will have to let it do a verify of the files, but at least you won't have to wait for an entire redownload.

Interesting, rather unusual that such a 'big', new game becomes a daily deal.

Mordor? Already?

it's going to be $25 for black friday in a lot of stores, alongside evil within and wolf2014
too bad that's just for the consoles
. maybe they're trying to get some more sales before people get in on the cheap action.

BTW, mordor is fantastic and well worth your time. I actually sought out the side stuff in that game, a rarity for me when i play an open world game

Lomax

Shadow of Mordor will no doubt be 75% off by summer, WB is very aggressive with discounts.

What's the chances of Mordor going more than 25% off on Steam during Black Friday or Xmas sales? I'm hankering to play it and it's only USD 21 in my region.

Don't know that it will be more, but it certainly won't be less. I'd say you may as well wait and see unless you know you'll play it today.

Tizoc

I'm assuming you unplugged and replugged the ext. HDD drive in between?
In that case, you might not be able to fix it and you would redownload your stuff.

I'm guessing that when the USB drive attaches, it gets a random identifier with the operating system.
If steam is looking for a specific HW identifier that may have changed, it may no longer recognize the drive you plugged in as the same drive, even if the letter and paths remain the same.

What you could try is deleting the steam library in the steam settings (but leave it on disk) and then re-add it.
After you re-add it, tell the game to install to that same location.
I suspect that, like when I moved my PAYDAY2 install to another drive, you will have to let it do a verify of the files, but at least you won't have to wait for an entire redownload.

I'm trying to do that right now. Start a new download onto a folder Steam creates. Exit Steam.
Rename old folder to the one steam created.
Let it continue download, but it'll notice that original files are still there. I repeat this for all primary games and boom issue solved.
at least i hope :p

Amzin

mordor thing is full of spiders rite?

i mean it's lord of the rings

Actually, no. There's a few spiders that are part of a hunting thing (think new Tomb Raider), but aside from that mini-side-achievement-thing when I was intentionally looking, I never noticed any.

Xanathus

Since it's already 33% off at BundleStars, I guess it should be around the same during the Xmas Steam sales.

Shadow of Mordor will no doubt be 75% off by summer, WB is very aggressive with discounts.

Don't know that it will be more, but it certainly won't be less. I'd say you may as well wait and see unless you know you'll play it today.

It's still 33% off on Bundlestars

Valve canceled the weekend.
NO WEEKEND FOR US.

It's still cheaper on my regional Steam store compared to any other digital retailer. I guess I'll pick it up since I want an open world game to play and 33% off would only save me another $2. On the other hand if it actually goes down to 50% in the Xmas sale...

Guys, ebay has a special right now. You can pick up a $50 steam card from Best Buy for $40 using code CPLAY10. It says it will arrive before the autumn sale begins.

Copons

I don't even know why I'm so interested in GOG's stamps, considering I already own Witcher 2 and I doubt I'll ever give a damn about the movie. What is wrong with me? Is it related to that time I played Zynga's Chefville for 2 months straight?

Lomax

It's still cheaper on my regional Steam store compared to any other digital retailer. I guess I'll pick it up since I want an open world game to play and 33% off would only save me another $2. On the other hand if it actually goes down to 50% in the Xmas sale...

If you'll play it today and you're comfortable with the price, by all means, but it now. Everything is cheaper eventually. I would have bought it already if I felt like my system would run it well. I'd say 50% off at christmas is possible, but I think it's unlikely to be more than 33% off on steam itself.

r3n4ud

Its...a game!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (r3n4ud, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Shadow Ops: Red Mercury -- MB-6C89A35F9C7EDDF2 - Taken by crazyrabbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom