• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

What was the game called on Greenlight/early Access?
Open world sandbox exploration, combat etc. - with characters that kinda look like out of Warframe.

so what was the consensus on Evil Within now that we are nearing a month after its launch? I remember reading that it's a letdown but i'm having a tough time thinking that Mikami botched that game.

Jawmuncher

so what was the consensus on Evil Within now that we are nearing a month after its launch? I remember reading that it's a letdown but i'm having a tough time thinking that Mikami botched that game.

It's good just not great.
Depends on what you're in the mood for, since after the first 2 chapters it's a action game basically.
I would say if it hits to ball park of 30 it would be worth a grab during the sale much like wolfenstein.

My favorite game this year.

Clocked 33 hours so far, love it.

It's good just not great.
Depends on what you're in the mood for, since after the first 2 chapters it's a action game basically.
just in the mood for something that is kinda like RE4. I know that no game is ever really going to be RE4, but games close to it that are still fun are great (like Shadows of the Damned or RE5).

I guess i can wait till it's near $10, i don't foresee it being full priced for too much longer.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyone have any idea if the Ubi games that have been pulled from sale in the UK are able to be traded for / redeemed as gifts on UK accounts?

Yes, provided the gift isn't from Eastern Europe, South America or South-east Asia.

Edit: Spares:
ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Mind: Path to Thalamus -- MB-207217151719FE83 - Taken by NingenJanai
Ancients of Ooga -- MB-B9599BC0B8436261 - Taken by Benedict
Level 22: Gary's Misadventures -- MB-036942769DA82601 - Taken by r3n4ud
Depth Hunter 2: Deep Dive -- MB-43279015611E1E13 - Taken by wetflame
Gods vs Humans -- MB-7CEADFADDBD93799 - Taken by Shadownet
Haegemonia Bundle (two games) -- MB-B7EB7A870EF6C6C1 - Taken by nightstorm
Squishy the Suicidal Pig -- MB-5771ABFD94BBBB61 - Taken by Chairmanchuck

dex3108

Damn ACU is one beautiful game from artistic standpoint. Lightning is simply phenomenal and art direction is top notch. Also cut scenes are really acted and produced on the really high level. Lipsync is amazing in cutscenes too. Too bad that small draw distance, pop in and problematic FPS are breaking immersion and causing problems :(

KojiPro knows that we want dat HD collection:

If you guys want to suggest HD collections or additional releases for other Metal Gear products, its fine to do it here, but keep in mind I have read all the threads on this forum and will continue to do so, not just this one.

Give me metal gear, give me ZOE HD so that i can have a good version of ZOE1 HD since the PS3 version is underwhelming. There is a stupid amount of money to be made getting those games on Steam. ZOE would pay for itself in animu cards.

Don't stare at my avatar, but TEW is a legit excellent game. The initial bad impressions thankfully don't reflect the final game.
Gameplay feels tense and has satisfying gunplay (and some of the best sound effects for guns and overall ambient sound I've heard in years). Mostly well paced with varied locations. The gore in this game is also pretty awesome and even adds to the gameplay (when you only shoot off half of an enemie's head and the target area becomes smaller).
It plays less like the action-y RE4 but more like a survival game. Ammo can be really sparse in this game and scavenging/managing resources smartly is key.

What I absolutely love in this game is the stellar art direction

268050_2014-10-15_000akr3t.png
(Older shot still with black bars.)

Just an example but the game has incredibly stunning set pieces to offer. And the lighting system in this game is also a real looker. Every light in this game is throwing shadows, it looks mindboggingly good.

It's definitely a well polished game worthy of Mikami's name. My personal GOTY.

r3n4ud

Couple extras

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (r3n4ud, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Always Sometimes Monsters -- MB-5515409FA06F5CB5 - Taken by agniswarm
Squishy the Suicidal Pig -- MB-E65E209F833E8E44 - Taken by Deques

Dr Dogg

Why did I go look at Pillars of Eternity's site?

I've now found out there's a live stream tonight at 9pm GMT
http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

That extra copies as part of pledges come with the preorder goodies

That this book might be additional to all the masses and masses of digital goodies you could have bought (and I don't think there's a digital extra I haven't snapped up)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1616558091/

If Paradox have a retail specific Special Edition then this might be the most I've ever thrown at a game by a long , long way :(

MRORANGE does Killer is Dead count for our GotY list?

Well the rules last year were...

Sp essentially yes.

Dr Dogg

Do you het an extra copy if you preorder on Steam?

No. On Steam you can buy the Hero Edition which is the base game and two yet to be revealed preorder bonuses. Or you can buy the Champion Edition which has a lot of extra digital knick knacks and the same to be revealed preordered bonuses. Both only have one copy each. But if you were a backer or slacker backer then there were quite a few tiers which contained an extra copy or you could have added additional copies to your pledge (in fact I think you still can add them but not start a new pledge).

Ah, pre-order bonuses. I'd be kicking myself for selling my final release key if it weren't for the Champion Edition (I do love my DDEs).

I'm curious what they are as one of the icons looks like a pie and I've got all the Cooking with Tim ebooks sorted. I wondering where the digital goodies might be obtained from (Obsidian's site does say check back here when stuff is available) so I guess the best way to guarantee them on Steam (and the precision +1's) is to buy the Champion Edition there. Even though I don't think they will please don't take my beta away Obsidian :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
do you know what comes with the Champion Edition, I don't see any info.
Also is it region locked?

Click the "More" arrow in the Pre-Purchase Offer section. Also, yes (ACRTAG).

Edit: The image is smaller than I remembered it to be:
champion.jpg

Arthea

will someone be willing to sell their extra copy for cheap?
It's a steam copy isn't it?

I had to ask (><)

Click the "More" arrow in the Pre-Purchase Offer section. Also, yes (ACRTAG).

Edit: The image is smaller than I remembered it to be:
http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/291650/extras/champion.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I somehow managed not to see "read more" at all *sigh

If you open the javascript console (Ctrl + Alt + J) and try clicking on the button, do any errors show up? Feel free to PM me.

Nope.

GET http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/2032093/movie.jpg?t=1399575291 404 (Not Found) 218620:1015
Enhanced Steam v7.1 by jshackles http://www.enhancedsteam.com enhancedsteam.js:4
GET http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/2032093/movie.jpg?t=1399575291 404 (Not Found) 218620:1
GET http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/2032093/movie.jpg?t=1399575291 404 (Not Found) movie.jpg:1

blah blah blah words

I like your avatar.
Seems to be the one thing making me interested in actually *playing* VC.

Nail'd it.

That's not TEKKEN. UGH.

Don't stare at my avatar, but TEW is a legit excellent game. The initial bad impressions thankfully don't reflect the final game.
Gameplay feels tense and has satisfying gunplay (and some of the best sound effects for guns and overall ambient sound I've heard in years). Mostly well paced with varied locations. The gore in this game is also pretty awesome and even adds to the gameplay (when you only shoot off half of an enemie's head and the target area becomes smaller).
It plays less like the action-y RE4 but more like a survival game. Ammo can be really sparse in this game and scavenging/managing resources smartly is key.

What I absolutely love in this game is the stellar art direction

(Older shot still with black bars.)

Just an example but the game has incredibly stunning set pieces to offer. And the lighting system in this game is also a real looker. Every light in this game is throwing shadows, it looks mindboggingly good.

It's definitely a well polished game worthy of Mikami's name. My personal GOTY.

If someone would fix the flawless widescreen plugin so I could alter the FOV, I'd go back and try to finish it. I left off in the middle of chapter 3 and thought it was awesomely tense and stressful and a good contender for my GOTY as well.

Damn, my wife is completely addicted to farmville, it's crazy. She never touched videogames before (actually hates them and wishes I would drop them) but now... What is it about that game?

Damn, my wife is completely addicted to farmville, it's crazy. She never touched videogames before (actually hates them and wishes I would drop them) but now... What is it about that game?

It's a Skinner Box. It's designed to give rewards in a way that makes you want to seek more rewards.

Coreda

What is Nuuvem? It shows up in Enhanced Steam's price history feature and on isthereanydeal.com, but it looks like a Brazilian site.

Wondered as I was checking the Witcher 3 page, and it's the lowest price but assumed it's surely region locked.

Arthea

I sitting here and staring at my card with South Park in it, if I'll buy it, gmg immediately will have it on sale for less, no? (><)

What is Nuuvem? It shows up in Enhanced Steam's price history feature and on isthereanydeal.com, but it looks like a Brazilian site.

Wondered as I was checking the Witcher 3 page, and it's the lowest price but assumed it's surely region locked.

It's a legit store, I bought quite a few games there.
edited: I can't say if W3 is locked or not, though

Really? hm. Didn't think I was cruising...since there really isn't much (any) side stuff to do now.

I probably was just slow, I remember I stared at all locations from all sides, rotated camera and just chilled out in that gorgeous forest for no reason, also switched weather back and forth fighting enemies that I had no reason fighting at that point, but it was part of fun (><)

madjoki

afaik. GOG doesn't have region locks, and it's not really possible without DRM. (It's non-steam, if that's deal breaker)

Coreda

afaik. GOG doesn't have region locks, and it's not really possible without DRM. (It's non-steam, if that's deal breaker)

Oh so it's a GOG key reseller? Seems like a decent alternative for those wanting to purchase TW3 at a cheaper price, albeit without the Steam bells and whistles.

Copons

Oh so it's a GOG key reseller? Seems like a decent alternative for those wanting to purchase TW3 at a cheaper price, albeit without the Steam bells and whistles.

No, Nuuvem isn't limited to GOG keys, but in the particular case of Witcher 3 it sells a GOG key.
The Witcher 3 requer ativação, download e instalação pelo GOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom