• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't paid more than $5 for a Ubi game since...assbro? and the latest game i have from ubi is Valiant Hearts, which i received as a gift from when there was a major price glitch at launch. Oh, and i got ACIV free with my 770. So if anything, they might actually be taking a loss on me hah.

keeping the fight alive

boycotting a video game company is a pretty silly thing to do. or anything else related to entertainment really.

it's not like they are forcing you to play these crappy games.

If you don't like them don't buy them but don't be all grandiose about it because these games will still continue to be made just as michael bay is somehow still allowed to make movies.

Yeah I guess it is silly to call for a boycott but I mean it is bad consumer-wise. They could put out assassin creed branded shit and it'll still do alright

Hugstable

Banned
I haven't paid more than $5 for a Ubi game since...assbro? and the latest game i have from ubi is Valiant Hearts, which i received as a gift from when there was a major price glitch at launch. Oh, and i got ACIV free with my 770. So if anything, they might actually be taking a loss on me hah.

no one is being forced to get these games at launch, and all of these recent issues only serve to further prove that buying most games on day one is just asking to overpay for a broken piece of software.

Yeah Valiants Hearts was definitely worth the price glitch, not a very long game, but it was great in what it tried to do I think.

Omega

Banned
The Uncharted series is one of the most overrated franchises in gaming. Incredibly easy climbing, really linear progression, bullet-sponges for enemies, and mediocre shooting mechanics that pop up all the time. You end up killing hundreds of nameless thugs in each of the games, which doesn't jive with the story or character. The voice-work, story and visual presentation are all top notch but the actual gameplay itself is not great.

/rant

glad to see someone gets it. don't let sonygaf fool you people

Also fuck 3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sypzjBoUzPk

Child of Light was better than Valiant Hearts.

no way, no how. I actually felt a bit melancholic at the end of VH, and it was such an enjoyable experience when paired with the WWI podcasts that hardcore history was/is putting out.

Child of Light is just an ok JRPGlike with some silly metered speech that's just a bit too much.

Uncharted is garbage

alright, i see what's going on. People are just being silly.

Dr Dogg

I never quite got the AC, Mordor comparisons bar a few similar or shared mechanics, they both have different hooks for me. Though if AC had a Nemesis like system...

zkylon

zkylewd
i wouldn't say uncharted is garbage, but it's certainly not a game to be lauded for its mechanics

but like it's a fairly enjoyable game for the "pretty locations" and fun characters

also you get to kill argie pirates in the first one

argie pirates!

I feel it. I might just skip out because FUCK UBISOFT and their shenanigans. (except Stick of Truth, that was great)

Im just bringing this up here because I wouldnt know where to articulate this but why dont we all just boycott ubisoft? We all claim to hate them, and for good reason due to their bullshit, but these games still sell right? I did see that thread title that they lost stock points because of Unity but people still seem to put up for their extremely average AAA IPs (once again, except Stick of Truth). I feel like EA has largely faltered because of their actions so is it only a matter of time ubi follows suit?

Because they sometimes make very good games, like Far Cry 3, Splinter Cell Blacklist, etc... They also still take some risks with great and fresh games like Rayman Origins/Legends or Valiant Heart for example.

But for sure, they are masters of bullshit, especially when it comes to these really big AAA games.

Grief.exe

infograph_controller_steam_mgsvgz.jpg
Something Konami just posted as an announcement.

Fantastic!

Parsnip

Just watched a little bit of AC Rogue quicklook. I'm not sure I'm super interested in it though, seems like a bit too much AssFlags to me. Maybe I'll grab it from a sale or something.

I hadn't followed the trailers and such so I had no idea when it was taking place, but seeing
Achilles in his prime
makes it pretty clear.

ah thats what the patch was?

Among some other things, but that's what was keeping me from buying it.

L.O.R.D

Shadownet
can you tell me you the heck you want 7 copies of the Walking Dead Survival Instinct + DLC ?
i mean , you want to sell it ?

AHA-Lambda

I love the Uncharted series on the whole and don't mind 3 that much but 1 is just plain dull and average all around; yet 3 is the one that gets all the hate :/

inm8num2

Searched and didn't see anything posted, but after updating to Enhanced Steam 7.1 (Firefox) none of the ES features for the badges page seem to be working (the page appears though ES is not installed or disabled). I do have the green status bar under my user name when I load the badges page, and all the other features around the Store seem okay.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Searched and didn't see anything posted, but after updating to Enhanced Steam 7.1 (Firefox) none of the ES features for the badges page seem to be working (the page appears though ES is not installed or disabled). I do have the green status bar under my user name when I load the badges page, and all the other features around the Store seem okay.

There were a few changes I had to make to get these features working with the pagination sections.

1) If you have multiple badge pages, you'll need to be on the first page to see the changes
2) If you have multiple badge pages, you should see a "Click here to calculate drops remaining" which will then search all of your pages for this information.
3) If you have multiple badge pages, you won't see the additional sorting options (sort by drops remaining / sort by completion cost). This may be coming back in a future update.
4) If you don't have multiple badge pages, it should work as it always has.

Momentary

Banned
all of it

it still looks good though...

I never said it didn't

The trailer made it look as much of a MMO as Diablo 3 is a MMO though.

These games normally have you meet up in huge city hubs to go accomplish instanced missions that cannot be completed without a full party. I'm not saying that's bad, but I'd rather complete a game like this solo. I have an addictive personality when it comes to MMOs and I want nothing to do with them.

Coreda

Can confirm this on Firefox. Only have the single badge page, yet none of the ES filters display.

MUnited83

For you.
Shadownet
can you tell me you the heck you want 7 copies of the Walking Dead Survival Instinct + DLC ?
i mean , you want to sell it ?
Its a licensed game from activision. Its guaranteed to get removed from steam eventually and when it does it will rise in price.

inm8num2

There were a few changes I had to make to get these features working with the pagination sections.

1) If you have multiple badge pages, you'll need to be on the first page to see the changes
2) If you have multiple badge pages, you should see a "Click here to calculate drops remaining" which will then search all of your pages for this information.
3) If you have multiple badge pages, you won't see the additional sorting options (sort by drops remaining / sort by completion cost). This may be coming back in a future update.
4) If you don't have multiple badge pages, it should work as it always has.

Thanks for the fast reply!

Interestingly, when I disable ES all the badges (completed or not) load under one page - I don't see any indication of multiple pages being present. I suppose #3 applies to me, though - I've got some badges ready to craft and various others partially completed.

Or perhaps I misunderstood you above. Anyway, it's not a huge deal and really appreciate your work as always. :)

Can confirm this on Firefox. Only have the single badge page, yet none of the ES filters display.

Do you have multiple pages available when you disable ES and refresh your badges page, or is it all still displayed in a single page?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Thanks for the fast reply!

Interestingly, when I disable ES all the badges (completed or not) load under one page - I don't see any indication of multiple pages being present. I suppose #3 applies to me, though - I've got some badges ready to craft and various others partially completed.

Or perhaps I misunderstood you above. Anyway, it's not a huge deal and really appreciate your work as always. :)

Thanks for the confirmations - I'll do some more testing and try to see what's happening here.

Unity is pretty gorgeous, getting a relatively stable 30-45 FPS @1440P which I'm happy with given I'm using gsync. Looking forward to returning to it(after I finish it) in a few years when computer hardware is more beefy.

I just can't believe how good games look these days and don't understand how you can't play this and be impressed. My first game was Super Mario Land on the gameboy!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Unity is pretty gorgeous, getting a relatively stable 30-45 FPS @1440P which I'm happy with given I'm using gsync. Looking forward to returning to it(after I finish it) in a few years when computer hardware is more beefy.

I just can't believe how good games look these days and don't understand how you can't play this and be impressed. My first game was Super Mario Land on the gameboy!
Most people actually playing the game seem to be impressed with the visuals. It's a massive improvement over AC4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom