• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
what a joke :D

Information!

You're in the queue!

Your approximate wait time is less than 60 minutes. You will be notified via email if you have been assigned a code. If you have any questions, please check out our FAQ's Key Giveaways section. In the meantime, check out our other giveaways while you wait.

Warning: Refreshing your browser or continuously pressing F5 may negatively affect your ability to be assigned a key.

Humble gift links

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HeebieJeebies, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Alien Breed Complete Pack -- MB-5F29378085390391 - Taken by nightstorm. 10 entrants total.
Superfrog HD -- MB-823D0C457707CC70 - Taken by ScreamingTrees. 1 entrants total.

t1415918007z1.png

Zeth

Aha! Found it. Knew there was no way th thread slipped off the first 5 pages.

That feeling when you sell and couple Dota hats to fund the rest of your year's purchases
happytears.gif

Shadownet

Banned
If someone have 2 TF2 keys I can buy from them right now. Let me know. I need to buy something before it run out. I'll paypal you.

Your Waifu is Hisa from Saki right Chariot?

Maniac

Banned
yea but if the little is an unskippable spider cave section then i gotta dig deeper
... Uh, yeah, the other guy-person didn't really clarify properly: The only spiders in the game are ones the size of a foot or something. No big nasty spiders, no combat encounters with spiders, no mandatory spiderness, simply teeny tiny spiders that can't attack but that you can shoot with a bow for lulz and a single challenge-thing. :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lost Ark looks awesome then you remember that its probable A) a f2p joint and B) not coming out outside of korea

Oh, LotF got its chromatic patch.
Time to put it back on my radar.

ah thats what the patch was?

zkylon

zkylewd
... Uh, yeah, the other guy-person didn't really clarify properly: The only spiders in the game are ones the size of a foot or something. No big nasty spiders, no combat encounters with spiders, no mandatory spiderness, simply teeny tiny spiders that can't attack but that you can shoot with a bow for lulz and a single challenge-thing. :p
alrite

i still don't like those, they're kind of realistic and i fear having the camera too close to the ground for whatever reason might give me a scare at one point

hmmm

i wish new games were as moddable as old ones -_-

Ok guys, I made a Waifu thread once.
no need to remind people of those dark days

What's Light, anyway?
it's a top down stealth game with some crowd mechanics like hitman afaik

Chariot

JaseC? EDIT: Of course I'm kidding :p
I would've accepted TUSR, Sabre and Vylash.

Hisa from Saki.

But give the game to Turfster please. He wrote being interested in it.
Alrighty, nice of you.

Hisa from Saki

edit: Dat 60 seconds wait time.
*pat pat*
Maybe next time

no need to remind people of those dark days
Those were the days SteamGAF was still in Gaming.

I've heard good things about Blood Dragon?

oh, are you talking about the franchise pack? because the deluxe edition just includes this:

Get even more insanity by upgrading your game to the Deluxe Edition with the Far Cry® 3 Deluxe Bundle. Includes six single-player missions, four rare animals to hunt, a bow and flare gun for multiplayer, and all other previously released retail bonuses in The Monkey Business Pack, The Lost Expeditions, The Warrior Pack, and The Predator Pack. Also included in this bundle: the game’s soundtrack and the Survival Guide art book (both delivered in digital format).

as for whether you should own the franchise pack: YES. Far Cry 2 is considered a flawed classic and isn't filled with the typical asscreed open world checklist nonsense that is in FC3. It's worth it to have all of them at that price, though.

oh, are you talking about the franchise pack? because the deluxe edition just includes this:

as for whether you should own the franchise pack: YES. Far Cry 2 is considered a flawed classic and isn't filled with the typical asscreed open world checklist nonsense that is in FC3. It's worth it to have all of them at that price, though.

I just brought it up for the sake of conversation. It looks tempting at four dollars. The last Far Cry I played was the original. Boy was that game beautiful

I just brought it up for the sake of conversation. It looks tempting at four dollars. The last Far Cry I played was the original. Boy was that game beautiful

can't say if it's worth it but it's $3 and it's about 5 hours long going by HLTB. I'm looking forward to trying it out for the first time myself as a means of reducing the urge to pick up FC4 hehe

Mordor is not a good "AC" game.

it's a good open world action adventure game that shares a lot of similarities with the AC series, including stealth, tailing, transversal, and that dumb get-to-the-top-of-the-tower-and-open-up-the-map mechanics. If it's not closely related to AC, im not sure what is.

Shadownet

Banned
tbh my avatar was meant to be less cute than the old one but ehhh
Then you're failing spectacularly.

Woot, selling my Nvidia UPlay code paid for Shadow of Mordor. I traded a bad AC game for a good one xD
I honestly cannot disagree with this statement.

because outside of 2 they suck.

well 1 wasn't that bad, it was a decent first entry. 3 was horrible
The cool thing about the Uncharted series is that even the weakest game is till better than 80% of the games out there. Naughty God.

Plus it seem like everyone have their own opinion which game is the best. Personally I like 2>3>1. But I've seen different orders before.

When's Black friday (or cyber monday) guys and gals? I don't want to binge purchase now in hopes of a slighty cheaper price later.

While I want to buy that new COD, I don't think my computer can run it. Same with Mordor (currently around 20$ here).

chronomac

Umh, no.
Uncharted 1 was pretty good and something new, very Indie-ish.
Uncharted 2 was probably the milestone of the series.
Uncharted 3 has some nice visuals, but the plot is terrible and full of holes. Still, is a good game.

The Uncharted series is one of the most overrated franchises in gaming. Incredibly easy climbing, really linear progression, bullet-sponges for enemies, and mediocre shooting mechanics that pop up all the time. You end up killing hundreds of nameless thugs in each of the games, which doesn't jive with the story or character. The voice-work, story and visual presentation are all top notch but the actual gameplay itself is not great.

/rant

can't say if it's worth it but it's $3 and it's about 5 hours long going by HLTB. I'm looking forward to trying it out for the first time myself as a means of reducing the urge to pick up FC4 hehe

I feel it. I might just skip out because FUCK UBISOFT and their shenanigans. (except Stick of Truth, that was great)

Im just bringing this up here because I wouldnt know where to articulate this but why dont we all just boycott ubisoft? We all claim to hate them, and for good reason due to their bullshit, but these games still sell right? I did see that thread title that they lost stock points because of Unity but people still seem to put up for their extremely average AAA IPs (once again, except Stick of Truth). I feel like EA has largely faltered because of their actions so is it only a matter of time ubi follows suit?

I feel it. I might just skip out because FUCK UBISOFT and their shenanigans. (except Stick of Truth, that was great)

Im just bringing this up here because I wouldnt know where to articulate this but why dont we all just boycott ubisoft? We all claim to hate them, and for good reason due to their bullshit, but these games still sell right? I did see that thread title that they lost stock points because of Unity but people still seem to put up for their extremely average AAA IPs (once again, except Stick of Truth). I feel like EA has largely faltered because of their actions so is it only a matter of time ubi follows suit?

Well, I never buy Ubi games at launch, and the only real ones I'm interested in are older games like FC1/2, Might and Magic, etc.

FloatOn

boycotting a video game company is a pretty silly thing to do. or anything else related to entertainment really.

it's not like they are forcing you to play these crappy games.

If you don't like them don't buy them but don't be all grandiose about it because these games will still continue to be made just as michael bay is somehow still allowed to make movies.

I haven't paid more than $5 for a Ubi game since...assbro? and the latest game i have from ubi is Valiant Hearts, which i received as a gift from when there was a major price glitch at launch. Oh, and i got ACIV free with my 770. So if anything, they might actually be taking a loss on me hah.

no one is being forced to get these games at launch, and all of these recent issues only serve to further prove that buying most games on day one is just asking to overpay for a broken piece of software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom