• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Single page in both cases.

Thanks for the heads up - found the bug. It's working fine in Chrome, but something went wrong with the Firefox code. I'll see if I can get this patched up.

MINIMUM:
Processor: Corei5 SandyBridge 4Core(4Thread) 2.7GHz or above
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 650 or above
DirectX: Version 11

Shit. MINIMUM requirement for Ground Zeroes. I mean, REALLY?

Windows Vita? Didn't know MS will buy another burning platform.

I think I'll just buy a ps4. Knowing my computer, it will run this at 1024x768 or 720p.

MINIMUM:

Shit. MINIMUM requirement for Ground Zeroes. I mean, REALLY? A 650 for GZ? It's even worst then a 680 for Unity, at least that is an open world game, not a...map

EDIT: Lol, windows VITA :D

A 650 isn't such a big deal, they aren't asking for a 650ti.

Tecl0n

MINIMUM:

Shit. MINIMUM requirement for Ground Zeroes. I mean, REALLY? A 650 for GZ? It's even worst then a 680 for Unity, at least that is an open world game, not a...map

croos gen/10.

Momentary

Banned
I know it's because I'm in the military, but the explanations they give for some of the crap they do VC is cringe worthy. "I took a class given by the military" to put a freakin' engine in a tank. So far everything is VERY juvenile with the delivery in dialogue. I know it's fiction, but I can only take so much. Maybe I have read too many well written fictional novels. I guess I've been out of the JRPG scene for too long to understand that's just the way stories are in this genre. Hopefully the gameplay can bring things home for me, but so far the dialogue and believability of character's abilities is just atrocious.

MINIMUM:

I don't think that's too unreasonable, I'm more curious as to what the recommended specs are.

zkylon

zkylewd
there's a project eternity livestream on right now: http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

i think ppl might be interested, it has josh sawyer in it <3

list of AAA franchises I can't seem to care about with realityexists time:

assassins creed
metal gear solid
god of war
uncharted
splinter cell
call of duty
battlefield
devil may cry
gears of war
i feel sad for you

I wouldn't look at JaseC's inventory if I were you then..

you disgusting capitalists >:I

list of AAA franchises I can't seem to care about with realityexists time:

assassins creed
metal gear solid
god of war
uncharted
splinter cell
call of duty
battlefield
devil may cry
gears of war

I played the first Splinter Cell on the original Xbox. I don't think I even finished it. Haven't played a single game from any of the other franchises. I guess I'm something of a gaming anomaly.

Turfster

So, yeah... Light.
Time to completion: 46 minutes, with some retrying.
Getting 100% achievements: Easy-ish

It's a great concept, but the execution is sorely lacking, and there's only 12 maps, most of which take about a minute once you've got the guard routes and camera timings down.
There's some replayability, where you can try to increase your score by not being seen/not killing any guards/etc, but frankly, it's not engaging enough to spend the time rerunning the short and not very original storyline over and over again.

The most annoying part of the game is that you can't go through the civilians or push them aside. No, they've made it so that civilians can pretty much keep you locked in place if you don't move away quickly enough, which can really fuck up your timings.

It has cards, but I've had 1/3 drops in the time it took me to complete my first run through the game, so...

Maniac

Banned
60 FPS cap and 120 htz confirmed on steam community hub.

Snake, are you high on your NanoCigar again? What game we talkin'? And if you mean 120 hz AND a 60 fps cap, then... You really must be high. :p
Zkylon keep finding cute avatars. My heart is melting.
Yup... I mean, even mean
vampire
zky was damned cute
and evil & mean

edit to fix bad writeringness, and also Snake; Now I geddit.

Shadownet

Banned

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Tales from the Borderlands preorder: http://store.steampowered.com/app/330830/

I'm also undecided on this one - I love the Telltale games but couldn't stand BL2 or BL:TPS. I'll wait to see how this one plays out.

I'm undecided, too.

Most of TellTale's output is pretty bland, so that offends my sensibilities. But on the other hand I often lock myself in the bathroom and pleasure myself to the fantasy of a world without Borderlands.

chronomac

The original Assassin's Creed was released 7 years ago today (at least on 360 and PS3).

I started playing it a couple weeks ago and, after some .ini editing, I don't think it looks too bad for a 7 year old game.

I played GZ, I wasn't impressed. It look amazing but that was about it. I'm just going to wait for Phantom Pain, I'll rebuy GZ when it's $5.

Pretty much this. It's worth $5 dollars if you've played it already, and probably around $10 if you haven't.

It's much too short to justify anything more than that, unless you're some kind of uber-fan that hasn't played it yet for some reason.

That's okay. At least it's not a 30 fps lock. Just don't do something inept and port the PS3 version or other crap.

Not sure, I think Castlevania LOS 2 was an AMD Gaming Evolved joint which is from Konami, but then again I think I remember MGR Revengeance having a Nvidia splash screen.

It wasn't. LoS2 didn't have a splash screen from either Nvidia or AMD.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hmmm this Game of Thrones rpg (the Cyanide one) is actually kinda legit, just finished chapter 1 (of 13 I think) and its pretty well made, well, with the usual jank and weird ass bulky models that cyanide uses, but still, good stuff

too much dialogue and voice acting (like dude, you dont need a 6 line conversation back and forth to say goodbye), but then again, it Is a GoT game :p

I might actually buy telltale games if they stopped with the (imo) incredibly stupid episodic release of their games.

You can wait for all the episodes to release, but that is like telltale is waiting for my interest to wane.

I was looking on the AMD Gaming Evolved section of AMD's website, it's one of their featured/partnered games.

Looks like I'm wrong. Had no idea. AMD Gaming Evolved games usually run pretty bad on my Nvidia cards (Deus Ex:HR and Tomb Raider) but that wasn't the case with Lords of Shadow 2, so I assumed it wasn't partnered with anything. Ran wonderfully without any technical issues.

dex3108

Unity has many problems but art direction for sure isn't one of them

15597002439_2c231f2ee2_o.png

15598021800_d51676b51e_o.png

15597996900_5d5e13c577_o.png

15162842144_58ec264db7_o.png

15163379353_d6777d031c_o.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
potatoman and ocean city racing have store pages now, both have been in bundles (potatoman in many bundles)

Looks like I'm wrong. Had no idea. AMD Gaming Evolved games usually run pretty bad on my Nvidia cards (Deus Ex:HR and Tomb Raider) but that wasn't the case with Lords of Shadow 2, so I assumed it wasn't partnered with anything. Ran wonderfully without any technical issues.

I don't think it had any AMD tech in it, just one of those AMD optimized games with a marketing partnership. Usually the AMD Gaming Evolved games are mostly fluff and don't really have much extra to them.

Maniac

Banned
that sentence doesn't even make sense if you keep the spoiler tags on -__-
Oops, was only supposed to have one word in the first spoiler tag... Game is hard -_-'
I don't think it had any AMD tech in it, just one of those AMD optimized games with a marketing partnership. Usually the AMD Gaming Evolved games are mostly fluff and don't really have much extra to them.
To be fair, they don't have a lot of tech. They have mantle and... Uh... What else?

faux-edit; Don't they have some sort of really good surround-sound tech, or am I thinking of someone else?

Dr Dogg

The original Assassin's Creed was released 7 years ago today (at least on 360 and PS3).

I started playing it a couple weeks ago and, after some .ini editing, I don't think it looks too bad for a 7 year old game.

Apart from some bum textures here and there as well as short shadowmap scaling I think it still looks very good on an aesthetic level. Art design is very consistant and each city has uniquie landmarks and visual styles not just for the cities but each quater or district.

Personally I'd use the DX9 renderer and then go to work on the resolution with GeDoSaTo. I can easily get 3840x2160 at 60fps on 1 780 without much of a sweat apart from any post effect heavy scenes.

chronomac

Personally I'd use the DX9 renderer amd then go to work on the resolution with GeDoSaTo. I can easily get 3840x2160 at 60fps on 1 780 without much of a sweat apart from any post effect heavy scenes.

I might try that, actually. I haven't tried using GeDoSaTo yet, but this is as good of a time as any. I have an HD 7950. You think that'll work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom