• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
so Tales from Borderlands looks fun like the rest of TT games but after how long Wolf Among Us took for the episodes to release ill probably wait for all the episodes this time around

Jawmuncher

I'm all for Tales from Borderlands.
I like the world and humor of BL even if I don't like the games, so TfB is a perfect fit

so Tales from Borderlands looks fun like the rest of TT games but after how long Wolf Among Us took for the episodes to release ill probably wait for all the episodes this time around

Yep that's my rule for TT games. I like to play them all at once.
Plus by the time they are all out you get a discount anyway.
Really no reason to get it day 1 unless you absolutely need to experience the story as it develops.

ViviOggi

vKALCBB.jpg

Spotted on play-asia. Really hope this happens.

No way this happens, Tecmo is too afraid of nude patches.

Dr Dogg

I might try that, actually. I haven't tried using GeDoSaTo yet, but this is as good of a time as any. I have an HD 7950. You think that'll work?

I don't think you'll keep a decent frame rate at the resolutioon I posted but you should certainly be able to get higher than 1920x1080. Only way initally to get decent AA on AC without using injectors was to disable the Post Processing effects but they add to the visuals quite a lot. Downsampling takes care of that and leaves everything as you'd expect. I haven't had a look at in a while but a few folks in the GeDoSaTo thread here have been playing around with adding AO to Assassin's Creed to add some decent quality shadowing to it. I know HBAO+ can be forced through Nvidia Inspector but seeing as you're on an AMD card that's a bit out of the question. Worth a look, even if just to run at your native res and use the AA and other post effects GeDoSaTo can bring.

Sadly it's not going to look as good as Unity, on a technical level or visual, but can be scrubbed up really well with the just the right amount of TLC.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
would be all over a dead or alive game on steam, those games are dumb fun

What is the one game that was so riddled with bugs and glitches that turned into something amazing after several patches?

every game that came out this year?

Khronico

Hmmph. I can't decide if I want to play FFXIII now or wait till the december patch in the hopes that it will fix the framerate issues. It's not TOO bad but it IS extremely unstable, which is really jarring and distracting...

Jawmuncher

Hmmph. I can't decide if I want to play FFXIII now or wait till the december patch in the hopes that it will fix the framerate issues. It's not TOO bad but it IS extremely unstable, which is really jarring and distracting...

Wait December is a empty month for games anyway.

I was half-joking but you're right, the complaints came from him.

At this point they probably figure that alone will help their sales.

Oops, was only supposed to have one word in the first spoiler tag... Game is hard -_-'
To be fair, they don't have a lot of tech. They have mantle and... Uh... What else?

faux-edit; Don't they have some sort of really good surround-sound tech, or am I thinking of someone else?

They got Mantle, TressFX, TrueAudio and Eyefinity, but I don't think any of that is proprietary stuff, could be wrong though.

Shadownet

Banned
As did alien isolation among many other games. I think the worst was/is the evil within though.

Personally there wasn't any frame rate issue on PC for The Evil Within. I think the biggest issues was the FOV, the black bars and not being able to run at 60fps.

My pick would be Watch Dogs for this year anyway.

Speaking of The Evil Within, still no FOV fix after the update, right?

Not an official one but there is one developed by the community. Here.

Levyne

Banned
I'm glad that Metal Gear Rising and Banner Saga were (barely) this year because even with those games, I'm having a hard time thinking of a top ten for the 2014 goty thread.

Personally there wasn't any frame rate issue on PC for The Evil Within. I think the biggest issues was the FOV, the black bars and not being able to run at 60fps.

My pick would be Watch Dogs for this year anyway.

Not an official one but there is one developed by the community. Here.

I tried this fix and the Flawless Widescreen fix that came out after, but does the cheat engine fix work with the newest version of TEW? Flawless Widescreen doesn't work anymore.

Kiru

Yay I got my Grass Simulator key before the thread got locked by Valve. Who would have thought a thread with a possible 8000 emails was a bad idea? :D

Jawmuncher

Yep, Ubisoft is 2 out 2 for shitty AAA games in 2014. I wonder if Far Cry 4 will make it 3 out of 3. I hope not.

Well we already know it uses the base of FC3 quite heavily.
But at the same time that might not be an issue.
Thing it's going to fall into the court of "More of the Same" but if you liked 3 you'll love this.

Obviously glitches, bugs, FPS, and the like who the hell knows.

Vazduh

What is the one game that was so riddled with bugs and glitches that turned into something amazing after several patches?

STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl. Runs much better with latest updates & doesn't crash that often.
Also, every ARMA title. Unplayable when released, 10 updates later & voila.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Santerestil, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Metro 2033 -- MB-B186C4B017C58405 - Taken by Mengy. 1 entrants total.

t1416003928z1.png

because outside of 2 they suck.

well 1 wasn't that bad, it was a decent first entry. 3 was horrible

Wrong.
The first was the best. Followed by the third. Followed by the Vita entry.
Uncharted 2 is one of the most overhyped pieces of flaming garbage ever released.

all things considered, ahri has that affect on people

Where did your new avatar go, chief?

Umh, no.
Uncharted 1 was pretty good and something new, very Indie-ish.
Uncharted 2 was probably the milestone of the series.
Uncharted 3 has some nice visuals, but the plot is terrible and full of holes. Still, is a good game.

Wrong again.
Uncharted never felt indie-ish.
Again, Uncharted 2 is the worst of the series.
Uncharted 3 brings it back in and takes what good ideas may have been present but poorly executed in Uncharted 2 and does a much better job with them bringing the overall package closer to Uncharted and restoring the franchise's pedigree.

And plot holes?
Plot holes in 3?
And yet you praise 2 as a milestone?
BLUE FUCKING SMURFS ON STEROIDS FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION.

I love the Uncharted series on the whole and don't mind 3 that much but 1 is just plain dull and average all around; yet 3 is the one that gets all the hate :/

Two is the one people have some sort of stockholm syndrome for...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh shit Valkyria has dual audio? first FF13 now valk

I assume "refresh rate" on the FPS limit means 60fps if its 1080p 60hz?

Jawmuncher

Wrong.
The first was the best. Followed by the third. Followed by the Vita entry.
Uncharted 2 is one of the most overhyped pieces of flaming garbage ever released.

Where did your new avatar go, chief?

Wrong again.
Uncharted never felt indie-ish.
Again, Uncharted 2 is the worst of the series.
Uncharted 3 brings it back in and takes what good ideas may have been present but poorly executed in Uncharted 2 and does a much better job with them bringing the overall package closer to Uncharted and restoring the franchise's pedigree.

And plot holes?
Plot holes in 3?
And yet you praise 2 as a milestone?
BLUE FUCKING SMURFS ON STEROIDS FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION.

Two is the one people have some sort of stockholm syndrome for...

At the absolute end of the day you still have to factor that considering people bring up these comments about UC3, it indeed means it has it's problems. Doesn't take away from you liking the game though. Hell I love RE6 but a lot of the flaws that people hate it for there are indeed there. Jack Shit I can do about it but enjoy what I like.

Shadownet

Banned
We should all preorder and find out.
I already beat you to it.
No.

I tried this fix and the Flawless Widescreen fix that came out after, but does the cheat engine fix work with the newest version of TEW? Flawless Widescreen doesn't work anymore.
Unfortunately I can't tell you, I played it the first week it came out. Beat it 100% and never look back. I think there is a thread on GAF for that though.

Well we already know it uses the base of FC3 quite heavily.
But at the same time that might not be an issue.
Thing it's going to fall into the court of "More of the Same" but if you liked 3 you'll love this.

Obviously glitches, bugs, FPS, and the like who the hell knows.
Wouldn't it be incredibly stupid of Ubisoft if it turn out that Far Cry 4 is actually really good and that they should have release that first, get some good karma and then release the mess that is Unity later?

They would have gotten more money.

Jawmuncher

I
Wouldn't it be incredibly stupid of Ubisoft if it turn out that Far Cry 4 is actually really good and that they should have release that first, get some good karma and then release the mess that is Unity later?

They would have gotten more money.

Honestly think it might work out for them if this one doesn't have a lot of dumb shit going on with it. "Look guys were not out of touch see FC4 is good!" plus I don't think the FC and AC cross into each other or affect either's sale even with the week gap between them.

However I will say the popularity of both franchises is absolutely crazy to me.
Since neither seem like the sort that would be at the numbers they are now.

Shadownet

Banned
So apparently Hasbro and Dreamworks Animation might merge together. Could we be looking at a Transformers animated film?
directed by Michael Bay. BOOM! MORE EXPLOSIONS!

Or Bronies the Movie

Grief.exe

Just got 20% off a $50 gift card at Best Buy, use code CPLAY10 at checkout.

Significantly better deal than the Target B1G1 25% off sale. I would have bought two, but the code is one time use, tied to your Paypal account.

oh shit Valkyria has dual audio? first FF13 now valk

I assume "refresh rate" on the FPS limit means 60fps if its 1080p 60hz?

Make sure you are downsampling with Gedosato.

Refresh rate will be your monitor's refresh rate, in this case 60. Valk goes up to 120 Hz, but currently that may cause some issues with Tank driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom