• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

iosefe

Edit: Well there it is. jeffgoldblum.gif

qMEwlJK.gif

There actually is a stock that does that.

in-game? to make it look like the rifle?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Surprised by how much I'm enjoying Saints Row IV. I never could get into the previous three, but this one really works for me. Unlike the other games, I think it's very well-written and toes the line effectively between clever, relatively subtle humor and a broader, more over-the-top style, and the science fiction setting gives it a lot of ripe material to poke fun at.

The mobility powers in the vein of Hulk: UD and Prototype are also a treat, though they're odd in that they make using land vehicles (which there's full customization for) largely superfluous. Would have liked to see them go a bit crazier in vehicle designs, and the setting would have allowed it.

the car customization is actually quite limited compared to 3, which good reason of course

there was another Lords patch btw, if you still havent gotten back to it

Surprised by how much I'm enjoying Saints Row IV. I never could get into the previous three, but this one really works for me. Unlike the other games, I think it's very well-written and toes the line effectively between clever, relatively subtle humor and a broader, more over-the-top style, and the science fiction setting gives it a lot of ripe material to poke fun at.

The mobility powers in the vein of Hulk: UD and Prototype are also a treat, though they're odd in that they make using land vehicles (which there's full customization for) largely superfluous. Would have liked to see them go a bit crazier in vehicle designs, and the setting would have allowed it.

Well... it started as an expansion pack for Saint's Row the Third. Presumably some of the more unusual elements included in the game (primarily vehicles) reflect that.

The most impressive aspect of SR4, to me, was how much of a love letter SR4 is to fans of the series, with references and callbacks to previous games throughout the campaign. It helped that the game itself was really fun to play; case in point: Volition finally perfected the Insurance Fraud minigame.

The most impressive aspect of SR4, to me, was how much of a love letter SR4 is to fans of the series, with references and callbacks to previous games throughout the campaign. It helped that the game itself was really fun to play; case in point: Volition finally perfected the Insurance Fraud minigame.

Yeah, agreed. I think they were in a place where they believed there might not be another Saints Row game so they might as well make it a big thank you and fond goodbye. Some characters were notable in their absence and could only be mentioned by name: I guess they couldn't afford the voice actor for Angel, but for some reason they got his long-time nemesis. But overall, lots of good callbacks.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So Bayo2, SO, and Alien didn't chart? lol That is crazy.

Bayonetta 2 not charting isn't surprising at all after it floundered in Japan. "Hindsight is 20/20" and all, but still, talk about betting on the wrong horse.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Loaded up my old AssCreed 1 save and I keep getting pushed into the water by drunks. Do I really want to finish this?

Here's what awaits you:

"Can you help me, sir, please!? I'm poor and sick and hungry!"

Zeliard

the car customization is actually quite limited compared to 3, which good reason of course

there was another Lords patch btw, if you still havent gotten back to it

Taking a break from Lords of the Fallen for now. Right up to the end anyway, after which I'm not sure I'll play it again.

Turfster

*curls up into a ball and gibbers*

Valkyria Chronicles is... not like other strategy games.
I find myself having to basically ignore people and do fuck all for turns until I can suddenly pull something amazing together =p

yuraya

Bayonetta 2 not charting isn't surprising at all after it floundered in Japan. "Hindsight is 20/20" and all, but still, talk about betting on the wrong horse.

Bayo 3 will probably never happen.

Pretty sure Alien had a lot of digital sales. The same can't be said for Bayo, though.

Ah yea I forget they don't count digital sales. Still tho I'm surprised those games didn't chart. Especially SO since I saw so many of the commercials on tv.

Here's what awaits you:

I forgot about that. Also endearing is I'm walking around with a giant knife strapped to my back and they have the gall to accuse a priest of being an assassin. I'll just speed through someone's playthrough on Youtube and start the second game, I hear it's much better.

zkylon

zkylewd
Loaded up my old AssCreed 1 save and I keep getting pushed into the water by drunks. Do I really want to finish this?

prolly not

if i may suggest something is to skip side quests as much as possible

do the bare minimum and move on

if you just do critical path in ass 1 it's a pretty ok game

Zafir

prolly not

Yeah, if you do everything it quickly becomes too repetitive. That was my mistake. I did still finish it, but it wasn't until just before the second one came out. I pushed my self to finish just to see the story.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait people thought bayo2 would make the npd? what fantasy world do they live in

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, if you do everything it quickly becomes too repetitive. That was my mistake. I did still finish it, but it wasn't until just before the second one came out. I pushed my self to finish just to see the story.

i also find it's more interesting when you don't have all the information

granted, nothing you do in the side quests actually matters but i tried reading like the maps you get and planning assassinations around the hints and patrol routes and all that and it was a bit more fun

it's still pretty a pretty underwhelming game tho

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
prolly not

The only true way to finish asscreed 1 is to collect all of the flags and kill all of the Templars. And then get your reward of fucking nothing, not even achievements on the PC version.

Momentary

Banned
I'm enjoying the gameplay of VC. The story is all right. Things have definitely improved since the first few chapters.

This game is a prime example as to why pre-recorded cutscenes need to disappear. It' so jarring to go from clean graphics to straight up sand on the monitor.

Yeah same, I hope they don't mess with the client's look too much, I don't want that dumb red dude logo on my desktop.

Is it just me or does that fuzzy beholder style logo look like it belongs on a site for free flash games instead of a digital distribution platform? The triple crystal/diamond thing was stylish, in my opinion, and there was nothing wrong with it.

Is it just me or does that fuzzy beholder style logo look like it belongs on a site for free flash games instead of a digital distribution platform? The triple crystal/diamond thing was stylish, in my opinion, and there was nothing wrong with it.

I does, it looks like the logo to a F2P mobile Pokemon clone, it's not a good looking logo.

Parsnip

I didn't like SRIV as much as liked 3. I played them almost back to back, so all the recycled stuff on IV ended up being a bit too much too soon. Super powers were fun but didn't save the game for me.

In AC2 "animus manual" Lucy has added a note next to swimming controls that says "finally fixed the bug where ancestors would desync in water", or something along those lines. Always found that amusing.

I miss manuals sometimes.

zkylon

zkylewd
The only true way to finish asscreed 1 is to collect all of the flags and kill all of the Templars. And then get your reward of fucking nothing, not even achievements on the PC version.
i mean the rewards are "more information for your mission" but in actuality you can just jump in and stab the dude and run

i still think the concept from ass 1 was the best in the whole scouting your mark thing and just making the game be all about big assassinations. i hope unity is more like this and i hope the next sequel finally pulls this off right

Why does the pig have wings?
I know it's a fantasy setting but it just throws me off.
Porcavian.png
because it's much cuter that way

zkylon

zkylewd
i keep wondering if i should try far cry 3 but cmon zky you know better

all the praises for the cool villain is what's most intriguing about it for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom