• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

iosefe

shockingly no. theres a line someone says implying a sequel, but not an action...if that makes sense? that particular fight is done

its not like Ghosts which ends on a HUGE cliffhanger

well if youre just going to spoil the line, then yes, thats the line :p
That line out of context feels like a non spoiler, because it's so generic

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm playing Verdun later today, if any gaffers are interested please let me know.
Game will be held at 16:00 GMT.
Preferably EU gaffers for latency, but everyone is welcome.

capsule_sm_120.jpg

t1415980800z0.png

youre a fellow euro ningen? I knew there was a reason for you to be better than the rest of these miscreants...like the australians, ugh

That line out of context feels like a non spoiler, because it's so generic

even IN context the line isnt a spoiler, but people are so fucking sensiteve with spoilers around here, one has to be extra careful, or feel the wrath of a thousand evangelion lovers

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah, the ending is kind of lackluster, but they did get the big bad in the end.

well...THAT is actually spoiler-y :/ I guess you could argue that "it happens everytime" except it doesnt

I would change that, but hey, up to you

Why are they always porting the old shit? I'm not going to hold my breath for multiplayer either.

I dont know, baby steps? why are Sega porting Valkyria? Why did SE port FF13 / 13-2 and not just Lightning Returns?

at least Shift Extended will be a actual port (as in from consoles), unlike the first one or the current GG games. Further testing the waters? easier to port?

ASW dragging their ass on Blazblue.

Why won't they port Chrono Phantasma and be done with it?
It makes no freaking sense.

(I should be happy that CSE is happening, but c'mon)

Nabs

well...THAT is actually spoiler-y :/ I guess you could argue that "it happens everytime" except it doesnt

I would change that, but hey, up to you

I dont know, baby steps? why are Sega porting Valkyria? Why did SE port FF13 / 13-2 and not just Lightning Returns?

at least Shift Extended will be a actual port (as in from consoles), unlike the first one or the current GG games. Further testing the waters? easier to port?

The first one was a port from consoles (CT was originally released on GFWL with multiplayer). They released that right when the new version was coming out. Years later they gutted it for Steam/W8.

These steps don't seem to be leading to where I need them to go.
XRD XRD XRD

Miguel81

The first one was a port from consoles (CT was originally released on GFWL with multiplayer). They released that right when the new version was coming out. Years later they gutted it for Steam/W8.

These steps don't seem to be leading to where I need them to go.
XRD XRD XRD

That one should be a coming since they're releasing it on the PS4 as well. No real reason to delay it too much.

Rhaknar

indiegala needs to add its third game to depth of fear bundle already so I can once again be disapointed for owning it and can move on

zkylon

zkylewd
i think the whole making two characters thing for divinity is kind of a disappointment in the end, as is the create-your-own party members thing.

i tried making a disagreeing couple but since one of my characters has all the charisma it always ends up doing whatever she wants unless there's a random dice roll or something. but at the same time i don't feel like i get to roleplay the relationship a whole lot. and then i have the other two goofballs who barely say anything and don't seem too interesting. also all the equipment stuff is too samey so i never really feel like my party is getting stronger or anything. i love the homestead stuff but you barely ever visit and all the people are so far apart and half of them don't ever change dialogue.

the writing in the game is very enjoyable but i wish my party could feel like it has more personality.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think I'm done with Unity until it's been patched a few times and I have at least one 970.

Rhaknar

I think I'm done with Unity until it's been patched a few times and I have at least one 970.

gimme it, ill play it

no I wont, im still on brotherhood :( Im starting to think ill never catch up

AC II was the last AC series I played. I don't regret it.

By the way, there's a giveaway from SEGAbits on FB & Twitter for Valkyria Chronicles if anyone interested.
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link here, it's on google anyway.

JaseC

lol.
Ubi done fucked.
this is just sad, ubi

look what you've done

The unstable framerate doesn't bother, me but the game doesn't seem to handle VRAM management very well as after about an hour or so I get a ton of stuttering and have to restart the game to get things back to normal. I've also fallen through the earth more times than I'd like. If FC4 fares better then maybe I'll move on to that and resume Unity at a later date, but in the meantime I really ought to finish Styx.

indiegala needs to add its third game to depth of fear bundle already so I can once again be disapointed for owning it and can move on

I really hope they have a Happy Hour soon, otherwise I'm going to end up missing out on this bundle even though there's some interesting stuff in it.

zkylon

zkylewd
from my experience: ass da vinci > ass 3 > ass bros > ass 1 (haven't played the rest)

i really didn't like ass bros, felt it was derivative cash in and it annoyed me pretty hard cos it was the only one i preordered

i'm hoping ass 4 will be cheap one of these days

I'm with Marco on this, besides Ezio > Edward.
haytham > everyone

:3

daddy templar is the best

milena87

Confession time: I liked every Assassin's Creed game I played. I'm missing Liberation, Unity, Rogue and the DLCs for 3 and 4.

I even liked the MP, except in 4, because they removed Simple Deathmatch :/

edit: I'd personally rank them Brotherhood > 2 > Black Flag > 1 = Revelations = 3.

Yeah, I'd rank the the mainline series thus: AC > AC2 ~ Brotherhood > Black Flag > Revelations > 3. Unity is TBD.
I-Is that... the first game on top?

I thought I was the only one (don't ask me to replay it though. I 1000/1000'd it on 360 and I don't think I wanna look at it again). That setting was just so fucking good.

JaseC

The world is ending.

I even tried lowering the texture quality to low, but it didn't help much. The difference between that and high is quite stark, so I can't help but wonder why there's no medium setting.

Edit: Also, I hate that Ubi has already stepped away from supporting SMAA. Black Flag and Watch Dogs do yet Unity and The Crew don't.

zkylon

zkylewd
oh yeah middle east was like super risky for the ass creed series to start off

at one point this series was actually pretty innovative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom