• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

D3RANG3D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (D3RANG3D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Insurgency -- MB-D4A1F022EA8AD3E7 - Taken by Cth

WTF? I can't change steam store with cc=us or cc=ru or cc=fr etc anymore?

Edit: NVM problem with firefox only. Very stupid. Firefox is going IE route these days -_-. It even blocks internet Securities.

Tizoc

Well CoD: AW SP should finish downloading today.
I'll transfer it to my EX HDD after downloading.
Then I'll DL the following and transfer:
Mordor, FF13, Wolf 2014
That's 150ish GB lol. Not in a hurry to DL them but man...DA Inq @_@

Also my F drive is down to 80 something GB, gonna have to transfer the 10+ GB games over to another drive @3@

AHA-Lambda

Have to still check and ask but there's still been no news on Hotline Miami 2's release date has there?

The Way they've handled that has been a joke.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I tend to get about 2-3 random invites a week, I keep to a few rules
  • If your profile is private and I don't recognise the name, block.
  • Private and Level 0, scammer.
  • Public profile, but very low level, very few games, mostly F2P or freebies, scammer or begger.
  • Member of the Gaf group, Add!
  • Has paid games, decent level, maybe 8+, profile doesn't look like a terrible myspace page, add.
I don't block people generally, but this is a solid set of rules.

Surprised by how much I'm enjoying Saints Row IV. I never could get into the previous three, but this one really works for me. Unlike the other games, I think it's very well-written and toes the line effectively between clever, relatively subtle humor and a broader, more over-the-top style, and the science fiction setting gives it a lot of ripe material to poke fun at.

The mobility powers in the vein of Hulk: UD and Prototype are also a treat, though they're odd in that they make using land vehicles (which there's full customization for) largely superfluous. Would have liked to see them go a bit crazier in vehicle designs, and the setting would have allowed it.
Agreed, and the vehicle thing is more of a consequence of starting as SR3 DLC.
It's also the best Matrix game ever.

Well... it started as an expansion pack for Saint's Row the Third. Presumably some of the more unusual elements included in the game (primarily vehicles) reflect that.

The most impressive aspect of SR4, to me, was how much of a love letter SR4 is to fans of the series, with references and callbacks to previous games throughout the campaign. It helped that the game itself was really fun to play; case in point: Volition finally perfected the Insurance Fraud minigame.
It totally was a love letter, especially since they referenced the changes between 2 and Third in a pretty funny way.
Insurance Fraud was awesome yes, but it was already awesome in Third. I didn't care much for the Rift activities though.

Yeah, agreed. I think they were in a place where they believed there might not be another Saints Row game so they might as well make it a big thank you and fond goodbye. Some characters were notable in their absence and could only be mentioned by name: I guess they couldn't afford the voice actor for Angel, but for some reason they got his long-time nemesis. But overall, lots of good callbacks.
Agreed, it certainly feels like that.

Bayonetta 2 not charting isn't surprising at all after it floundered in Japan. "Hindsight is 20/20" and all, but still, talk about betting on the wrong horse.
To be fair, Nintendo announced it before the Wii U was released, when they thought their only weakness was a potential lack of "core" games.

Why does the pig have wings?
I know it's a fantasy setting but it just throws me off.
Porcavian.png
A special gift to all that said the game wouldn't come to PC? :p

Insurance Fraud was awesome yes, but it was already awesome in Third. I didn't care much for the Rift activities though.

Speed Rift was fun.

TK Rift was okay but more than once I died after getting to the gold level. Kept getting hit by balls that I didn't even see coming.

FUCK Platforming Rift. Fuck it right in the ear. I may never get gold on the hard one. Silver was hard enough.

Xanathus

Well CoD: AW SP should finish downloading today.
I'll transfer it to my EX HDD after downloading.
Then I'll DL the following and transfer:
Mordor, FF13, Wolf 2014
That's 150ish GB lol. Not in a hurry to DL them but man...DA Inq @_@

Also my F drive is down to 80 something GB, gonna have to transfer the 10+ GB games over to another drive @3@

I'd recommend on holding off on playing the COD campaign, the cinematics are broken right now from the latest patch (unless you're running a surround sound system).

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Speed Rift was fun.

TK Rift was okay but more than once I died after getting to the gold level. Kept getting hit by balls that I didn't even see coming.

FUCK Platforming Rift. Fuck it right in the ear. I may never get gold on the hard one. Silver was hard enough.
TK Rift was annoying with that at first, but honestly it got absurdly easy if done after getting several upgrades (like all the health ones... always found interesting that the game about superpowers doesn't have infinite health while SR3 did).
Agreed on Platforming Rift though, as I'm missing one gold medal (can't remember which one ATM), but talking about it makes me want to try it again xD

Block is probably the wrong word there, decline the invite might be better. I do block the obvious level 0 private profile bots though.
Ah, that sounds better.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
my WoW scab is itching... I have to scratch it!

I know it will hurt after a bit and probably leave a mess, but it feels so good in those first few minutes :(

Miguel81

Watch Dogs seems like a bizarre smash up of SC Blacklist and GTA. Had to lower detail to High, turn off AA and DoF to get an acceptable framerate. The nighttime scenes sure are purdy from what I've seen, but the driving model isn't exactly my cup o' tea. I'll continue and see if it clicks with me, but even if it doesn't it was a cheap Uplay copy so no biggie.

wait people thought bayo2 would make the npd? what fantasy world do they live in

Probably the same world where Shenmue III has gone gold.
I wanna live there :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Advanced Warfare has the best campaign since COD4 in my opinion

I started playing OlliOlli today and I feel like this game should be on all platforms and sell as many copies as Trials does. The control scheme is hard to get used to, but is fresh while having that Tony Hawk brand of just-one-more-try that feels great when you finally hit that score/goal.

Ozium

I started playing OlliOlli today and I feel like this game should be on all platforms and sell as many copies as Trials does. The control scheme is hard to get used to, but is fresh while having that Tony Hawk brand of just-one-more-try that feels great when you finally hit that score/goal.

it's also the only skateboarding game I can think of that actually makes you land your tricks

Aru

Here you go.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys and 4 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Aru, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-37BBFA67F4729E55 - Taken by Shadownet. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-2EC89C48E48910C4
vRvbDCu.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-91F2485BCF395F0D - Taken by PeterBazooka. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-57DF74D8895BEE69 - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
XCOM: Enemy Unknown -- MB-F573836CF598B24F - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
Metro 2033 -- MB-7AEEE8D59A3C8B78
Bastion -- MB-993EBB2187EBD6D7 - Taken by agniswarm. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising (Origin) -- MB-B16586328F4F052D

t1415943749z1.png

Knurek

Oh wow, this is coming out soon.

Keys when, Groupees?
Oh wait, MP only? Fuck. Thought it was going to get an SP campaign. Especially since Hexen 3 is never going to get made. :(

Rhaknar

Keys when, Groupees?
Oh wait, MP only? Fuck. Thought it was going to get an SP campaign. Especially since Hexen 3 is never going to get made. :(

son of a bitch, its multi? sigh

Vandiger

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vandiger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Insurgency -- MB-CC9789D6667DD3C5 - Taken by Se7enSword

Tellaerin

Keys when, Groupees?

I'm totally good with no SP campaign as long as there's decent bot support.

Got hit with an SCR download earlier today (Didn't know about it until today) through one of my friends who apparently fell for it - Didn't open the file. Been hearing conflicting reports on whether or not just downloading it alone fucks over accounts or if it has to be opened manually before the fun begins.

I moved all my inventory to one of my smurfs for safekeeping right away (Yes, their inventory is still intact as of now), purged the SCR from my PC, ran virus scans, purged a Trojan, and promptly switched around all my passwords. Am I in the clear now/If I was fucked would the effects be felt instantly, or is there delay behind it? None of my AVs report anything suspicious anymore, but I still have my paranoia.

Have to still check and ask but there's still been no news on Hotline Miami 2's release date has there?

The Way they've handled that has been a joke.

Well, it's my top #1 wanted game right now and I have two copies on my way from the figure KS campaign but I think it's pretty refreshing to see a "when it's ready" approach on releasing a game, even though my thirst is very real

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If Team17 wanted to maximise its HB sales it should have put Worms Armageddon in the $6 tier. Or stealth-re-released Worms 2.

Rhaknar

BB CSE was announced for PC, not the latest but hey, its something more...baby steps hopefully

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Yeah, I got Chrono Phantasm right here I don't really see the need to buy Continuum Shift Extend again. It'd make more sense to bring the revision of CP they're working on instead.

BB CSE was announced for PC, not the latest but hey, its something more...baby steps hopefully
I'll buy it Day 1 just like I did Calamity Trigger, I'm not even that interested in BlazBlue games(never really played them) but I'll be sure to support more PC releases of fighting/japanese games! :)

Rhaknar

What is BB CSE?

Blazblue Continuum Shift Extended

Sweet. It better have online mode this time! lol

Trigger was already on PC, just like the Guilty Gear games. This isnt, and one assumes has to be a port of the ps3 / 360 version, like KOF13 for example. so it should have online...

...now if its good online? probably not :p

zkylon

zkylewd
there are a ton of spiders in divinity lol

i feel like i made like the worst builds possible in the game but it's actually pretty fun trying to make this thing work

i hope i'm closing in to the end, i kinda want to play something else now

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Blazblue Continuum Shift Extended

Trigger was already on PC, just like the Guilty Gear games. This isnt, and one assumes has to be a port of the ps3 / 360 version, like KOF13 for example. so it should have online...

...now if its good online? probably not :p

Well unless the porting team messes up the netcode it should be pretty good since the console versions had great net code.

Rhaknar

Does AW have an unnecessary sequel jook?

shockingly no. theres a line someone says implying a sequel, but not an action...if that makes sense? that particular fight is done

its not like Ghosts which ends on a HUGE cliffhanger

There's a "this is just the beginning" line in the end.

well if youre just going to spoil the line, then yes, thats the line :p

I'm playing Verdun later today, if any gaffers are interested please let me know.
Game will be held at 16:00 GMT.
Preferably EU gaffers for latency, but everyone is welcome.

capsule_sm_120.jpg

t1415980800z0.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom