• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

milena87

It's a scene in which you can see your character's penis :D
I saw this from IGN, there's a video, but I'm not sure I can post it here :D

Ah, I thought you meant a penis weapon like in Saints Row 3-4.

It would surely surprise most enemies if the protagonist would stomp into an outpost riding an elephant with a penis weapon in his hands.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Do main quests first before any side quests or collectables, since main quests unlock abilities that might help in some sidequests, etc.

How're you running the game? Is it 60 FPS for you?

yeah 1080p 60fps all maxed. I actually locked it at 60

and ive been doing a mix of sidequests and story quests, especially when the next tier is locked and i dont have anything else to get

its just fun to get lost in it and do random shit...well, more like horribly kill random orcs

Ozium

youre a fellow euro ningen? I knew there was a reason for you to be better than the rest of these miscreants...like the australians, ugh

1408063496693.gif

I'm playing Verdun later today, if any gaffers are interested please let me know.
Game will be held at 16:00 GMT.
Preferably EU gaffers for latency, but everyone is welcome.

capsule_sm_120.jpg

t1415980800z0.png

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Kiru

ArynCrinn

Banned
Having just finished majestic Silent Hill 2 on the PS2... why isn't it it available on Steam again? Are there legal reasons or is it just Konami's general ineptitude?

General Industry Ineptitude. Same reason a shit ton of last gen games aren't on PC. Fuck GOG is better at getting at least the best old school games on PC than Steam despite Valve having the money to actually go and essentially lobby for them. Where's Planescape Torment and Ultima Underworld 1+2, or The Journeyman Project Trilogy? There things I'd kill for on Steam for achievements/badges/backgrounds/workshop. Vanquish? Why not, MGR sold great. Just a lack of dev interest. Only real way it'll ever happen is for Valve to lobby for them with money on the table. Instead...SteamOS/Steam Machines/goofy controller...somehow still forgets to hire and implement any sort of reliable Customer Support team, which ironically GOG is also 100% superior at. Valve...sales are great, but the customer support (aka actually valuing your customers) and EULA is terrible.

Why no Fight Night games on Origin for that matter? I'd love that. Why not release Halo: MCC on PC, make twice or at least 40% more profit 6 months after console release? How can the Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition be called that when it doesn't include Deadly Alliance/Deception/Armageddon? Anyway, yeah, industry doesn't know which way is up half the time in terms of spreading all releases later to maximize profits, instead of DLC. Capcom recently announced ANOTHER DLC for fucking costumes for Ultra, are people really breaking their balls to pay Capcom whatever $$$ for a fucking costume...get over yourself Capcom, do a simple update for it. And you people who buy all this DLC nonsense, you're part of the problem. Hate to say it, but gotta keep it real.

Honestly what we really need is simply emulators that work by actually rendering the games for 360(cracking the 360 emu this way would by proxy open the Xbox emu too)/PS3 and even Wii U/PS4/Xbone. Would make things a lot easier, and even moddable, custom servers, etc. Even better would be a system that allows all achievements/trophies to be unlocked via the same methods of the orig game files based on the let's call it "emulator environment" it all ties into.

Arthea

General Industry Ineptitude. Same reason a shit ton of last gen games aren't on PC. Fuck GOG is better at getting at least the best old school games on PC than Steam despite Valve having the money to actually go and essentially lobby for them. Where's Planescape Torment and Ultima Underworld 1+2, or The Journeyman Project Trilogy? There things I'd kill for on Steam for achievements/badges/backgrounds/workshop. Vanquish? Why not, MGR sold great. Just a lack of dev interest. Only real way it'll ever happen is for Valve to lobby for them with money on the table. Instead...SteamOS/Steam Machines/goofy controller...somehow still forgets to hire and implement any sort of reliable Customer Support team, which ironically GOG is also 100% superior at. Valve...sales are great, but the customer support (aka actually valuing your customers) and EULA is terrible.

Why no Fight Night games on Origin for that matter? I'd love that. Why not release Halo: MCC on PC, make twice or at least 40% more profit 6 months after console release? How can the Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition be called that when it doesn't include Deadly Alliance/Deception/Armageddon? Anyway, yeah, industry doesn't know which way is up half the time in terms of spreading all releases later to maximize profits, instead of DLC. Capcom recently announced ANOTHER DLC for fucking costumes for Ultra, are people really breaking their balls to pay Capcom whatever $$$ for a fucking costume...get over yourself Capcom, do a simple update for it. And you people who buy all this DLC nonsense, you're part of the problem. Hate to say it, but gotta keep it real.

Honestly what we really need is simply emulators that work by actually rendering the games for 360(cracking the 360 emu this way would by proxy open the Xbox emu too)/PS3 and even Wii U/PS4/Xbone. Would make things a lot easier, and even moddable, custom servers, etc. Even better would be a system that allows all achievements/trophies to be unlocked via the same methods of the orig game files based on the let's call it "emulator environment" it all ties into.

you know that there is a good chance we will get Vanquish, don't you? We asked for it, and it seems like Sega is listening. We got VC after all.
Capcpom is another matter, I don't understand them and not sure somebody does.
Also I think ports are much preferable to emulation, for obvious reasons.

ArynCrinn

Banned
you know that there is a good chance we will get Vanquish, don't you? We asked for it, and it seems like Sega is listening. We got VC after all.
Capcpom is another matter, I don't understand them and not sure somebody does.
Also I think ports are much preferable to emulation, for obvious reasons.

Only reason I mentioned emulation as the best possible alt to "ports" is, that when you really break it down realistically the ONLY way we are ever getting ALL console games on PC is through emulation. This of course is particularly true of "exclusives". And beyond that, blackhat crackers and programmers/modders are by and large better at optimizing and modding and adding all kinds of cool shit than any dev team programmer/engineers that are often kicked upstairs by the overall budget/pub and industry market constraints to really push X or Y game to it's fullest extreme and truly utilize the modern PC platform.

The reason so many of these console games for PS4/Xbone perform so poorly on PC is their VRAM vacuums, which makes perfect sense for them "on consoles". Since the consoles lack the raw pure horsepower of even a GTX760/i5 2500K/8GBDDR3/100GB paging file...nevermind a dedicated OS SSD, which even with 2GB of VRAM if specifically dev'ed for the PC platform would run these games with the ease of a Hindu cow. So, now we are essentially seeing TRUE console ports with little to no budget/programming dedication to really code the game from scratch to be a real PC game. Alien Isolation was really the only "good" example I can think of.

Glad to say I've got over 850+ Steam games and not 1 AssCreed or CoD game, so at least I'm doing my part of not adding fuel to the problems of the recycling industry. And very few DLC's I've purchased. So yeah, voting with my wallet, not that that old standby means anything nowadays.

Momentary

Banned
BB CSE was announced for PC, not the latest but hey, its something more...baby steps hopefully

I'm excited and pissed at the same time. Why not bring the freshest version over. I guess it's because they are going to eventually and they know they the same people who buy this iteration at full price will also buy their other game at full price.

I will be one of those people. Where is the press release for this? Who is publishing it?

Monooboe

Anyone know why Steam randomly decides to uncategorize a bunch of games?o_O Pain to get them back to place. On that note, I still have to find a good system to put my games. Seems I will soon have as many categories as I have games.XD

Copons

Ubi keeps Ubing, this time in Italy:

That ("aquista", which correctly spelled would mean "purchase"), my friends, is one of the worst spelling errors in the entire Italian language, like, in English would be writing "your" instead of "you're".

Anyone know why Steam randomly decides to uncategorize a bunch of games?o_O Pain to get them back to place. On that note, I still have to find a good system to put my games. Seems I will soon have as many categories as I have games.XD
The best system is no system, I use no categories, and I live free.

Lain

So is the GTX 970 the best card for your money right now? What about in 6 months?

I'll say that it gives me 1k fps at the char select screen in WoW. Best.Card.Ever.

Who knows if in 6 months a 8GB version is released? But from my experience with one, the 970 seems to be a damn fine card that performs damn well, it's quiet and OC pretty well too.

fantomena

Currently uploading my QP Dangerous Shooting video to YT. The game is from the devs of 100% Orange Juice and it releases later today on Steam.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Ubi keeps Ubing, this time in Italy:

That ("aquista", which correctly spelled would mean "purchase"), my friends, is one of the worst spelling errors in the entire Italian language, like, in English would be writing "your" instead of "you're".

your right ;)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Actually it got an SLI profile the other day. Don't know if Monolith have released a patch to coincide but I'm tempted to pick it up again over crimbo.

aye I saw, its running great for sure

these captain quests wont stop popping, and i must KILL THEM ALL

Accoun

Lol, local gaming mag: "We have a 10/10 in this issue!".

There were games like Lords Of The Fallen (exclusive, first review in the world), Alien: Isolation, Shadow Of Mordor, Forza Horizon 2, Broderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Bayonetta 2 and some more reviewed. Guess what got the 10/10?

Quake Live, since they didn't review it back when it launched, but they did now because it got a significant update and got on Steam
I actually commented "that 10/10 better be Quake" on their website, before the issue came out

Dr Dogg

aye I saw, its running great for sure

these captain quests wont stop popping, and i must KILL THEM ALL

Sweet, good to know, cheers. The story and the characters had me a little 'eh' which is why I put it down but just fucking about with the Nemesis system is fun in itself. I think the challenge mode is just that but with goals like kill x amount of Captains and x Warchiefs in 15 mins with side options like how you take them out. Of course it's locked behind DLC :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom