• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

I even tried lowering the texture quality to low, but it didn't help much. The difference between that and high is quite stark, so I can't help but wonder why there's no medium setting.

I guess Ubi was just too busy adding microtransactions to the game...

Sajjaja

oh yeah middle east was like super risky for the ass creed series to start off

at one point this series was actually pretty innovative

I was gonna say lol super risky? but I realized CoD hadn't oversaturated that region yet because CoD4 came out at the same time.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
my favorite Assassins Creed games, in order:

Assassins Creed 2 > Assassins Creed

... >_>

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
my favorite Assassins Creed games, in order:

Assassins Creed 2 > Assassins Creed

... >_>

I've never played beyond AssCreed 1.

I was way late to the party and picked up 1 some time after 2 came out, just didn't find my heart was all in the game or the genre at the time and never came back.

Sajjaja

well you know you play a middle eastern assassin character, i think that was pretty daring of ubi

Good thing they didn't make him TOO Arab I suppose. Nor did he have any apparent religious affiliations (Muslim) like the Hashashin did at the time.

They played it safe.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
well you know you play a middle eastern assassin character, i think that was pretty daring of ubi

it was so daring that they had to go "nah we just fucking with you all, you actually play another american white dude that is just pretending to be an arab in virtual reality"

I'm playing Verdun later today, if any gaffers are interested please let me know.
Game will be held at 16:00 GMT.
Preferably EU gaffers for latency, but everyone is welcome.

capsule_sm_120.jpg

t1415980800z0.png

I was so disappointed with Assassin's Creed one it took me 5 years until I could even look at it again, or the rest of the franchise. Glad I did as Assassin's Creed II was lots of fun, as was Assassin's Creed IV.

Anteater

I feel like I should've started with ass 1, because back then I had a pretty good interest in the first game just from watching trailers, then 2 came out and a few people told me how ass creed 1 is actually a piece of shit and 2 is 50 times better because every single aspect has been improved, so I bought ass creed 2 at full price instead.

That raised my expectation of the game skyhigh and I ended up not enjoying it as much as everyone else, although I did find it fun for a few hours so there's that, but I got a bit burned out that I hated the rest of the game and didn't go back.

If I played 1 I probably wouldn't have such an unrealistic expectation for the game, I might've stopped at 1 or maybe I would've played 2 and see all the improvements for myself and appreciate the series a little bit more.

So for preorders from GMG, do they only send the code once the game has released? I got the order confirmation email from them but there was no steam code.

I'm playing Verdun later today, if any gaffers are interested please let me know.
Game will be held at 16:00 GMT.
Preferably EU gaffers for latency, but everyone is welcome.

capsule_sm_120.jpg

t1415980800z0.png

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Kiru

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So for preorders from GMG, do they only send the code once the game has released? I got the order confirmation email from them but there was no steam code.

Generally they arrive in time to pre-load but otherwise, if that doesn't apply, yes. Ultimately, though, it depends on the publisher: Publisher requests keys from Valve -> Valve hands out keys to publisher -> Publisher distributes them to affiliated retailers.

Edit: b10.

I've got to say that Weekly Humble bundle is pretty good if you didn't buy any of the other Team 17 bundles. I didn't so I'll be getting the $6 tier for sure.

Correct. Sometimes they will send the code early to allow you to preload, but that doesn't always occur.

Generally they arrive in time to pre-load but otherwise, if that doesn't apply, yes. Ultimately, though, it depends on the publisher: Publisher requests keys from Valve -> Valve hands out keys to publisher -> Publisher distributes them to affiliated retailers.

Cool thanks. I was getting a bit worried.

Rhaknar

hmm idle master is borked, says invalid cookie data all of a sudden. whats up with that?

Arthea

2 nice bundles on gog is about to end, one is Best of Bullfrog, other Action platformers, in case anybody still hasn't those games.

Copons

hmm idle master is borked, says invalid cookie data all of a sudden. whats up with that?

It happened to me yesterday.
I went in Chrome settings to check what happened with my "sessionid" and "steamLogin" cookies and with much surprise, considering I was logged into Steam, they weren't there.
Weirdly enough, in a couple of minutes they popped back up and then I just needed to relaunch Idle Master to make it work fine again.

MQX

Tier 2 will get extra games added next week.
But the question is: What are the extra games? ;P

I bought it already. Tier 2 for €5 seems a good price. Hopefully the extra games are as good as Grid 2 and ETS2 :p.

This game has been greenlit ;P.

jms0l0lrUpcZI.png

What the shit
I hope they will sell the 18+ with the all-ages Steam version combined. Like how Huniepop does with the steam and steamy version ;P

Today is my cake day
DASXSw3.png
Happy belated birthday :D.

vKALCBB.jpg

Spotted on play-asia. Really hope this happens.
It's happening? D:
Nude mods confirmed ;P

...and SNK finally gives us:
Garou_MotW_NeoGeo_cover.jpg

Also Psikyo games get put on Steam, 60 FPS 1080P+ GUNBIRD 1 AND 2 GET HYPE BEE-OTCHEZZZ!
If Garou gets a Steam release, I would be happy (and proud of SNK) :D.

[*] If your profile is private and I don't recognise the name, block.
[/LIST]
Is there a reason why (most of) GAF members hates Steam profiles that are private?(and what about Steam profiles that are private to friends only?). I'm always wondering :eek:.

BB CSE was announced for PC, not the latest but hey, its something more...baby steps hopefully
original

At least this version is better than CT ;P. Hopefully CSE has online multi-player + won't be a horrible port :/.

Yeah, I got Chrono Phantasm right here I don't really see the need to buy Continuum Shift Extend again. It'd make more sense to bring the revision of CP they're working on instead.
Wish I could buy and play Chronophantasma :/. The game is not available in my country(PSN store, digital). So i'm stuck with CSE :/(I could import the game, but then I would miss all the DLC characters :X). I hope ASW will release a Extend version of Chronophantasma(and make it also available for purchase in my country :X).

Tizoc

The problem with BlazBlue CSE is that damage output is quite low in combos as opposed to CP. For completion's sake it might be worth getting, but CP is the one I'm after. If that gets ported to Steam, I'll trade off my PS3 copy :p

Shadownet

Banned
I even tried lowering the texture quality to low, but it didn't help much. The difference between that and high is quite stark, so I can't help but wonder why there's no medium setting.

Edit: Also, I hate that Ubi has already stepped away from supporting SMAA. Black Flag and Watch Dogs do yet Unity and The Crew don't.
Yeah it's quite baffling how there isnt a medium option for texture. It's all or nothing. The game on Ultra High is amazingly gorgeous, but you need like a supercomputer to run that.
exaggerating

Yeah I thought I was going crazy when I couldn't find SMAA in the game. Did they say why they removed it?

Yeah, I'd rank the the mainline series thus: AC > AC2 ~ Brotherhood > Black Flag > Revelations > 3. Unity is TBD.
I'm surprised you like AC1 so much, personally I couldn't get into it since I love collecting stuff to unlock a super reward in AC games, but AC1 doesn't have that, you max out your health by completing regular missions so by the time you collect all the flags they just do...nothing.

Like literally nothing.
No unlock or anything, wtf.

My rankings are AC4 > AC2 and Bro > 3 > Revelations > 1

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Santerestil, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Santerestil, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Metro 2033 -- MB-B186C4B017C58405 - Taken by Mengy. 1 entrants total.

t1416003928z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom