• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sweet, good to know, cheers. The story and the characters had me a little 'eh' which is why I put it down but just fucking about with the Nemesis system is fun in itself. I think the challenge mode is just that but with goals like kill x amount of Captains and x Warchiefs in 15 mins with side options like how you take them out. Of course it's looked behind DLC :\

the powers and new abilities are also so good that it makes me feel like grinding just to level up and see all of the stuff

anyway super fun, but yeah, the narrative is certainly not the strong point, what little there is of it. I do like the
sneaky little orc we "team up"
with during the story tho :p

yuraya

SjhulGo.png

Sounds like something someone would say if they saw a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.

;)

Dr Dogg

TF3? Maybe in the next decade. If at all :p

Well it would need to be announced first, then take 10+ years to finally come out :p

Is Left 4 Dead 3 the best bet at this point? Though that doesn't scream scale to me. Probably will be some fantastic concept idea that gets thrown in the bin at some point :(

the powers and new abilities are also so good that it makes me feel like grinding just to level up and see all of the stuff

anyway super fun, but yeah, the narrative is certainly not the strong point, what little there is of it. I do like the

Yeah
Rat Bag
had a certain dumb charm to him. I thought that because he was used in some of the promo vids that he was a randomly generated Orc but not he gets his own little story and chance to shine. Though the stories I've had with just the Nemesis system are better than what the game offered up to the point I'm at.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I have a mystery for you

I loved The Walking Dead, and I loved the first episode of Wolf Among Us. So why havent I touched the other 4 episodes of Wolf?

is it perhaps because im a fucking idiot?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I have a mystery for you

I loved The Walking Dead, and I loved the first episode of Wolf Among Us. So why havent I touched the other 4 episodes of Wolf?

yeah, that's probably it ;)

Nabs

Tip: Play through some of the story before you get too deep into side stuff. They lock some good stuff behind main missions.

Sounds like something someone would say if they saw a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.

;)

So, Stars of Blood will be an MMO? Or maybe Prospero got revived? :p

Well it would need to be announced first, then take 10+ years to finally come out :p

Is Left 4 Dead 3 the best bet at this point? Though that doesn't scream scale to me. Probably will be some fantastic concept idea that gets thrown in the bin at some point :(

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Valve always have prototypes that never see the light of day.

-MD-

I have a mystery for you

The Walking Dead was my 2nd favorite game the year it came out and I absolutely loved the first episode of season 2 but I've yet to play the other 4 episodes.

I'm for sure a fucking idiot.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Ubi keeps Ubing, this time in Italy:

That ("aquista", which correctly spelled would mean "purchase"), my friends, is one of the worst spelling errors in the entire Italian language, like, in English would be writing "your" instead of "you're".

Your just being pedantic now

Wow valve has less than 400 employees? I thought they had 500 minimum. Doesnt ac game have like 400 people working on them? If so its kinda weird that 1 game has more people working on it than valve has employed

Wow valve has less than 400 employees? I thought they had 500 minimum. Doesnt ac game have like 400 people working on them? If so its kinda weird that 1 game has more people working on it than valve has employed

Last time we got a concrete number it was around 300-330. And ACs have like around 10 studios/1000 people working on them or something like that :D

Deques

What I wonder is what are those employees working with

Grief.exe

So is the GTX 970 the best card for your money right now? What about in 6 months?

Right now? Yes.
6 months from now? Probably not.

AMD is rumored to have a compelling rebuttal to the 900 series and Nvidia still has releases such as the 950 ti.

Keep in mind the 900 series wasn't a big step up in performance from existing cards. The improvements were in the price reduction and TDP.

Glad to say I've got over 850+ Steam games and not 1 AssCreed or CoD game, so at least I'm doing my part of not adding fuel to the problems of the recycling industry. And very few DLC's I've purchased. So yeah, voting with my wallet, not that that old standby means anything nowadays.

I was thinking about this issue extensively yesterday.

Why are these Activision, EA, and Ubi participating in these slash and burn tactics? The video game industry is the largest entertainment medium on the planet, and the fastest growing at that.
Publishers are assuming that the rate of growth in the industry will outpace the rate at which they disenfranchise past consumers.
By that I mean, they are well aware people will stop buying their products, but, by throwing more marketing dollars at the problem, they can bring in new, and by extension ignorant, consumers.

Why aren't they cultivating as many consumers as they can? Why not spend a little more money on the front end to polish the game, subsequently making more on the back end? Both on that product and future iterations.

Grief.exe

JShackles also told us that their largest department, by far, is customer service.

Rhaknar

good lord episode 2 of Wolf has the biggest late title card ever, I actually thought the episode was over and was about to say "well that was short" lol

forgot how much I love the look of the game

Arthea

I use the categorize to memorize what I played and where my priorities are.

http://i.minus.com/jf3dCSJ8Zk99y.png[/IMG[/QUOTE]

pfft, you aren't even trying.
Here is my library of several months ago, it has more categories now, actually!

[QUOTE][IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibvOrW7UjlQVrZ.jpg

Chariot

I got similar categories

This way I see which game I have beaten for each year

How many goat games do you have?
This is a nice system too. Not for me though, since I barely finish a game in a year :D
I have 416 games on steam, and only half of it is bundle crap I never needed.

btw. this is my whole "done"-folder

I am better at buying than at finishing.
But four goat games:
Goat Sim, bad Rats, Marlow Briggs and Magic Crystal
Is that really helpful?
Also you spelled "rhythm" wrong.

Jawmuncher

I have been pretty good keeping it this way

untitled2pyubt.png

My Games and AAA are kinda the same category though.
Those are higher priority to play/preorders. There's one category missing which is Beaten Indie. Just to make searching for beaten games easier.

I'm playing Verdun later today, if any gaffers are interested please let me know.
Game will be held at 16:00 GMT.
Preferably EU gaffers for latency, but everyone is welcome.

capsule_sm_120.jpg

t1415980800z0.png

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Kiru
3 -
4 -

milena87

I have 4 categories now:
favourites;
great (games I liked and probably will play again);
play (for games I have yet to play and want to);
my games (for games I've beaten and won't play again and for games I know I'll never play).

I tried using genres, but there were too many categories é_é

Arthea

Is that really helpful?
Also you spelled "rhythm" wrong.

I like how everybody notices that, ya I notice too, but never got around fixing it.

It is helpful for me, as I said once before, I'm not sure how any of you pick what to play in your uncategorised libraries, you can't really remember what are those thousands games you own. That makes no sense to me.
Also I have really hard time finding anything without categories, too many titles, too small text and all that.
Some categories are still way too large, like platformers, for example, I need to subgenre them at some point.

good lord episode 2 of Wolf has the biggest late title card ever, I actually thought the episode was over and was about to say "well that was short" lol

forgot how much I love the look of the game
The sharp comic book look is admittedly the only saving grace of their miserable engine. It's amazing how much people are letting Telltale get away with on a technical level.

Jawmuncher

I like how everybody notices that, ya I notice too, but never got around fixing it.

It is helpful for me, as I said once before, I'm not sure how any of you pick what to play in your uncategorised libraries, you can't really remember what are those thousands games you own. That makes no sense to me.
Also I have really hard time finding anything without categories, too many titles, too small text and all that.
Some categories are still way too large, like platformers, for example, I need to subgenre them at some point.

Why would I want to remember games I know i'll never play?
At this point even with 700 games I know what genre it is just by looking at it and if it's even worth playing.

milena87

I

Personally, it's pretty easy. I know I'll never get around to play most of the games in my library, so I put into the "play" category only the games I've read about and really do intend to play sooner or later.

Of the 800+ games I have, I think around 650 are in the "my games" category.

Arthea

Why would I want to remember games I know i'll never play?
At this point even with 700 games I know what genre it is just by looking at it and if it's even worth playing.

wait till you'll have more than 1.5K (><)
I don't remember a thing, well, not entirely true, maybe about 500-600 games, others I remember than forget, then suddenly find something I don't know I even own, well, usual stuff. Also I try not to make assumptions that something isn't worth playing without playing it, except broken games, but even those sometimes get fixed as we know.
I wonder how you know what's worth playing by looking at game's name or pic.

Personally, it's pretty easy. I know I'll never get around to play most of the games in my library, so I put into the "play" category only the games I've read about and really do intend to play sooner or later.

Of the 800+ games I have, I think around 650 are in the "my games" category.

I plan to play all my games, so yeah (><)

Jawmuncher

wait till you'll have more than 1.5K (><)
I don't remember a thing, well, not entirely true, maybe about 500-600 games, others I remember than forget, then suddenly find something I don't know I even own, well, usual stuff. Also I try not to make assumptions that something isn't worth playing without playing it, except broken games, but even those sometimes get fixed as we know.
I wonder how you know what's worth playing by looking at game's name or pic.

My tastes are pretty specific.
I know it might be bad but you really won't see me playing very much small scale indie stuff aside from VNs. Which is what a lot of my game count is because of bundles. Too many games to play so I know what to push to the side early on in favor of others.

Ruruja

I'm surprised you don't just have two categories:

Puzzle Games
Everything Else

(><)

I'm impressed with your Lexica dedication though..

Tenrius

Why does the pig have wings?
I know it's a fantasy setting but it just throws me off.
Porcavian.png

If you didn't care what happened to me,
And I didn't care for you,
We would zig zag our way through the boredom and pain
Occasionally glancing up through the rain.
Wondering which of the buggars to blame
And watching for pigs on the wing~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom