• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, so I tried to put 2 more 4gb dimms in my mobo... but when I do, the PC goes into a boot loop where I can't even see the BIOS post screen output to the monitor before it restarts.
The ram is identical, for the most part (cosmetic differences, but same brand, same specs)...
The only configuration i've found that works is 0-0-1-1... anything else and the board goes into boot loop hell.
Is this a mobo problem or a CPU problem? my year warranty is probably up on both :\
Hm, not a hardware guy but I found this. Maybe you're just unlucky and got a bad module? Try Memtest I'd say if you want to investigate further.
DrDogg would have some neat tips, I am sure.
I'm missing Ghosts. I found a reseller that still has a pre-order key in stock, and since the Watcher DLC was exclusive to pre-orders, I have my eye on it. The DLC was also in the Russian DDE, but that's not an option any more. :(
Guess you learned from that and won't ever hesitate anymore to buy stuff and splunge more openly on...
RhUavFd.png
..oh, I see. You already do :p
But seriously, da heck man.
I have no idea ... I haven't seen him post anything in like a year now
:p
Hey, did you manage to find a cheap copy of Evolve? You were asking yesterday.
Fixed that for you. :p
No kidding. My browser almost crashed when I tried watching his full games list.
He should rent his account and finance new purchases, hah.
Last time I saw Turf...
I'm kidding bud<3
Much better avi. Now I recognize you easier.
And thanks again man for yesterday. You really made my night :)

Turfy is a mystery. He strikes just the right balance between grumpiness and enthusiasm.

5 hours into Strata and counting. cant wait for 6x6 square tables..

just wanted to say: LYNE > Strata > Hexcells

(dont flame, its just supposed to show which i enjoy the most. if you enjoyed any of the mentioned above, you should totally still play the other two)
Regardless of the order, I love this type of clean, elegant and sleek puzzle games that have no timers and just let you sit, relax and solve the puzzle. Compared to the nightmares I went through with Cogs (shudder...), Criticial Mass and Clickr I swore to myself to never play a puzzle game on a timer.

Jase stays going hard for that steam collection of his. Im so jelly of the guy who won family sharing with his acc.

Also I didnt know that RE4 doesnt support family sharing, it doesnt even give a warning on the store page. Thats really annoying

-Deimos

Please take these keys.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (-Deimos, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Evolve Alpha #4 -- MB-C1D8A3A4AD7265F4
Evolve Alpha #3 -- MB-4ED319E24745C535
Evolve Alpha #2 -- MB-011924D0C7FB6FD4
Evolve Alpha -- MB-56FFAD02ABC2E872

iosefe

anyone else here think Sonic Heroes needs to hit Steam? i remember playing a bit on a friend's gamecube and i liked it

Nzyme32

5 hours into Strata and counting. cant wait for 6x6 square tables..

just wanted to say: LYNE > Strata > Hexcells

Never heard of Strata till now, but looks awesome, so will check it out. Lyne is great but, hexcells infinite is fantastic, love that thing the most so far, but just generally really dig those kind of games.

(dont flame, its just supposed to show which i enjoy the most. if you enjoyed any of the mentioned above, you should totally still play the other two)

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful

Turfster

Btw, where has that magnificent grumpy old man been lately? Getting his bionic arm and becoming the six million dollar game dev? :p

I'm around.
Last few days have been full of obligations.
Still not rich or healed, tho.

Mac Game Store has civ V Complete 75% off
Gamersgate has injustice Ultimate 75% off
Amazon has dementium II 93% off

The Moon Sliver keys are now available for the indieroyale debut 14 too

Grief.exe

Playing Evolve Alpha

So the most frustrating part for us is finding the monster initially. We are generally fine once we can find the monster, but we often spend the first 10 minutes just wondering around aimlessly.

Tellaerin

Just a quick note: QbQbQb and Vertical Drop Heroes HD are both the real deal. VDH's stepped up to fill the void while I wait for Hopoo to fix Risk of Rain, and QbQbQb's a damn addictive Klax-esque falling block game. (Love how Desura gives you the tablet version along with the Steam key - been playing it on my Nexus 7. Looking forward to playing it on the desktop when I get in, since I think can do better with KB/M than I am with fingers/stylus.)

Playing Evolve Alpha

So the most frustrating part for us is finding the monster initially. We are generally fine once we can find the monster, but we often spend the first 10 minutes just wondering around aimlessly.

Sounds like the game could use an Aliens-esque motion sensor-type item.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Playing Evolve Alpha

The monsters tracks are highlighted in blue once you get within 10-15 meters. If none of the hunters are close, the game creates an icon with accompanying bird shrieks over the monsters general area. Also, Daisy will track the monster.

Maniac

Banned
So by the way... Turtle Rock almost has 100 in-house devs now. Pretty huge for a dev whom has "only" made Left 4 Dead and done a bunch of contract work for Valve, and now made Evolve. Which is great, in case anyone was wondering. So really very fucking awyis-good. And also great looking. Love the effects. :>
CS:Source is 10 yrs old today.
Fucking... Jesus.

Ehm, just my exact reaction, I guess. :p

15 more days till HL2 will also be 10 years old.

I really wonder if Valve will do anything on that day.
I wish. :(

lol i don't think so
I agree T_T

And my Steam account will be 10 years old too. I just made sure I had every achievement in the HL2 series for the occasion, but will probably start another playthrough of the HL2 games or even HL1 games on the day. Pretty amazing how well they hold up today all things considered
Yeah, same here. Except for the 10 year thing since this is my second account, but I'm halfway through my newest playthrough of EP2, and once I complete it I'll have aaaall ze achievements. :>

Playing Evolve Alpha

It's all in the environmental cues, really. There's lots of them, but it isn't easy initially. Protip: Always follow Daisy. She sniffs out the monster really fast. A lot of trackers just have no idea what they're doing, sadly.

I love daisy. It's so painful killing her :(
Find your own waifu!

Also yeah the moment I get into a match, it crashed.
But... Saoirse is taken! Dormer is taken! Clarke is taken! Deschanel is taken... EVERYONE IS TAKEN T_T

Ooooh, maybe the girl from Taken should be muh waifu...
I dunno who you are, i dunno wot u want m8, but ima find yo naem and make you muh waifuru!

Chariot

Playing Evolve Alpha

Follow Daisy, she is better than the footprints and/or split up. Two people following Daisy/footsteps, the other two just take a different path.
It's all in the environmental cues, really. There's lots of them, but it isn't easy initially. Protip: Always follow Daisy. She sniffs out the monster really fast. A lot of trackers just have no idea what they're doing, sadly.

I had a hysteric trapper once. He totally freaked out every three minutes and tried to shoot Daisy.

nja

Neo Member
Playing Evolve Alpha

Follow Daisy. I must admit that i really like the game and today i found no problems connecting to servers, yesterday was almost impossible to connect.

Dr Dogg

Man Ubisoft threads are always the craziest. You might not like the collectothon grind style they have gone down but reading a Ubi thread can bring entertainment in itself. I just want Unity to be out in the wild so someone might do some benches and I can finally sort out my pain in the arse GPU situation.

zkylon

zkylewd
So by the way... Turtle Rock almost has 100 in-house devs now. Pretty huge for a dev whom has "only" made Left 4 Dead and done a bunch of contract work for Valve, and now made Evolve. Which is great, in case anyone was wondering. So really very fucking awyis-good. And also great looking. Love the effects. :>
big question is always if how many of those devs will remain after evolved is done

Don't talk shit about people with waifus and husbandos.
oh you can have waifus

just don't be a creep about it :>

do it with style like saoirse

Grief.exe

I've never played Trapper before, been having fun with support.

So does Daisy just point and run in the general direction of the monster?

Shadownet

Banned
But... Saoirse is taken! Dormer is taken! Clarke is taken! Deschanel is taken... EVERYONE IS TAKEN T_T

There are plenty of beautiful women out there. Natalie Portman, Kate Beckinsale, Liv Tyler, Charlize Theron, Mila Kunis, Katie Cassidy (from Taken), Kristen Bell (another one of my favorites), Eva Green, Kelly Reilly, Cobie Smulders, Yvonne Strahovski, Emily Blunt (sweet baby jesus<3), Ni Ni (for those who likes asians), Amanda Seyfried, Scarlett Johansson, Jessica Chastain, Amber Heard, Jessica Biel, Heather Graham, Amy Adams, Rachel McAdams, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jennifer Morrison (i like her too), Kristin Kreuk (she's half asian, probably the best looking mixed celebrity I know), Kristen Dunst, Rooney Mara, Bryce Dallas Howard, Mena Suvari, Julie Benz, Emily Bett Rickards (you need to google her up).

And I didn't even list those in the music industry. Find your own, just like I did with Elizabeth.
If you can't find anyone, you can alway sport a zkylon avatar. LOL :p look at those red eyes and porcelain skin! zkylon is gorgeous!

guy's a total creep
Me? :(

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't wnana play evolve cos i got super hooked for l4d back in beta days and then i bought it and never enjoyed it again

same happened with payday 2

so like coop shooty games are simply not for me. it's like prolonged exposure to them ruins all the fun for me. i start caring about winning and fall behind with all the latest strats and just stop having fun

If you can't find anyone, you can alway sport a zkylon avatar. LOL :p look at those red eyes and porcelain skin! zkylon is gorgeous!
what's this even mean

also my eyes are not red that was just a halloween costume u silly

edit: and that's a crazy long list of women you have there. i'm not sure what's scarier, that you can cite them all by memory or if you have a list

maybe

Shadownet

Banned
what's this even mean

maybe

Sometimes we have female celebrities as our avatar because we find them likeable and beautiful. But surely the women of GAF are great looking too.
even if you don't know what they're look like.
plus they can be awesome and likable.

I know you, yakkue, milena and Mono are pretty cool gals. I would definitely sports a Domo avatar for yakkue.

Also, "maybe" ouch.
:(

zkylon

zkylewd
maybe he should play some LoL

don't though. it will drain days
i wouldn't recommend it lol

i'm happier when i don't play it i think

less stress and i feel like spending time playing indie games or story-centric games is more of my thing

like i love thinking about lol design wise but i've probably reached my skill peak and so it's not becoming more interesting to play i feel

That attention to detail.
that's the zkylon guarantee!

Sometimes we have female celebrities as our avatar because we find them likeable and beautiful. But surely the women of GAF are great looking too.

I know you, yakkue, milena and Mono are pretty cool gals. I would definitely sports a Domo avatar for yakkue.

Also, "maybe" ouch.
i understood nothing about this post

Shadownet

Banned

I'm sorry I'm not very good with words. It does get lost in translation most of the time from my brain to my fingers.

Btw, guys Witcher 3 is 20% off AND still region-free. Please get it now if you're planning on it.

iosefe

i wouldn't recommend it lol

i'm happier when i don't play it i think

less stress and i feel like spending time playing indie games or story-centric games is more of my thing

like i love thinking about lol design wise but i've probably reached my skill peak and so it's not becoming more interesting to play i feel

---

they had some really great world building, lore, music, etc. i've spent 778 hours playing LoL, and have peaked at bronze 1 and put about 30 bucks into the game. but i think my time is over, because i have become a filthy casual

---

and you never will

Parsnip

I was told that there are no girly girls on the internets.

Anyone played Broken Sword 5, any good?
I just realized that despite being super hype when they kickstarted it, I actually haven't launched it yet. It's maybe time to do so.

edit: Apparently I have idled 20 hours on it though. Overnight idling before idlemaster, those were dark times.

Ruruja

Anyone played Broken Sword 5, any good?
I just realized that despite being super hype when they kickstarted it, I actually haven't launched it yet. It's maybe time to do so.

Hmm, I was also really interested in the game before it launched and I haven't even bought it yet - and I'm a huge fan of BS1 and 2.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm sorry I'm not very good with words. It does get lost in translation most of the time from my brain to my fingers.
what are you translating from

they had some really great world building, lore, music, etc. i've spent 778 hours playing LoL, and have peaked at bronze 1 and put about 30 bucks into the game. but i think my time is over, because i have become a filthy casual
i've spent like 150 bucks or something and played like a billion hours but i think imma move to the sidelines for a while at least

i'm gonna try out the new season tho, some of that stuff looks really fun

Annubis

---

and you never will

Is there a way to see your exact time played?
I'm wondering about mine.

Maniac

Banned
Follow Daisy, she is better than the footprints and/or split up. Two people following Daisy/footsteps, the other two just take a different path.I had a hysteric trapper once. He totally freaked out every three minutes and tried to shoot Daisy.
Lol. Sounds brilliant. I did the same my first match though. XD

guy's a total creep
Aww. <3

big question is always if how many of those devs will remain after evolved is done

oh you can have waifusjust don't be a creep about it :>
do it with style like saoirse
Well, he mentioned that they have numerous programmers and the likes attached on a contractual basis. I don't think any of said inhouse devs are going to disappear, since they're not doing contract work, it'd not even save a lot of money booting them, and the plan for Evolve is to support it for several years if possible. So we'll see I guess. :p
i don't wnana play evolve cos i got super hooked for l4d back in beta days and then i bought it and never enjoyed it again

same happened with payday 2

so like coop shooty games are simply not for me. it's like prolonged exposure to them ruins all the fun for me. i start caring about winning and fall behind with all the latest strats and just stop having fun

what's this even mean

edit: and that's a crazy long list of women you have there. i'm not sure what's scarier, that you can cite them all by memory or if you have a list
Eh, play as the monster. No need to worry about the first person shootering! And does this mean no more jerk vampire zky? :(
And Shadow is definitely crazy. It Is Known. We still love the git though. Atleast I do.

Also, "maybe" ouch.
Gotta say, that list of yours gave me a headache. Too much beauty for one post, init. I think I should waifunize zky though.

Btw, guys Witcher 3 is 20% off AND still region-free. Please get it now if you're planning on it.
Brain is no good, is vey hard. brain is hard. finger is no gut. is hard. git gud.

Oh, speaking of git gud and The Witcher 3; Screw your 20% off. I've preordered the Collectors Edition :p
It may be nerdy as hell, but I fully intend to wear that damn wolf talisman.
To be fair, they threw aaaall of the world building and lore out the window, cause... You know, writing is hard. I can't say I give a damn anymore having switched to Dota anyway. Still, loved the good ole LoL newspaper way back when.

Wow, when I went to sleep I had around $1.50 in my Steam wallet and a bunch of animu cards on the market. When I woke up I had around $1.50 in my Steam wallet and a bunch of animu cards on the market. It's been a while since I've really sold anything on the market, but they are definitely not moving as fast as I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom