• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering...

10 years ago who would have thought that console-games would need patches, crash, have memory leaks, lets you buy Cheats instead of unlocking them etc.
I wonder whats down the line in another 10 years.
Every AAA game has early access for a premium price, goes retail after reaching beta, never leaves beta.

Deitus

I really hope Sunset Overdrive coming to PC is legit. It's the only Xbone game I'm interested in that hasn't yet come to PC.

Ruruja

OVsFWqC.gif

I highly doubt it though.

Grief.exe

I really hope Sunset Overdrive coming to PC is legit. It's the only Xbone game I'm interested in that hasn't yet come to PC.

It would fit the past precedent set by Dead Rising 3 and Ryse, with Insomniac owning the IP and Microsoft publishing. The only difference may be Microsoft pursing a sequel due to Sunset's critical success.

There were also some port rumors prior to release

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=919309

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Now to play the waiting game.
My Dragon Age Inquistion preload is done.
Just hope the PC version has no big issues at launch.

well - at least you can already listen to the soundtrack :)
(if you got the super-duper-give-us-moar-monies edition)

Jawmuncher

If there was, it would've been pointed out. At worst, Dragon Age Keep won't handle the traffic, that's it.

There's been a few new driver updates since then for nvidia.
Thus I hope it's not a DR3 fiasco where we think it should all be fine and then sadness.

well - at least you can already listen to the soundtrack :)
(if you got the super-duper-give-us-moar-monies edition)

Wasn't worth the 5 extra dollars to me.

Maniac

Banned
Following the release of the game, Ubi sent out a survey to test the idea of spinning off Black Flag into its own open-world swashbuckling series, which, if the AssCreed 3-related survey is any indication, means it's going to happen.

Another nice bundle.

Edit: Oh, I confused Freedom Fall with Freedom Planet.
But... How the heck would they get you to climb a tower if they made it a proper swashbuckling series?

... Actually, nevermind. They'd have silly towers placed by ports and harbour towns, ofcourse! :p

Although if it comes to fruition, it might be the first Ubi game I'd purchase since South Park*

*Had a pre-purchase of South Park before THQ went belly-up, so, uh...
I made a thread to all of GAF about cards for MGSV:GZ

If you haven't helped the cause please do so
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=138910921#post138910921

Nothing but good things for everyone if we can get them added.

Already did for the sake of all that is good.

And also for great justice.
the game looks gorgeous compared to the original, and the original was already a resource hog (but that was mostly because it was so janky). Just gotta find out whats killing the frames, its not "advanced physx" cause tht didnt change shit
Eh, it wasn't really janky other than some gameplay and whatnot. It's quite a technical masterpiece, especially in the graphics department, hence why it was used as a benchmark tool more often than Crysis. And it's still used, last I checked! It'll be interesting to see whether the Reduxes'll replace it as a benchmark tool, or something else entirely.
Meh.
Didn't the MS stuff for PC is so hit and miss I won't get excited until it actually gets announced.
Though Sunset has more of a chance than Forza since it's in the same boat as DR3 and Ryse.
A lot of previous "LEIF TAIM EXCLUSIFF" games have been spotted on Amazon before anywhere else, and they've quite often turned out true. I wont get my hopes up though, although I do think I'd enjoy Overdrive quite a bit.
too late ... already posted that on the previous page ;)
image.php

Lashman, beating everyone like the dead ponies and horses that they are.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
lashman, beating everyone like the dead ponies and horses that they are.

how do I do it, you ask? well, it's very simple really - I just have no life whatsoever ... none, nada, zip ;)

also - it's 'lashman' (with a lowercase 'L'), not 'Lashman'

Every XSeed game I own got an update, what was that about?

Honestly, how can you even feel old if you are 26 and you have around 40-50 years of life ahead. :p

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
It would fit the past precedent set by Dead Rising 3 and Ryse, with Insomniac owning the IP and Microsoft publishing. The only difference may be Microsoft pursing a sequel due to Sunset's critical success.

There were also some port rumors prior to release

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=919309

Critical success?
Do you mean in terms of review scores?
Cause I was just reading something the other day about how terrible the sales have been.

Jawmuncher

Every XSeed game I own got an update, what was that about?
Honestly, how can you even feel old if you are 26 and you have around 40-50 years of life ahead. :p

We must be getting a cross game cross over for all xseed games.

Sexually suggestive? I know it stirs things in me that I don't quite understand.

I guess. I know of one thing it relates to.
Just odd i'm allowed to have it everywhere no issues except for in community discussion.

Is Muncherc some sort of slang?

Muching on a Carpet is the only slang I know of.

Did Jawmuncher make this game?

8tyN4od.png

!

I need to buy this now.
Must support my fellow dinosaur lovers dream.

Maniac

Banned
how do I do it, you ask? well, it's very simple really - I just have no life whatsoever ... none, nada, zip ;)

also - it's 'lashman' (with a lowercase 'L'), not 'Lashman'

Hush now, you magnificent bastard. I like proper grammar.
Wanker <3

zkylon

zkylewd
Does anyone here even like otome besides me?
i like it

No mod replies, I've updated the final version of the Steam News thread, a few of you raised some pointers including Morningbus who summarised some very good points on how discussions should go forward in the new thread, a link-back has been posted to here.

I'll probably post this within 30 minutes as it seems fine, have a check:
sad to have gotten to that but good luck

hope it puts an end to all the complaining so saoirse can be herself again

This looks charming and interesting, wishlisted
i dunno why but i can't get over the rpgmakerness of rpg maker games

MRORANGE

If that's where we're supposed to post news and where we're supposed to discuss Steam-related topics from now on, what purpose is this thread supposed to serve again?

- there is nothing stopping you posting news here.
- there is nothing stopping you posting steam discussions here.
- it's up to to people who post in this thread to dictate what this thread is about.
- it's still a Steam thread first most, anything else has been tagged along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom