• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

It seems silly to follow two threads, period. The whole point of this seems to be to demote this thread to nonessential status, so that news and discussion of news will all take place elsewhere.

dear Tellaerin, we are in community, there is no even more nonessential status, no? (><)
You don't need to follow two threads, all news will be posted here too, I'm sure. multiple times even, as it always were.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 24 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Gods vs. Humans -- MB-AA39C3815F54DAD7 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Worms Armageddon -- MB-3DFB75F0208B0465 - Taken by Andrefpvs
Ku: Shroud of the Morrigan -- MB-626C768249E17B1D - Taken by Htown
Worms Pinball -- MB-F9D672D3DB82C5DC - Taken by fuzzy123
Worms Crazy Golf -- MB-5D27D8DD7FE2537A
Squishy the Suicidal Pig -- MB-1E009184330DFE5F - Taken by user237
Freedom Fall -- MB-84D914AFC15B6052 - Taken by madjoki
Metro 2033 -- MB-B804BD9ED72BC236 - Taken by Pranay_
Battle Group 2 -- MB-33F780CA8BEFA213 - Taken by Kurt Russell
Worms Blast -- MB-1DB20E1175774D09 - Taken by Maniac
Euro Truck Simulator 2 -- MB-A5A83C9762B37001 - Taken by Kuroyume
Supreme Commander Gold Edition -- MB-6DA24B0A42B5001C - Taken by MillionStabs
Worms Revolution Gold -- MB-B908EB469EEBE550 - Taken by alr1ght
Jagged Alliance 1 Gold Edition -- MB-779B3D20321E397F - Taken by Majukun
Full Mojo Rampage -- MB-3C17484C7AD600F8 - Taken by pupo
Always Sometimes Monsters -- MB-68D0233A07FC3BA4 - Taken by darkchewie
Ancients of Ooga -- MB-1C2708329F289D48 - Taken by spindoctor
Angvik -- MB-B7865B361896D6CD - Taken by WinterDemons
Worms -- MB-405BDE7BC3ADEC7E - Taken by bobnowhere
Vanguard Princess -- MB-CABAF9C84B6A9268 - Taken by Messiah
t1cxE6r.gif
Blackguards -- MB-395BCAC403C2D28B - Taken by Khronico
Eador: Masters of the Broken World -- MB-3C914298A46A2C84 - Taken by provista
Deep Hunter 2: Deep Dive -- MB-A3C760E74AC94838 - Taken by Catshade
Superfrog HD -- MB-94FD118CAF59BEFC - Taken by electroflame

Nzyme32

Are people going to be crossposting news items here as well? It seems silly to have to follow two threads on the same subject..

I think we should see how it goes first. It works both ways, things posted here get posted there and vice versa. There are people that will stick with one and others will stick to the norm or bounce between them. Just do what feels best to you.

Khronico

I tried to play Divinity 2 today and it just doesn't click with me. I have no idea why but I'm not enjoying it at all. I might have to just drop it, although it hasn't diminished my interest in OS.

On a related note, do OS and Divinity 2 take place in the same universe?

Do ANY of the Divinity games take place in the same universe?

I tried to play Divinity 2 today and it just doesn't click with me. I have no idea why but I'm not enjoying it at all. I might have to just drop it, although it hasn't diminished my interest in OS.

Yes, but OS is set in a time before Divinity 2.

Omega

Banned
i find it hilarious fighting game threads are still in gaming. There's one each week when NOTHING happens. There's almost no news. nothing. It's essentially the Ultra SFIV OT community and Ultimate MvC3 community posting together in the same thread.

i guess Shouta has higher standing on this site than Zeliard..

I tried to play Divinity 2 today and it just doesn't click with me.
It takes a little while to get going. Once it gets going, though, it really gets going. I've played it twice now (the original and the director's cut/special name version) and it was consistently good both times I played it.

It has it's fair share of jank, but if you can get past the first 5 or so hours of hanging around the starting area doing quests it'll really open up after that.

Lain

Weird, I have Frozen synapse on Steam but I didn't receive a 50% off coupon for Prime and when looking under my account licenses and subs, only the Frozen Synapse Red DLC shows up searching. I wonder why is that.

I have to say a lot of the missions in VC are really trial and error missions. You first do the mission, learn the position of enemies that can be harmful and then retry the mission because you took the wrong classes with you.

And especially in mission 7. The enemy has all CP stored up when the chick with the lance comes. I had a lot of my soldiers standing right at the point where she arrived with all the other guys, because who knew where she would arrive and she killed them all...

Nzyme32

Weird, I have Frozen synapse on Steam but I didn't receive a 50% off coupon for Prime and when looking under my account licenses and subs, only the Frozen Synapse Red DLC shows up searching. I wonder why is that.

Exact same situation here, and I have no idea why. It was one of the earliest Steam games I got as well. No one else other than you seems to have mentioned it, that I have seen so far

Volimar

I have to say a lot of the missions in VC are really trial and error missions. You first do the mission, learn the position of enemies that can be harmful and then retry the mission because you took the wrong classes with you.

And especially in mission 7. The enemy has all CP stored up when the chick with the lance comes. I had a lot of my soldiers standing right at the point where she arrived with all the other guys, because who knew where she would arrive and she killed them all...

Absolutely agree. I've only failed once so far, but I've gotten some bad grades on some of my missions. Still really fun game.

You can always order some soldiers to retreat and bring new ones next turn. That helps with the wrong classes thing.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Yes, but the titles are scattered in time so the stories do not necessarily overlap. Dragon Commander occurs first, followed by Original Sin.

You can always order some soldiers to retreat and bring new ones next turn. That helps with the wrong classes thing.

I know that but then I waste CP.

Its just that sometimes the stages I encountered so far seem like you should know about what happens later.

Like in the first forest mission, a tank just spawns at the station.
Then in the desert mission, the chick just spawns and can take out everyone in just turn she encounters.

Playing Burnout and Grid on the PC makes me long for a controller to use as I'm not accustomed to playing racing games with keyboard. And for some reason my playtime of Euro truck isn't appearing on my profile.

My DS3's aren't working so I have to ask: What's the better controller for racing games? a DS3, DS4, Xbox 360 or a Xbox 1 controller. The racing wheels are extremely rare and expensive in my country so I'll just settle with a controller.
image.php

Hell yeah!
I might dip into the forza game since I haven't played any game from the series but will wait for reviews of the PC version for sunset overdrive.

Grief.exe

I bit
jZcBeYuCkU8q7.PNG

Now what do i do?

Try out Far Cry 2 and let me know how it goes. I've heard so many compelling things about that game and I've always wanted to try it out, just picked it up myself today.

Play Valkyria Chronicles.

Or this.

I never take these postings seriously, especially Amazon's. There is rarely any oversight over there and store pages are just randomly tossed about.

Jawmuncher

Or with your sis.

Ryze would've been so much better if it were named Cryse.

I googled what's that supposed to mean regarding your first sentence.
I decided to go with the funniest GIF there even though it has no context to this or anything really.

-------------------------

Steam Stuff for top of page.
Maybe you should help get cards added to MGSV:GZ

I made a thread to all of GAF about cards for MGSV:GZ

If you haven't helped the cause please do so
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=138910921#post138910921

Nothing but good things for everyone if we can get them added.

No mod replies, I've updated the final version of the Steam News thread, a few of you raised some pointers including Morningbus who summarised some very good points on how discussions should go forward in the new thread, a link-back has been posted to here.

I'll probably post this within 30 minutes as it seems fine, have a check:

Now that's live, I still don't understand. If I want to comment on something, I have to cross post to this thread to discuss it?

I bit
jZcBeYuCkU8q7.PNG

Now what do i do?

play FC3.

Moar PAYDIZZLE 2, bruh.

or this.....

I was just wondering...

10 years ago who would have thought that console-games would need patches, crash, have memory leaks, lets you buy Cheats instead of unlocking them etc.
I wonder whats down the line in another 10 years.

Lain

Are people going to be crossposting news items here as well? It seems silly to have to follow two threads on the same subject..

I am more curious if people are going to crosspost their discussions posts about news items that are crossposted in both threads, because I can already feel the split discussions about the same items posted in both threads.

Exact same situation here, and I have no idea why. It was one of the earliest Steam games I got as well. No one else other than you seems to have mentioned it, that I have seen so far

Ah, at least I'm not the only one. It's a weird situation.

You can have mine if you want.

It's OK, I wouldn't have used the coupon. Not receiving it just made me wonder why and trying a quick look at my account to see if it was because I might have gotten it from a bundle instead of the Steam store made me find out that the game doesn't even show up under my account licenses.

Maybe you got the game in a bundle?

I might have gotten it from humblebundle, but it should still show up under my account license stuff, shouldn't it? The fact it doesn't show up there while the game is in my library and works is what I find weird.

Pachimari

So when I play games on my PC I have everything set to Ultra but should I also optimize with the things I find in the Nvidia GeForce Experience software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom