• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
If that's where we're supposed to post news and where we're supposed to discuss Steam-related topics from now on, what purpose is this thread supposed to serve again?

I'm not sure how many share my opinion but I'd ultimately want this thread renamed to the PC Community thread because that more accurately reflects its content.

This thread has gotten away with calling itself the Steam thread only by the virtue of Steam being the dominant platform on PC. It'd be fun to compare the number of Origin/GOG/uPlay posts to marketshare and see if there is a correlation.

Of course this doesn't explain the handheld tangents, but man cannot subsist on bread alone, I suppose.

I'm so upset. Any skill I had at Vanquish basically vanished since I haven't played shooters on consoles in like a year.

Mouse and keyboard would be so good for that game, not to mention HD...

whoa ... looks like Jim Sterling went full-on indie :) AWESOME news!! :)

Edit: ... and a video announcement to go with it :)

Now I'm very curious to know what happened to prompt this. He mentioned on Twitter a few days ago that AC Unity would be the first AC game he was reviewing since his infamous 4/10 AC2 review.

Then a few hours before the embargo was up, he tweeted that his review wouldn't go up for unspecified reasons. That tweet I believe was deleted. He did criticize the game a bit on Twitter when the embargo was up, but I can't seem to find any Escapist review for the game at all.

Given how bad the game turned out, I'm wondering if Jim was especially harsh on it and that did not go down well with the Escapist management.

Ozium

Jim Sterling the king of hating on Steam Greenlight and Early Access is now offering his fans to give him money up front for an unfinished product?

top kek

Tecl0n

Jim Sterling the king of hating on Steam Greenlight and Early Access is now offering his fans to give him money up front for an unfinished product?

top kek

the slaughtering grounds developer was a misunderstood revolutionary. we were blind damn it.

Turfster

Wish Dreamfall on Steam went for the GOG sale price
(currently 80% off with a much lower MSRP, so it's 2.39€ vs the lowest on Steam so far being 5€).
Yes I just want it all in the same place digitally =p

Phawx

Because I'm an awesome streamer with barely any subscribers I still manage to get stuff. This is the beta for BOID.

Here is a gameplay video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CdyFxOcWsA

Whoever wins, perhaps we can friend up on Steam and play some multiplayer matches.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
no thankey

boid #2 -- MB-D483B0D72513A73C - Taken by HalfwayOrb
boid -- MB-7A58B027776036D9 - Taken by provista

The curiosity is killing me.

Every dev should post their damn patch notes.
7F95BB4BAE8F633AEEF7CB242EA3D4B2BF13B413

Jawmuncher

The Dino Crisis Wikia is bothering the hell out of me right now.
It needs so much fixing but I sure as hell don't know this code to do so.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
People in the forums seem to think they're for DirectX or something.
What a mysterious update.

Yeah. Basically, the games are now set up "properly" as per Valve's recommendations as previously the redists were included in the main content depots whereas now they're separate.

Nabs

I'm really liking the new thread so far. A lot of stuff gets lost here for the average reader, and a slower thread is much easier to follow.

I don't really see the problem with two threads. It's not like things won't be posted in both places.

Hexcells guys.

Hexcells.

Yup. Hexcells Plus is where you'll start writing in all caps.

Tenrius

I need Tabletop Simulator to be in a humble, have a nice sale or a pricing error..

please

I think it's not region locked and I'd actually like to get it as well. So how about a four-pack? I'm in Russia and it's just 799 rubles here, so it would be 199.75 = $4.23 apiece.

Ozium

I think it's not region locked and I'd actually like to get it as well. So how about a four-pack? I'm in Russia and it's just 799 rubles here, so it would be 199.75 = $4.23 apiece.

if it's region locked and I'm not in Russia then how is such a thing possible?

edit: I misread lol... I'm tempted but why don't we wait until Winter? Surely it will be on sale and thus cheaper....

I would also participate

Edit: Oh. It was 50% off one time. Then lets wait till the Autumun sale or Winter :D

Tenrius

if it's region locked and I'm not in Russia then how is such a thing possible?

edit: I misread lol... I'm tempted but why don't we wait until Winter? Surely it will be on sale and thus cheaper....

Well, you said you wanted it now, so I just thought I'd help out. It might get region locked by the Winter sale, who knows. Either way, I don't insist, but one more person just contacted me on Steam about it and that means we have four people already, taking this into account:

I would also participate

Well, you said you wanted it now, so I just thought I'd help out. It might get region locked by the Winter sale, who knows. Either way, I don't insist, but one more person just contacted me on Steam about it and that means we have four people already, taking this into account:

Okay. Then lets buy it? :D

Edit: Can I pay with keys btw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom