• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khronico

I wrote up a quick little recommendation today for ToME. A few hours later a friend messaged me that he saw my recommendation and was going to try it out.

tumblr_lu0md31JmT1qlkglt.png

We could always talk about Dino Crisis.
But no one in SteamGAF has played it in ages.

I finished DC1 earlier this year and loved it. Managed to get under 5 hours the first playthrough too, felt pretty good about it. Been picking away at DC2 on my vita and it's really interesting how... advanced it feels (RUNNING WHILE SHOOTING). It's way less scary but really fun.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
This truly is the era of high tension, high stakes posting.

i really liked that era of survival horror games

resident evil 2, dino crisis, parasite eve 1 and silent hill 1

those were the days

why aren't any of those on steam

Because Capcpom, Capcpom, Square Enix, and Konami, respectively.

Jawmuncher

Look at these amazing old school icons for DC from the PC demo.

untitled3fluz8.png
untitled2m1u1v.png

BOOM 2 emoticons already made for you Capcom for the steam rerelease.

zkylon

zkylewd
My avatar is now an avatar.

stop making me feel old

I would pay full price for Parasite Eve on Steam. It probably wouldn't hold up too well, but whatever.

tbh i think it should hold up awesome

it's tank controls but gameplay is kind of rpgish and you know, prerendered backgrounds

i really really love parasite eve

It's a tragedy no having them up for sale. Those would be instant purchases.
yeah, it's really strange that publishers haven't cashed in on all this free money

i mean it's super duper free, these games have been ported over and over in consoles and there's no way it would be difficult to do pc releases

pubs, pls

This truly is the era of high tension, high stakes posting.
hey we're in community now

might as well reap on the perks

Because Capcpom, Capcpom, Square Enix, and Konami, respectively.
yea i know -_-

Jawmuncher

OH MAN AND THIS OLD SCHOOL LAUNCHER

untitled4eyuqi.png

This is stuff I never even remembered when I played this like once ages ago on PC.
Also the Settings are

Hardware Accelerate On or Off
Rendering On or Off
Filtering On or Off
Sound On or Off
Movie On or Off
Stereo or Mono

Simpler times indeed

Also 640 x 480

FauX

Is there a possibility to bring these games on Steam if fans organize a petition just like the Sega one?

Or is just a plain No because of Capcom, Square-Enix and Konami respectively?

Deitus

I played through Parasite Eve again a couple of years ago, and I felt it held up pretty well. I mean the character models were low poly, and the pre-rendered environments were extremely blurry, especially on an HDTV. But it was still fun to play even a decade plus later, and the story was the perfect balance of intriguing and bat-shit insane.

Then I played The Third Birthday right after. That game is ass. What a tragedy that the series disappeared for such a long time, only to come back with that garbage.

Square Enix needs to port the first two games to PC, and pretend the last one never existed.

Jawmuncher

jaw do you have dx6 dunno if you can run this

I'm able to run it everything fine aside from the video files which have sound but won't play.
Game is locked to a really weird 31 FPS though. Will cut capcom some slack. This would need a little work for a rerelease but considering the base game runs fine basically a lot of work alone is already basically done.

Is there a possibility to bring these games on Steam if fans organize a petition just like the Sega one?

All i know is capcom had a suggestion box and i remember making one.Not sure if it still exist though, it's been a while.

zkylon

zkylewd
OH MAN AND THIS OLD SCHOOL LAUNCHER

untitled4eyuqi.png

This is stuff I never even remembered when I played this like once ages ago on PC.
Also the Settings are

Hardware Accelerate On or Off
Rendering On or Off
Filtering On or Off
Sound On or Off
Movie On or Off
Stereo or Mono

Simpler times indeed

Also 640 x 480

oh dang i didn't know they actually made a pc version

that's cray

I played through Parasite Eve again a couple of years ago, and I felt it held up pretty well. I mean the character models were low poly, and the pre-rendered environments were extremely blurry, especially on an HDTV. But it was still fun to play even a decade plus later, and the story was the perfect balance of intriguing and bat-shit insane.

Then I played The Third Birthday right after. That game is ass. What a tragedy that the series disappeared for such a long time, only to come back with that garbage.

Square Enix needs to port the first two games to PC, and pretend the last one never existed.
yea, aya was a pretty cool character too. it was like the first time i ever saw a videogame character be on a date and then she's like a kickass cop that fights demons and can use magic and takes sexy showers

i didn't care much for pe2 either

i really like the gameplay in 1, i think they really had something there with the real time attack dodging with turn based actions

Honestly I'd much rather have a DC1&2 Remaster over RE. I wasn't a big fan of RE before 4.

why not all of them!

MoonGred

I'm sure one of you guys is still in need of a key

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MoonGred, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Insurgency -- MB-A95DAED5B97FB887 - Taken by gaiadyne

Ozium

Jawmuncher the sound wont work because of the type of file they are and how older dx versions used weird formats, there's a way to mod it to get them to work

max payne 1 had the same issue for me and was easily fixed

Jawmuncher the sound wont work because of the type of file they are and how older dx versions used weird formats, there's a way to mod it to get them to work

max payne 1 had the same issue for me and was easily fixed
sound works fine for me.even in 1080p in the option menu.

Tizoc

Yo jaw, you should post in the Capcom Unity forum about the PC ver.
...and mention BoF4 PC too while you're at it.

Jawmuncher

Look at these wallpapers from back in the day.
I can't believe capcom/port team had the time to make a windows theme, this is nuts.
It's like christmas right now.

As I have said before this is all stuff I have never seen before.

Yo jaw, you should post in the Capcom Unity forum about the PC ver.
...and mention BoF4 PC too while you're at it.

I'll make a thread here and on capcom unity in the morning.
Just going to finish digging out the goodies.

Why does Rebecca look so weird in DC2?

They wanted her more american.

if a working PC version exists then why doesn't CACPCOM put it on outhttp://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xOhRj-3jFFI Steam or even, dare I say... GOG
make a suggestion to capcom.i told grief to do one like he did for sega.or us here we can set something up and get something going.

Ozium

I can't believe capcom/port team had the time to make a windows theme, this is nuts.

Why does Rebecca look so weird in DC2?

zkylon

zkylewd
if a working PC version exists then why doesn't CACPCOM put it on out Steam or even, dare I say... GOG

well, you know, japan's been busy this past couple of years trying to "figure it out"

(well that's not entirely fair but you know, capcom and konami and square enix have been like, pretty confused i'd say lol)

I'll make a thread here and on capcom unity in the morning.
Just going to finish digging out the goodies.

They wanted her more american.
interesting.never noticed those.they are nice too , especially the middle one.

Kuroyume

Banned

Unless a steam port sells 3,000,000 Capcom isn't doing anything.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
if a working PC version exists then why doesn't CACPCOM put it on out Steam or even, dare I say... GOG

The issue is ensuring they work across a variety of modern systems. Most of GOG's "work" consists of either setting up DOSBox or applying community patches.

Jawmuncher

Here are all the icons from the theme related to Dino Crisis.

untitled11jis6d.png
untitled2qks03.png
untitled3qysew.png
untitled4ptsgd.png
untitled5d3s21.png
untitled6uys9r.png
untitled7q0sec.png
untitled8g2skj.png
untitled9qfs6d.png

Also the .dat sound files work just fine here as well even when changed to .ogg

Status
Not open for further replies.