• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

DC2 has support already to 1920 x 1080
However the backgrounds since they went back to pre-rendered for this look bad.
That fact alone DC1 would be the over all easier job that would hold up as well.

ffc5ucm.png

Also the main menu and video once again would not load for whatever reason.
But once again gameplay and in game cutscenes are fine.
Main Menu will work if you select load and back out.

Here are all the icons from the theme related to Dino Crisis.

untitled11jis6d.png
untitled2qks03.png
untitled3qysew.png
untitled4ptsgd.png
untitled5d3s21.png
untitled6uys9r.png
untitled7q0sec.png
untitled8g2skj.png
untitled9qfs6d.png

Also the .dat sound files work just fine here as well even when changed to .ogg
wow that is old school.i remember games back then did that.icons for your my computer,recycle bin,docs,etc.that was fun and i use to look forward to games icons for them. lol at who they used for the recycle bin.

Miguel81

This would probably look better with a lower rez(1024x768). 4:3 native and the polys wouldn't stand out so much. Also, I was half-expecting the backgrounds to be pixelated but they're actually filtered. Consider me surprised by this.

The issue is ensuring they work across a variety of modern systems. Most of GOG's "work" consists of either setting up DOSBox or applying community patches.

When I tried Thief Gold, it was surprising to have everything patched up nicely and with widescreen support to boot.

This DC2 demo is apparently 45 minutes.
Which is pretty generous considering the game can be beaten in 3.

Downloading the demo from Gamershell just to give it a spin.

Jawmuncher

With all of these developments today.
Actually going to tweet the VA for Regina and see if she can talk about the role.

Just sent her the tweet.
If all goes well it's about to be Dino Crisis City on Neogaf.

KScorp

Insurgency giveaway, from the current Humble Jumbo Bundle 3. First 3 people to redeem it will receive a key. Quote post to see the gift link:

Disclaimer: I get Full Mojo Rampage for this. Not using Modbot since the same link is used for all three copies.

Jawmuncher

Last thing from me.

untitled21kspb.png

The links don't work.
The game can't seem to figure out how to connect to the internet or to know that I am already online.

zkylon

zkylewd

With all of these developments today.
Actually going to tweet the VA for Regina and see if she can talk about the role.

Just sent her the tweet.
If all goes well it's about to be Dino Crisis City on Neogaf.
Developments? Did I miss something?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
so we can't post significant game updates in the steam news thread?
I don't think game updates should be posted unless they're particularly significant, such as Steamworks betas for GFWL games. With ~4,000 titles, posting regular day-to-day game updates would quickly get in the way of what people are primarily here for (notable deals).

Has anyone else had some performance issues with Shadow Warrior? Im currently playing on Medium on a semi decent computer and run through some frame rate dips every now and again. Its fucking great but I always get a little salty when I hit a red barrel causing a multitude of explosions and the framerate just dies.

abracadaver

I might format today (switch to windows 8.1 from 7)

How do I easily backup my steam savegames?

I have steam games installed on drive C and E. Will steam recognize the games on drive E or do I have to redownload them after reinstalling steam?

JaseC

I might format today (switch to windows 8.1 from 7)

How do I easily backup my steam savegames?

I have steam games installed on drive C and E. Will steam recognize the games on drive E or do I have to redownload them after reinstalling steam?

Just back up your entire steamapps folder.

JaseC

External HDD

That or just move the C:\ steamapps folder to the E:\ drive and then combine the two (unless he wants to keep them separate, in which case just put it elsewhere on the drive). As for saves, use GameSave Manager.

Basically, when backing up Steam installations, you want to keep the app manifest files in the root of the steamapps folder and of course the installation folders in the common folder. That's why it's easier to just move the entire steamapps folder out of harm's way.

Miguel81

aol was awesome,whats wrong?

It was before my parents switched over to Optimum Broadband, and after that there was no looking back. AOL was good for meeting local girls, though. ;)

who uses dvds these days anyways

big ass hdd and copy.com is all i ever need

I got one Blu-ray Burner and it's only used for movies because it saves me having to get a standalone. If not for flicks, I wouldn't need a drive at all. HDD fo' lyfe.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this Whisper of a Rose looks pretty, doesnt look like your typical rpgmaker game. was it bundled and we are due a key from anyware?

zkylon

zkylewd
It was before my parents switched over to Optimum Broadband, and after that there was no looking back. AOL was good for meeting local girls, though. ;)
i remember making like a art wall thing with free aol cds that they gave out at the mall

i had like hundreds of them and would cut them into pieces and draw on them and do all sorts of silly things with those stupid cds

I got one Blu-ray Burner and it's only used for movies because it saves me having to get a standalone. If not for flicks, I wouldn't need a drive at all. HDD fo' lyfe.
i just crunchyroll/netflix

i do buy a lot of music cds tho, those are pretty cool

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
i remember making like a art wall thing with free aol cds that they gave out at the mall

i had like hundreds of them and would cut them into pieces and draw on them and do all sorts of silly things with those stupid cds

I used most of those aol trials to get free internet for like a year after I convinced my parents to get a second phone line.

We were so naive in those days.

I should get an external Blu ray because my dad hogs the tv watching Spanish TV.

zkylon

zkylewd
now i kinda want to play that orange juice game :/

I used most of those aol trials to get free internet for like a year after I convinced my parents to get a second phone line.

We were so naive in those days.

I should get an external Blu ray because my dad hogs the tv watching Spanish TV.

i never really understood how the aol thing worked here in argieland, i don't even know what aol is or how it works or know anyone that ever used it

Miguel81

Ya, I had a decent pile of those things. It was the Xlive of it's time, and I remember some of the gaming chat sections. Trollish behavior still existed back then but not in the same quantity that we get today. Thankfully GAF is strictly moderated.

I'm not heavy on netflix, usually just collect Blu rays. I'm still waiting for Korra Season 3 Blu ray to release. The image/sound on those is terrific, and I LIKED Season 2. Not much of a music collector. YT has a lot of what I like(80s and retro videogame music).

tumblr_n9o8jkohsA1tib7mso1_400.gif

Fuck the slow as shit SF4, I want this high octane level action.

I did a giveaway for SF4, but it's rather slow and visually repelling isn't it? SF3 has such a great visual style and it's a shame that it's STILL not on Steam. Capcom, Konami, and SE are sitting on some fine games and they should be made available.

Vuze

Far Cry 4 PC performance seems to be quite legit based on what players of the "leaked" version report. The shipped on-disc version of the game apparently lacks a working minimap tho and has faulty AA and AO... geez. Two (apparently day-one) patches are confirmed tho, let's hope that will fix it.

Far Cry® 4 v1.2.0
################################################################################

Added ability to change FOV scaling.
Added nVidia GeForce Experience support.
Fixed various controls issues
Fixed various Graphic issues
Fixed various IGE issues
Fixed various Multi-GPU issues
Fixed various Multi-Monitor issues
Fixed various UI issues
Playing a map from Map Browser two times now don’t trigger an Error.
Skills, Crafting and Progress Menu now cannot be accessed while playing a created map.

################################################################################
Ubisoft Entertainment
Far Cry® 4 v1.1.0

Fixed crash in IGE.
Fixed an issue with incorrect characters in map naming.
Fixed screen tearing when performing a handgun takedown.
Fixed various controls issues
Fixed various Graphic issues
Fixed various IGE issues
Fixed various localization issues
Fixed various Multi-GPU issues
Fixed various Multi-Monitor issues
Fixed various multiplayer issues
Fixed various sound issues
Fixed various UI issues
Fixed various Uplay Actions issues
Fixed various Uplay Rewards issues
Saved maps from IGE and Downloaded now can be opened in the Editor from in-game.
Skills, Crafting and Progress Menu now cannot be accessed in Arena.
The game now boot if the game folder name contains Cyrillic characters.
The game now boot on Korean localization.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ya, I had a decent pile of those things. It was the Xlive of it's time, and I remember some of the gaming chat sections. Trollish behavior still existed back then but not in the same quantity that we get today. Thankfully GAF is strictly moderated.

I'm not heavy on netflix, usually just collect Blu rays. I'm still waiting for Korra Season 3 Blu ray to release. The image/sound on those is terrific, and I LIKED Season 2. Not much of a music collector. YT has a lot of what I like(80s and retro videogame music).

i just like the booklets and looking at the case, reading the lyrics while music plays and all that. i also really like going to record stores cos i always end up finding cool new stuff

there's a magic to the whole physical thing that just buying everything on steam lacks, tho i don't really miss it for games since i don't care too much for boxes in games for some reason

It's fun playing it with friends :D
winterdemons just gifted me a copy (thanks again) so i'll see about joining next time

looks like a board game and i love board games. and anime

Far Cry 4 PC performance seems to be quite legit based on what players of the "leaked" version report. The shipped on-disc version of the game apparently lacks a working minimap tho and has faulty AA and AO... geez. Two (apparently day-one) patches are confirmed tho, let's hope that will fix it.

That's interesting. I wonder if day one patches have become part of an anti piracy strategy similar to those sometimes funny game breaking bugs that developers sometimes build into their games.

Ozium

how is Worms Ultimate Mayhem?

I've never played a 3D Worms game
that was good

edit: you ever want to play a game but don't know what to play? :( and steam roulette never works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom