• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Tenrius asked me to repost this while he was asleep. Come one folks, it's only $4!

In other disturbing news, EA has decided not to sell Dragon Age Inquisition in my country (India).

It's not a 100% clear which law they are afraid of violating, but the current theory is that it's because of the depiction of homosexuality in the game. If this is true then I don't know what to say except that it's one of those times I am truly ashamed of my government. I can't blame EA for doing this although odds are it would not even have been noticed if they had released it. I personally wasn't even interested in this game but this happening is just really sad.

Get it from amazon.com when it goes on sale.

So EA is not interested in making the game in accordance with the law, that's gonna hurt them in the pockets.

Edit: If its because of homosexuality, EA can remove those content and make the game available in India. But if they don't, that means EA probably doesn't care.

Don't publishers remove/modify content in Germany and Australia to be in accordance with the law?

I'm choosing to put the blame for this squarely on the medieval laws that are being violated instead of the company that is supposedly at fault (they're not).

And yea, I believe they do modify content for Germany and Australia. Can't really blame them for not doing it for India which is a very small market.

Get it from amazon.com when it goes on sale.

As I mentioned, I'm not particularly interested in the game. There's also the question of whether EA locks down activation or even playing the game from here and if Origin even supports that functionality (something like Steam's OARIC flag).

Xanathus

Really only a question for people obsessed with collectibles, but in Far Cry 3 what is the payoff for collecting all of the idols? (That is, outside of the intrinsic one)

Collecting 30 will unlock two signature weapons and the Untouchable recipe. 60 gets you a Uplay achievement! I actually got 100% achievements in FC3.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, but there also games that are banned or not coming out at all. Like Dead Rising 3 or Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

So that would mean Indian customers will need to activate and play the game over VPN.

When the world is tuning to India Origin Store via VPN for prices, it'd be the reverse where people in India would need to set VPN bounce via other countries to play Dragon Age Inquisition on Origins.

World - VPN -> India Origin Store (for all other games for lower price $$.$$)
India - VPN -> xxxxx country Origin Store (for Dragon Age Inquisition)

Maniac

Banned
Someday, he'll tell us why he hates the capital L so much...

Someday... Somehow... He's gonna make it alright, but not right now.
Grab an ASUS/Gigabyte/MSI 970 and overclock it. The price gulf between the two is disproportionate to the performance difference.
Sooooo... I should buy that 970 or 980?
I'll be damned. I really kind of want to replace my 780 (despite it still going strong) but if there isn't any higher memory versions coming anytime soon, then I wont. I wish Nvidia wasn't so fucking stingy with their memory... Can't wait for Pascal or whatever comes next. Gib rams.

Grief.exe

It is like.... Don't starve. Except side scrolling and no monsters. You have to manage a base group of the people plus a base. They get hungry hurt and depressed. You can build stuff and improve your base at the costs of whatever resource it needs. Which you gather yourself in random locations. There is hostile npcs.

One location I was actually stealing while people where camped there.

Sorry best thing I could think of. The locations seem to be randomized since all of my four plays where all different.

I lasted 31 days. When you lose all you start over.

Whoa, that sounds really cool. I loved Don't Starve as well, so this May be right up my alley.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Collecting 30 will unlock two signature weapons and the Untouchable recipe. 60 gets you a Uplay achievement! I actually got 100% achievements in FC3.

Hey, thanks! I was ambivalent about spending the time to collect them if there wasn't going to be a tangibletangible set of rewards.

Ruruja

I received a 25% off Whisper of a Rose at some point in the last few hours (I just woke up). I don't know if everybody got one or maybe it's because I added it to my wishlist (don't know if they can do that).

Either way, it stacks on top of the current 25% off so you can get it for £3.93.

EDIT: That said I'm not interested in buying it at the moment, so if somebody didn't get this voucher but wants to buy the game, let me know.

Anteater

I've taken too many screenshots of fang, I better spread them out so it doesn't get awkward *uploads random pictures of snow inbetween*

tumblr_n9o8jkohsA1tib7mso1_400.gif

Fuck the slow as shit SF4, I want this high octane level action.

while i agree , i also think that it would be good if they did a balance update to the game and then release that on steam
buff sean plz i want 2nd impact sean back :v

So guys I never upgraded my graphics card as I've mentioned several times but I got a few questions about nividia.

1) judging from past cards releases, what is a good estimation of when they'll release a 970 with 8gb of ram, also what advantages does the extra 4 GB of ram offer?
2) also, any educated guesses on how much it'll be?
Sucks that Indians have to jump through hoops to play a game, censorship is the worst, and region lock a close second.
I agree, censorship is definitely the worst thing ever when it comes to media. Very frustrating when someone's vision is censored cause of DA CHILDREN or someone's feelings might be hurt.

So guys I never upgraded my graphics card as I've mentioned several times but I got a few questions about nividia.

1) judging from past cards releases, what is a good estimation of when they'll release a 970 with 8gb of ram, also what advantages does the extra 4 GB of ram offer?
2) also, any educated guesses on how much it'll be?

8GB versions won't be released any time soon, if at all, since the demand is very high for current cards. The extra RAM would offer advantages for higher resolutions and textures. If they were to come out, they would cost around $50-150 more I think?

8GB versions won't be released any time soon, if at all, since the demand is very high for current cards. The extra RAM would offer advantages for higher resolutions and textures. If they were to come out, they would cost around $50-150 more I think?
Ah okay thank you :) if that's the case I guess I'll just get a 970 when I get the cash. Unless you know, several rumors start up about the 8gb version cause you know where there's smoke there's fire

Momentary

Banned
It's fun playing it with friends :D

tumblr_n9o8jkohsA1tib7mso1_400.gif

Fuck the slow as shit SF4, I want this high octane level action.

It's superior to SFIV in everyway. Gameplay, music, and art direction. SFIV brought nothing original to the table worth a damn. All the good songs are remixed versions from previous games. They were afraid to try out a fresh cast from the beginning. Relying on old school favorites to sell the game (I don't blame them for doing that). They punish you for using links and missing one frame from people mashing out specials supers and ultras during their mother flipping AUTOBLOCK.

As for SF3, I don't know how parries would work unless they went with GGPO on Steam. But man I would love to see some of the faces of people trying to mash out of hit strings on this game only to realize that if they let go of block the get steamrolled.

I know it's out of date, but once BBCSE hits and if it has a decent amount of concurrent players I will never be seen again on that game.

Sarcasm

oh its not a story thing? damn...well, it was pretty cheap since russia + card money. Ill give it a try later when im done with wolf among us

speaking of, the more I play of wolf, the more I regret not getting Walking Dead S2 when it was 50%. oh well, it will come around again

There is some story..very small ones.

Hey if you don't want it yea can gift it to my account! I been playing it on my friends.

Li Kao

I see some people talking about This war of mine for x keys. Has the whole Steam is now 99% region locked thing been reverted or is it an exception ?

Did anybody of you remember the game Starbound?

Its still unfinished and didnt got an real update (Non Beta/Alpha/Nightly update) in years...

Edit: Terraria 2 will probably come out before Starbound gets another update.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
and done with Wolf AMong Us. really liked it, maybe more than Walking Dead S1, not sure, its very different. Kinda want to check out the books now. And really want to play Walking Dead S2. Anyway, on to something else

Its still unfinished and didnt got an real update (Non Beta/Alpha/Nightly update) in years...

Starbound is like a tease of what Terraria 2 will be at this point.

That game started off so promising - I can't believe how badly they mishandled a Terraria-esque development path. Instead of starting as a whole game and growing from there, Starbound started as an alpha and has remained an alpha... unless you opt-in to the slightly less alpha nightly patches.

There's a reason for Terraria's success, and the patches were a big part of it. It wasn't handled like an Early Access game - it was more like extended, post-release support that added whole feature after whole feature.

On a whim this morning, I converted my BF2 and 2142 retail copies to digital on my Origin account. I tried back in February on a legacy activate.ea.com site since these are old games before Origin, but it never worked and I gave up.

I was happily surprised with EA\Origin customer support, and they even provided a one time use 15% off coupon code for the Origin Store as a thank you for my wait time (~20 minutes to get to a rep on Live Chat). My impression of Origin has improved a bit.
Still, long live Gaben.

Starbound is like a tease of what Terraria 2 will be at this point.

That game started off so promising - I can't believe how badly they mishandled a Terraria-esque development path. Instead of starting as a whole game and growing from there, Starbound started as an alpha and has remained an alpha... unless you opt-in to the slightly less alpha nightly patches.

There's a reason for Terraria's success, and the patches were a big part of it. It wasn't handled like an Early Access game - it was more like extended, post-release support that added whole feature after whole feature.

I just hope that the game comes out... someday.

On a whim this morning, I converted my BF2 and 2142 retail copies to digital on my Origin account. I tried back in February on a legacy activate.ea.com site since these are old games before Origin, but it never worked and I gave up.

I was happily surprised with EA\Origin customer support, and they even provided a one time use 15% off coupon code for the Origin Store as a thank you for my wait time (~20 minutes to get to a rep on Live Chat). My impression of Origin has improved a bit.
Still, long live Gaben.

Origin's support is actually really good and usually quite quick. I had retail copies of Mass Effect, Crysis and Command and Conquer 3, they activated those games no problem for me.

Sendou

Still, long live Gaben.

Origin's support shits on Steam's from a great height.

Phinor

Didn't get a real update in years? The game entered early access/beta testing less than a year ago. Don't get me wrong, the updates are coming very slowly, but using years as a timescale is wrong at this point.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
well...This War of Mine is fucking awesome, that sure came out of nowhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom