• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
how is Worms Ultimate Mayhem?

I've never played a 3D Worms game
that was good

It's fairly solid. Certainly no Worms Armageddon, but playable and fun in its own right (save for the ninja rope, unless Team17 has since fixed that god-awful camera).

Edit: D'oh.

Miguel81

i just like the booklets and looking at the case, reading the lyrics while music plays and all that. i also really like going to record stores cos i always end up finding cool new stuff

there's a magic to the whole physical thing that just buying everything on steam lacks, tho i don't really miss it for games since i don't care too much for boxes in games for some reason

Understandable, and at my age(33), I'll never stop loving physical collections either. It's taken awhile for a digital future to sink in, but at least Steam does it better than most(nice list, leniency on game removals).

Ozium

It's fairly solid. Certainly no Worms Armageddon, but playable and fun in its own right (save for the ninja rope, unless Team17 has since fixed that god-awful camera).

Edit: D'oh.

D'oh what? Thanks... the only Worms 3D game I played was the very first one and didn't like it, but Ultimate Mayhem looks better and is years older... Might give it an install... is the d'oh for the fact that team17 hasn't fixed the camera?

I basically expect any Worms game that's not 2 or Armageddon to have a shit Ninja Rope anyways

I was supposed to edit that into my previous post but forgot to switch tabs.

oh damn, didn't even notice the double post lol

JaseC

D'oh what? Thanks... the only Worms 3D game I played was the very first one and didn't like it, but Ultimate Mayhem looks better and is years older... Might give it an install... is the d'oh for the fact that team17 hasn't fixed the camera?

I was supposed to edit that into my previous post but forgot to switch tabs.

HT UK

Awhile back I foolishly bought a Russian region locked Steam key for a game (Wolfenstein), added it to my account and have never been able to actually play it.

If I were to buy a EU version of the game, would it let me redeem the key? Or would it error as it thinks I already own the game?

JaseC

Awhile back I foolishly bought a Russian region locked Steam key for a game (Wolfenstein), added it to my account and have never been able to actually play it.

If I were to buy a EU version of the game, would it let me redeem the key? Or would it error as it thinks I already own the game?

You'd first need to ask Valve to remove the current key from your account.

JaseC

Is this something they're ok with? I'm not too keen on bringing to their attention that I used a VPN to activate the key in the first place :(

Yes. It's actually in the SSA:

B. Termination by You

You may cancel your Account at any time. You may cease use of a Subscription at any time or, if you choose, you may request that we terminate your access to a Subscription. However, Subscriptions are not transferable, and even if your access to a Subscription for a particular game or application is terminated, the original activation key will not be able to be registered to any other account, even if the Subscription was obtained in a retail store. Access to Subscriptions purchased as a part of a pack or bundle cannot be terminated individually, termination of access to one game within the bundle will result in termination of access to all games purchased in the pack. Your cancellation of an Account, or your cessation of use of any Subscription or request that access to a Subscription be terminated, will not entitle you to any refund, including of any Subscription fees. Valve reserves the right to collect fees, surcharges or costs incurred prior to the cancellation of your Account or termination of your access to a particular Subscription. In addition, you are responsible for any charges incurred to third-party vendors or content providers before your cancellation.

I finished making dinner, I decided for something inspired by Kitsune Soba.

I know this is offtopic, but I'm really proud how they turned out, so I thought I'd make you hungry.

IMG_20141115_113621_zps7a1f45c9.jpg

We need a japanese foods version of Cook, Serve, Delicious.

Shadownet

Banned
WTF is that? When I have dinner it looks like I'm having a feast, and I haven't eaten in weeks.
Asian people or people living in Asian countries tend to eat smaller portions unless its a celebration or party.

I'm too americanized so I eat like an American.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
holy shit Legend of Korra is terrible. Not only is the game just, well, not very good, its super short, it recycles the same 3 enemies a million times (hey remember that robot boss? youll fight about 10 more fo those), those dog racing sequences are abysmal, and it has probably the worst camera ive seen in years (trying to fight little guys and giant guys at the same time with the camera over Korra's shoulder was fun)

edit: oops this last part is a lie, I can equip items by pressing select, whew. Still an awful game tho

Good...lord...

-Deimos

holy shit Legend of Korra is terrible. Not only is the game just, well, not very good, its super short, it recycles the same 3 enemies a million times (hey remember that robot boss? youll fight about 10 more fo those), those dog racing sequences are abysmal, and it has probably the worst camera ive seen in years (trying to fight little guys and giant guys at the same time with the camera over Korra's shoulder was fun)

edit: oops this last part is a lie, I can equip items by pressing select, whew. Still an awful game tho

Good...lord...

You expect too much from a DLC priced game. It's amazingly fun.

Miguel81

Good...lord...

Never played it, but I'm loving the show so far(Seasons 1&2). Nice avy btw, estas preparado para Natal.

Asian people or people living in Asian countries tend to eat smaller portions unless its a celebration or party.

I'm too americanized so I eat like an American.

Man, I've learned that the hard way when some family members from the States visited us for the holidays. When all of us are pretty full with one 18' in pizza and a side of buffalo wings, just two cousins of mine just ate one single 18' in pizza. We also went to something we consider as a huge "every three months pig-out" burger joint here, the same thing happened. We were content with this burger, Not safe for Vegans pic, they went on to finish this burger Even more deadlier for vegans pic..

Makes me wanna clap afterwards.

Good...lord...
What did you expect from a 15-dollar-licensed-game?

Also I gained a lot of weight from my trip to the US. Your portions are crazy!

I'm streaming Half-Life 2 to celebrate its 10th anniversary, for those interested. The visual quality isn't great, but my mic is pretty damn good. I would stream in higher quality, but my connection sucks.

Hopefully my commentary makes up for it! I also interact with viewers, as I have the chat on my second monitor.

http://www.twitch.tv/dyslexicalucard

Shadownet

Banned
Between those two pictures. I would probably have a 3 patties burger. But man those fries..

I once beat my best friend at an eating contest. Whoever finish a 1 point burger and a half a pound of fries win, the loser pay for both.

I won despite being 6 inches shorter and roughly 50 pounds lighter.

#Asian

Back on topic:
I did some research on the next GPU coming out and damn Nvidia planning on releasing next-gen GPU code name Pascal in 2016.. Man should I forget about buying a GTX 970 and just start saving up money for that?

Sarcasm

What did you expect from a 15-dollar-licensed-game?

Also I gained a lot of weight from my trip to the US. Your portions are crazy!

Five more and you can get a gem named this war of mine.

Pretty great for twenty bucks. The quality and content far exceeds the price.

I have lost weight here in Taiwan even being stuffed and I was already underweight heh.

Bored of the food already sadly.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I would list all the actual amazing, GOTY caliber games you could get for $15 but I cba. Im not trying to change anyones opinion, I thought it was terrible and I would only recomend it on a very deep sale (or if youre a hardcore fan of the show I guess). Not knowing jack shit about the cartoon doesnt help, but it sure didnt make me want to watch it either

anyway, 1 less in the backlog (plaing that stupid por bending game during the credits was a neat touch I admit)

I have lost weight here in Taiwan even being stuffed and I was already underweight heh.

how is that, it looks awesome and its not locked (I think?), its awfully tempting for 5 keys

I have lost weight here in Taiwan even being stuffed and I was already underweight look.

"Inspired by real life events" doesn't count :p

Also it's not possible.

In case someone wants Tabletop Simulator for $4.2, we still need one more person for that four pack.

Tenrius asked me to repost this while he was asleep. Come on folks, it's only $4!

In other disturbing news, EA has decided not to sell Dragon Age Inquisition in my country (India).
In order to avoid a breach of local content laws, Electronic Arts has withdrawn Dragon Age: Inquisition from sale in India. Unfortunately, that means we’re unable to fulfill your Origin order.

All affected purchases for Dragon Age: Inquisition will be refunded. This applies regardless of payment method or date of purchase.
Dragon Age: Inquisition may still temporarily appear in your Origin library, but it will be removed before its launch date.

It's not a 100% clear which law they are afraid of violating, but the current theory is that it's because of the depiction of homosexuality in the game. If this is true then I don't know what to say except that it's one of those times I am truly ashamed of my government. I can't blame EA for doing this although odds are it would not even have been noticed if they had released it. I personally wasn't even interested in this game but this happening is just really sad.

Anteater

I quite liked playing korra, the combat was pretty decent even though it's watered down action game with limited enemies variety and everything, there are some sections that are fun to play on the second playthrough once you unlocked everything and chaining moves are a lot of fun, they give you an item that allows you to charge moves quicker so the pacing is much better too.

There are as many shitty terrible sections as the actual "good" parts though, so I can see the opinions being quite split, I have a pretty good tolerant level for dumb shit as long as there are some sections I enjoyed.

I had more fun with it than something like Marlow Briggs but I'd put it below Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae for the "fun games for cheap" category, although 15bucks is probably too high for some.

Sarcasm

thought so. tempting I tells you J!

what is it exactly?

It is like.... Don't starve. Except side scrolling and no monsters. You have to manage a base group of the people plus a base. They get hungry hurt and depressed. You can build stuff and improve your base at the costs of whatever resource it needs. Which you gather yourself in random locations. There is hostile npcs.

One location I was actually stealing while people where camped there.

Sorry best thing I could think of. The locations seem to be randomized since all of my four plays where all different.

I lasted 31 days. When you lose all you start over.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
In other disturbing news, EA has decided not to sell Dragon Age Inquisition in my country (India).

It's not a 100% clear which law they are afraid of violating, but the current theory is that it's because of the depiction of homosexuality in the game. If this is true then I don't know what to say except that it's one of those times I am truly ashamed of my government. I can't blame EA for doing this although odds are it would not even have been noticed if they had released it. I personally wasn't even interested in this game but this happening is just really sad.

So EA is not interested in making the game in accordance with the law, that's gonna hurt them in the pockets.

Edit: If its because of homosexuality, EA can remove those content and make the game available in India. But if they don't, that means EA probably doesn't care.

Don't publishers remove/modify content in Germany and Australia to be in accordance with the law?

Copons

So EA is not interested in making the game in accordance with the law, that's gonna hurt them in the pockets.

Edit: If its because of homosexuality, EA can remove those content and make the game available in India. But if they don't, that means EA probably doesn't care.

Don't publishers remove/modify content in Germany and Australia to be in accordance with the law?

Wait a minute, though.

Removing Nazist or overly violent contents to comply to some regional laws is a thing, removing homosexual contents is a completely different matter.

I guess EA choose to not remove those contents for economic reasons and not for an ethical stance, but still...

Anteater

I'm kind of enjoying Mind: Path to Thalamus, but mostly to do with the visuals, game is super pretty, the puzzles so far are a bit simplistic and involves a lot of walking (walk here... place an object...), it feels like a version of dear esther with light puzzles. I wonder if the monk tried the game yet.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Really only a question for people obsessed with collectibles, but in Far Cry 3 what is the payoff for collecting all of the idols? (That is, outside of the intrinsic one)

Rhaknar

It is like.... Don't starve. Except side scrolling and no monsters. You have to manage a base group of the people plus a base. They get hungry hurt and depressed. You can build stuff and improve your base at the costs of whatever resource it needs. Which you gather yourself in random locations. There is hostile npcs.

One location I was actually stealing while people where camped there.

Sorry best thing I could think of. The locations seem to be randomized since all of my four plays where all different.

I lasted 31 days. When you lose all you start over.

oh its not a story thing? damn...well, it was pretty cheap since russia + card money. Ill give it a try later when im done with wolf among us

speaking of, the more I play of wolf, the more I regret not getting Walking Dead S2 when it was 50%. oh well, it will come around again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom