• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

It's live

I think the best way to help the new thread is jsut by posting steam news at first, for example any new games released, daily discounts on games, steam updates and anything else that is concentrated around Steam that will help us build, its gonna be tricky but if we can do that for a month or two it gives it a fighting chance of survival.

Nice thread btw.

I bet someone already made that joke.

Coreda

TivWNsd.png
>
eTf39ZY.png

Brony Pony wins

Tizoc

Getting 60 FPS in Advanced Warfare. Although I only played the first few minutes, it's OK. Hope it opens up soon.
Multiplayer seems to be just a few GBs, 3 GB. DLing it soon for my brother to play.

madjoki

Seems this hasn't been posted yet.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Uses Denuvo’s DRM, Same Protection Used In Lords of the Fallen & FIFA 15

(Feel free to make a thread about this. I wouldn't have the time and motivation to keep the startpost updated in case Bioware comments and perfomance reports come online. And I don't buy games at launch anyway.)

Interesting to see how fast it gets beaten in this case.

Not surprising, since it's proven effective and EA has used it with other games (FIFA14/15 at least).

didamangi

Dragon Age: Inquisition Uses Denuvo’s DRM, Same Protection Used In Lords of the Fallen & FIFA 15

(Feel free to make a thread about this. I wouldn't have the time and motivation to keep the startpost updated in case Bioware comments and perfomance reports come online. And I don't buy games at launch anyway.)

Haven't had problems with FIFA 15, Lords of the Fallen seems to have fix their crash issues since launch, at least I haven't gotten any crashes since the latest patch which includes the option to turn off chromatic abomination, thankfully.

Lords of the Fallen producer was The Witcher 2 producer, right? Really opposite stand on DRM for both games right there. Interesting.

Zafir

Not too surprising.

From my experience it doesn't seem to affect much. I had no issues when playing Fifa 15. As for Lords of the Fallen, I'm pretty sure it wasn't the DRM causing the performance issues. The issues were across all platforms. So I'm not too worried about it.

Sajjaja

It's not tho. Not even close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoQysfCYF1o

i think i watch that at least once a week.

you guys have Lord Gaben, I had Lord RX

I only got into 3rd Strike last year and it's pretty glorious. While I was first disappointed by the unfamiliar cast, it's actually awesome. First fighting game I remotely got into.

I did a giveaway for SF4, but it's rather slow and visually repelling isn't it? SF3 has such a great visual style and it's a shame that it's STILL not on Steam. Capcom, Konami, and SE are sitting on some fine games and they should be made available.
Capcom is probably the worst offender IMO.

while i agree , i also think that it would be good if they did a balance update to the game and then release that on steam
buff sean plz i want 2nd impact sean back :v
Q master race.

It's superior to SFIV in everyway. Gameplay, music, and art direction. SFIV brought nothing original to the table worth a damn. All the good songs are remixed versions from previous games. They were afraid to try out a fresh cast from the beginning. Relying on old school favorites to sell the game (I don't blame them for doing that). They punish you for using links and missing one frame from people mashing out specials supers and ultras during their mother flipping AUTOBLOCK.

As for SF3, I don't know how parries would work unless they went with GGPO on Steam. But man I would love to see some of the faces of people trying to mash out of hit strings on this game only to realize that if they let go of block the get steamrolled.

I know it's out of date, but once BBCSE hits and if it has a decent amount of concurrent players I will never be seen again on that game.

Yeah, the MM/netcode will definitely need some tweaking to get it good enough for parrying and what not. But even without it, I'd be happy to play it offline than turn on my PS3 just to play it.

I've never played a Blaz Blue, but I hope someone brings Guilty Gear Xrd over to PC. I'm not into fighters that much but I'd play the shit out of GGXrd. I also want Garou to come back but that won't happen :( I need some Butt
lol

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

I played a lot of FIFA 15 and didn't even notice it. What's the problem in particular? Is it the next SecuRom? (Man, remember SecuRom?)

so the postal remake has been confirmed, it will be interesting to see people's reaction to it versus the controversy it spawned back in the day especially that in my opinion it's way more disturbing than what hatred looks like to be

MUnited83

For you.
I see some people talking about This war of mine for x keys. Has the whole Steam is now 99% region locked thing been reverted or is it an exception ?

Games that were introduced to the steam database longer than two months ago are not region-locked by default.

Chariot

Is there any way to see how many people got what achievements?
I am very curious what assholes did Splintered Horn in Valkyria Chronicles. (And with this I am eating crow. Yeah, achievements can be interesting beyond e-penis. I am sorry for stating that).

Nzyme32

Does anyone know of any games using nVidia's VXGI lighting tech? Someone has pointed out that it might be that MGS V GZ is getting support - although it could be a poor translation

Also, for those who participated in the session of the new features "VXGI" of the latest GPU architecture "Maxwell" to be held at the NVIDIA booth will be present and signature badge of Metal Gear.

Is there any way to see how many people got what achievements?
I am very curious what assholes did Splintered Horn in Valkyria Chronicles. (And with this I am eating crow. Yeah, achievements can be interesting beyond e-penis. I am sorry for stating that).

Yes, if you got to view all achievments for that game, near the top, is a global achievements link. That should show you the percentages of what achievements people got

I'll make a thread here and on capcom unity in the morning. Just going to finish digging out the goodies.

I made a thread on Capcom Unity regarding the Street Fighter Alpha games for current-gen and PC, if you or anybody else is interested.

Only 1 person has replied, though, and it's been like that for a few weeks lol.

agniswarm

Banned

Well I dont know if its been cracked or not..but it looks like skidrow has made the crack for it. They werent interested with the other games so didnt bother I think so

Jawmuncher

I made a thread on Capcom Unity regarding the Street Fighter Alpha games for current-gen and PC, if you or anybody else is interested.

Only 1 person has replied, though, and it's been like that for a few weeks lol.

In general the ask capcom thread I have noticed has no real use these days once sven left.
Since they aren't allowed to say anything they just lock most questions up.

Well I dont know if its been cracked or not..but it looks like skidrow has made the crack for it. They werent interested with the other games so didnt bother I think so

I take your word.
You don't have to link to it that could be a bad idea.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vd1j7n6.png

Mystery Game -- MB-8EBE0443C5009398 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 9 entrants total.

t1416068135z1.png

Jawmuncher

sooner or later all others will be done...every code can be cracked and pirates are really big programmers working in big area

Oh more than certainly it will happen.
However at this point it seems devs just want to protect their launch sales more than anything. Since that's still their biggest time frame to make money.

Please don't be Insurgency
[/I]

You have too much faith in the human race.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Game -- MB-01A4B839D30569EA - Taken by Jadax

agniswarm

Banned
Oh more than certainly it will happen.
However at this point it seems devs just want to protect their launch sales more than anything. Since that's still their biggest time frame to make money.

Fifa 15 uses a lot of online features so I don't think they will bother with that but this one definitely!
But truly speaking those who will buy will always buy. Its not that the pirates will buy their game if it cant be cracked.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
up to day 12 on This War of Mine. I wont bother with spoiler tags, its a rogue-like, this may or may not happen to you

-I keep getting fucking raided, they dont steal much but one time they actually stole all my fucking food. this last time they wounded my lady, used a bandage on her (my only one) not sure if that healed her, her status was "slightly wounded" before and now its "slightly wounded (bandaged)" >_>

-I think I wasted too much time trying to fully raid a abandoned place until I had everything in it, you can only carry so much, so it was quite a few nights always in the same place.I think the idea is to spread yourself around in the various places

-because of it, I almost starved to death because I had no food and my peeps werent happy. they are all sad and hungry :/

-I ventured into another house, and it had ppl inside. I was all ninja stealthy (awesome mechanics I was shocked) and stole some materials and all their food. A dude almost caught me because he saw the doors open (awesome!) and called me a cunt (hey fuck you buddy). I ran away with all their food

-my peeps acknowledge that and are all conflicted because we stole all their food. Hey man, we were fucking starving, and its a warzone out there, I dont care about other people ok?

-this trader keeps visiting me, but his prices are shit. bastard. but I need food >_<

-some guy came to our door, said he needed some help cause his place was bombed. I sent one of my dudes to help him, and couldnt use him for that day...well shit.

-went to a school. its full of hobos but they dont bother you. locked bars say I need a sawblade to pass...guess you can build saw blades? o_O

so yeah this...this is awesome. Its what I wanted dont starve to be. Stuff I built:

a knife, havent used it...didnt fucking help much when they raided me, but the game actually said "some of your people were armed" which makes sense since its 1 knife and 2 ppl in the house

a crowbar, nice to open locker doors. almost broken now :/ some lockpicks too, same deal, but 1 time use. a shovel, to help clear debries, otherwise it takes aaaaages to do.

a stove to make food, and I upgraded the stove to make more food. a metal workbench to make tools. havent upgraded yet. a normal workbench to make...shit. upgraded it to make more shit. can upgrade again but havent.

2 beds, cause theres only 2 peeps left behind every night when one of them goes scavange. a rainwater collector to make drinkable water. I also boarded up my crib once, didnt help much :/

you can make a SHITLOAD of stuff, some weird stuff, like a guitar or a sofa...like really? let me waste materials on a guitar >_>

my peeps were sad because they went like 4 days without food. then they were said cause we stole food. one of them really wants a smoke (yes you can make cigars and shit). they are always sad!

to be continued

Is it really 19&#8364; awesome?

its like 9.80&#8364; in russia (going by key prices in the market, its 5 keys) and I had almost 5&#8364; from card money, so it only cost me 5&#8364; really. but even the 10&#8364; or so with keys, its WELL worth that

In general the ask capcom thread I have noticed has no real use these days once sven left.
Since they aren't allowed to say anything they just lock most questions up.

Yeah, that's a shame. I posted the thread in the Street Fighter section. Didn't bother with the Ask Capcom section.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the lack of buzz around this war of mine is strange, it seems like the type of game websites would be all over, and Ive never heard of it until it popped on steam the other da.

bonus thing I forgot to say about it, it seems incredibly polished

Sarcasm

-I keep getting fucking raided, they dont steal much but one time they actually stole all my fucking food. this last time they wounded my lady, used a bandage on her (my only one) not sure if that healed her, her status was "slightly wounded" before and now its "slightly wounded (bandaged)" >_>

Upgrade your house so you can board it up. I haven't done second upgrade so dunno if more options appear and I think you still get raided but much less.

Wish I had money to get on my main account.

Rhaknar

Upgrade your house so you can board it up. I haven't done second upgrade so dunno if more options appear and I think you still get raided but much less.

Wish I had money to get on my main account.

I boarded it up once, I cant afford to do it more, im saving materials to upgrade my metalworks bench >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom