• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I didn't start the game, but I've read you can die because panic. Also developer released a patch to prevent dying on cutscenes and while talking with NPC, so I'm figuring out how doable is this task on my first play.

Definitely want to ask him about it.

-------

Just bought this on ebay, was 18 bucks for a boxed new copy.
It's also not the EU budget rerelease so i'm glad.
$T2eC16ZHJHEFFm!9Jh3CBSREceCoyQ~~60_57.JPG

Did anybody of you remember the game Starbound?

Its still unfinished and didnt got an real update (Non Beta/Alpha/Nightly update) in years...

Edit: Terraria 2 will probably come out before Starbound gets another update.
Yea I bought it. First and last early access game I purchase. I don't even remember the last big update it had that added things

Grief.exe

Definitely want to ask him about it.

-------

Just bought this on ebay, was 18 bucks for a boxed new copy.
It's also not the EU budget rerelease so i'm glad.

$T2eC16ZHJHEFFm!9Jh3CBSREceCoyQ~~60_57.JPG

I actually just bought the Black Armor Edition for <10 bucks on ebay the other day. Needed that steelbook!

If I can get my normal upload I can stream for you too. In like thirty minutes.

Thanks guys, was watching Rhak's stream for a bit.

What mic are you using Rhaknar?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Because it's almost 1am and I have nothing better to do, I went digging into the registry to see which game was the first to be region-locked by default. That dubious honour goes to Crow:

Crow (323430) said:
September 11, 2014 &#8211; 22:05:30 UTC
Added this app to a package Steam Sub 50939
Added this app to a package Crow
Added this app to a package Crow for Beta Testing
Crow (50941) said:
September 11, 2014 &#8211; 22:05:30 UTC
Added Crow (323430) to the package
Added AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting &#8211; false
Package was published in the database

Jawmuncher

I actually just bought the Black Armor Edition for <10 bucks on ebay the other day. Needed that steelbook!

Thanks guys, was watching Rhak's stream for a bit.

What mic are you using Rhaknar?

That was the main reason I had bought the PS3 version.
Now i'm just playing the waiting game on the PC version.
Either this holiday sale or the CE getting cheap.

played Onikira : Demon Killer today , is a 2d beat em up with many weapons to use in combos ( basically a 2d devil may cry ) , the problem is that the game is in early access atm so i got a some problems like FPS drops during combat ( the game went from 60 fps to 30/40 many times ) , music stopped working for no reason and some other little stuff

i dont recommend the game at is current state but maybe when the game is completed those problems will be fixed

zkylon

zkylewd
i hope orange juice isn't too hard to connect to people

like with ips or something

i never have any luck with the ip thing

I finished making dinner, I decided for something inspired by Kitsune Soba.

I know this is offtopic, but I'm really proud how they turned out, so I thought I'd make you hungry.

We need a japanese foods version of Cook, Serve, Delicious.

that looks positively delicious

Understandable, and at my age(33), I'll never stop loving physical collections either. It's taken awhile for a digital future to sink in, but at least Steam does it better than most(nice list, leniency on game removals).

i never really had any trouble adapting to steam cos it's just cheaper and you can't really argue with that. also in argieland more half the games never even got released so in general steam's been a blessing for sure

Chariot

You have too much faith in the human race.
:(

to be continued
Wow, Ozium turned into a game.

Well it is from the Remember Me people...
I haven't played it yet, but the Remix sections and the general art design looked amazing. On of the biggest criticisms was afaik the battlesystem. This new project doesn't sound like it involves physical battles. So I hope they dropped all the mechanics they were bad at and concentrate on everything they're good at.

JaseC

Source please. Enhanced steam is saying that we don't have the cheapest price for that.

Really don't want to bite now since the holidays are coming up but damn that's a very tempting price.

The source is Steam itself (the game is currently 25% off). The reason ES isn't telling you it's the cheapest historical price is because that feature uses ITAD's data and its crawler only checks the US store.

zkylon

zkylewd
I haven't played it yet, but the Remix sections and the general art design looked amazing. On of the biggest criticisms was afaik the battlesystem. This new project doesn't sound like it involves physical battles. So I hope they dropped all the mechanics they were bad at and concentrate on everything they're good at.
personally, i thought everything was kind of the issue with remember me. maybe not the art direction but mix of batman combat and uncharted climbing wasn't too exciting since both those games do it better already, and the story was pretty dark in not such a good way (like the character you play in that game is a pretty ruthless bitch, some of the things you do casually with the mind bending aren't too hero-like at all).

the remix thing was cool in theory but in reality how you interface with it was very wonky and it's like 4 times in the whole game so it's hardly reason to play it. it is, tho, the most interesting thing about remember me and there really is potential for something really cool if they actually make it easier to use and just make a whole game out of it

life is weird or whoever it's called looks really exciting to me tho, hope it's got actual gameplay

I've never had trouble connecting in OJ, if you get it we should play sometime.

yea a fellow gaffer was kind enough to gift it to me so i'm in for the next time you host one of these juice thingies

Well, I bit the bullet. I now have a GTX 750 Ti. It was on sale, I had a gift card, so I only went 30 bucks out of pocket. I know you guys all think that's nothing fancy what with your 970s and 980s but it's a big deal for me.

I haven't installed it - or indeed, any other video card - yet. Any words of wisdom before I get my hands dirty? Things I need to watch out for, common problems, that sort of thing?

Jawmuncher

Well, I bit the bullet. I now have a GTX 750 Ti. It was on sale, I had a gift card, so I only went 30 bucks out of pocket. I know you guys all think that's nothing fancy what with your 970s and 980s but it's a big deal for me.

I haven't installed it - or indeed, any other video card - yet. Any words of wisdom before I get my hands dirty? Things I need to watch out for, common problems, that sort of thing?

Is your older card a nvidia?

Someone MUST have fucked up on those backgrounds because, damn, I can't see shit.

Yeah they really must have.
What a shame.

So a steam friend was complaining that he was getting instagibbed in Valkyria Chronicles. Turns out he was playing at 120 fps, and that increases the damage you recieve during interception fire lol

JaseC

PCI-E slots have a tiny lever thing that locks the card into place. You'll want to move that out of the way before attempting to physically remove your current card from its slot (assuming you have a discrete GPU).

Turfster

GMG's Deal of the day is 75% off the Euro Truck Simulator franchise

More Bundlestars Paradox Weekend
  • Europa Universalis IV 80% off, DLC 66-75% off
  • Vikings and Roses pack 70% off
  • War of the Vikings 75% off
  • King Arthur Franchise 75-80% off
  • Knights of Honor 80% off

Chariot

personally, i thought everything was kind of the issue with remember me. maybe not the art direction but mix of batman combat and uncharted climbing wasn't too exciting since both those games do it better already, and the story was pretty dark in not such a good way (like the character you play in that game is a pretty ruthless bitch, some of the things you do casually with the mind bending aren't too hero-like at all).

the remix thing was cool in theory but in reality how you interface with it was very wonky and it's like 4 times in the whole game so it's hardly reason to play it. it is, tho, the most interesting thing about remember me and there really is potential for something really cool if they actually make it easier to use and just make a whole game out of it
Then I hope the more that the only concentrate on what they are good at.

So the less frames the better.
Time to play at 30FPS.
No, 60fps actually fixes the balance.

Chariot

<60 FPS apparently causes a few problems in the game.
>60fps you mean. People who use 120 fps can somehow not drive their tank on a slope. It's pretty weird, but it's the only annoying issue.
STILL I know it feels like shock troopers tear me up more then they ever did in VC2.
That's good. And you can do the same with your Shocks. It's actually very cool that they are more deadly, since that makes lame scout rushes more difficult.

Is your older card a nvidia?

No, it's a Radeon 4870. I'm worried about that too, but the instruction manual says I can install the new drivers first and then uninstall the old drivers? Is that how it works? Is that how any of this works?

PCI-E slots have a tiny lever thing that locks the card into place. You'll want to move that out of the way before attempting to physically remove your current card from its slot (assuming you have a discrete GPU).

Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to look out for that if it's the case.

Jawmuncher

Cool was just about to ask for this.
Can definitely tell the tank is shooting more.

No, it's a Radeon 4870. I'm worried about that too, but the instruction manual says I can install the new drivers first and then uninstall the old drivers? Is that how it works? Is that how any of this works?

Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to look out for that if it's the case.

Yeah you want to do that. The motherboard has it's own GPU right?
Since you would uninstall the AMD, install the nvidia. while using the motherboard graphics.

JaseC

The opposite is generally recommended: uninstall the current drivers first and install the latest ones once you've switched GPUs.

Maniac

Banned
A 780 is not a 760, why upgrade it now?

I'm a proverbial bling-whore. :p

Although I've no intention of upgrading anytime soon. First order of business is a good monitor, but I have way too high standards for the shit panels that're produced for anything larger than a cellphone.

The opposite is generally recommended: uninstall the current drivers first and install the latest ones once you've switched GPUs.

Duly noted. I'm assuming that means uninstall the Catalyst Manager.

Edit: Okay, uninstalled it from the Device Manager. My resolution is now hilariously low. I'll be back later, hopefully with my freshly-installed card!

zkylon

zkylewd
Then I hope the more that the only concentrate on what they are good at.
i hope they make a good game. remember me is an extremely "functional" game. it's not that far away from being a good one

i hope they don't just ditch all the gameplay and it ends up being a telltale thing of like just clicking forward

Same thing with Dark Souls. Invulnerability frames were shorter at higher FPS, just like the weapon degradation was twice as fast at 60 FPS.
i still feel like 60 fps is easier to play

so much smoother

yup, hilarious

I forgot to include one of the games before so I put them all together again.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (TuckingFypo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Worms Armageddon -- MB-F6D0C36052AFFE18 - Taken by darkchewie
Worms Pinball -- MB-2FE176CD5FBB5327
Worms Blast -- MB-0B3F7EDD67EB5867 - Taken by nightstorm

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Worms Armageddon was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Worms Pinball was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Worms Blast was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom