• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

iosefe

Definitely.
It gets let down by the last section of the final level, but everything before that is really strong.

This was patched the first week.
Ok, I guess I can bite. We won't expect lower for a while I assume

Also, post the daily to the News Thread

zkylon

zkylewd
I cleared mine yesterday. Yesh, the queue added so much. I had 70+ items, which are a lot for me. Reduced it down to 17 again. At some number of items the list loses all meaning and usefulness.

i'm at 70ish thingies too

it's crazy how fast they add up

i kinda don't need all of these games but it's useful cos i have that other site that checks my wishlist and tells me when they're on sale or something.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I stopped updating my wishlist yonks ago. I was using it to keep track of card-supporting games I didn't yet own but regularly forgot to maintain it, which meant having to spend 30+ minutes sifting through the new releases list to add what I'd missed. Eventually I gave up.

zkylon

zkylewd
Since I want everything I think I'll stop using my wishlist, I'm at 62, err, 63 >.<
I stopped updating my wishlist yonks ago. I was using it to keep track of card-supporting games I didn't yet own but regularly forgot to maintain it, which meant having to spend 30+ minutes sifting through the new releases list to add what I'd missed. Eventually I gave up.

yea you people are not in a place of mind to be anywhere near a wishlist

didamangi

So, Dead or Alive 5: Last Round pre-order is up on Play-Asia for $39.99.

There's also a Collector's Edition for $123.99 as well apparently.

Box contents:
- PC Game: Dead or Alive 5: Last Round
- Dead or Alive History Book
- Dead or Alive 5 Original Soundtrack Vol.4
- Marie Rose 3D Mouse Pad
- Sexy Costume Set DLC

That DLC probably means it'll be on Steam as well.

Tesseract

Banned
hVtl77E.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
will be all over DOA5 on steam faster than Milamber on a hentai visual novel

zkylon

zkylewd
will be all over DOA5 on steam faster than Milamber on a hentai visual novel

i think he's more the naughty mini game collection type

Don't compare me with him, I have self restrain, kinda, I wish... ;) :(

you're weak! all of you!

Styx is already 33% off? Holy shit, it must not be selling well...

it's got a limited market being a medium-budget european game and all but i think paradox games (it's a paradox game rite?) go on sale pretty often

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
also its not like paradox or cyanide games are mega blockbusters anyway

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So, Dead or Alive 5: Last Round pre-order is up on Play-Asia for $39.99.

There's also a Collector's Edition for $123.99 as well apparently.

That DLC probably means it'll be on Steam as well.

DOA5 has an absurd amount of DLC. It's mindblowing.

All of the DLC packs are incredibly overpriced as well. The twelve costume Training Gear pack costs $18, and that's only one example. $18 for twelve costumes.

Okay, it's installed. Two steps forward...but one step back. I tried to install the drivers from the CD only to discover that my drive no longer ejects. It just makes three slow clacking noises. I had to download the drivers online. I have no idea if this is a new problem considering I haven't used that drive in well over a year.

Now, what should I play to break it in...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
it's got a limited market being a medium-budget european game and all but i think paradox games (it's a paradox game rite?) go on sale pretty often

Styx is a Focus game, which means it'll be in a bundle after it's been 75% off (Focus owns Bundle Stars). It's definitely worth picking up even at 33% off, though.

derExperte

Okay, it's installed. Two steps forward...but one step back. I tried to install the drivers from the CD only to discover that my drive no longer ejects. It just makes three slow clacking noises. I had to download the drivers online. I have no idea if this is a new problem considering I haven't used that drive in well over a year.

Now, what should I play to break it in...

Never use the outdated driver from a CD, always download.

MRORANGE

Just in case anyone missed it; We now a have Steam thread in Gaming that is more focused on news/sales/updates:

09epU13.png

For off-topic/casual Steam discussion visit the Steam Community Thread.

What is this thread?
A thread to find about news on Steam / Updates / Sales* quickly and efficiently.

Uh...... but we have one already?
Yes we do, but that thread goes in community and it's a hassle to go through to find sale information or news. some of these news stories are too small and may also get lost in Gaming but are still important.

So how does it work?
You just post the news about the agenda with a link and a brief info, Example: the game that was on sale today.

What are the rules:

- Do not post off topic comments here
- Do not post giveaways
- Do not post on how great a previous post was
- Sales* from other stores are allowed to be posted here if it's the steam version.

Other pointers:

• Discussion should be focused, but not necessarily limited. A new release on Steam or an interesting game on Steam Greenlight is worthy of discussion. An exclusive Origin game or a new release on GOG are not the domain of this thread. A post should be judged on its content and usefulness to the greater audience, not the person posting it. A discussion should be driven by the events of the day, not from boredom.
  • No image macros or replies consisting of mostly images. If a post is worth responding to it is worth responding to with words.
  • No Giveaways. Giveaways should be posted to the Steam Community thread.
  • Sales and sale recaps are permitted but only if they offer keys redeemable on Steam. A good practice to follow is that a new person viewing the thread should not have to ask if a key is redeemable on Steam. Assume everyone here needs it on Steam or that it might as well not exist.
How do we enforce the rules?
Self-moderation, this is a hard one, but if someone is being really obnoxious in the thread then it is perfectly fine to point them out, as long as you have evidence to show how they went against the rules of this thread. It may be better to take this to PM first and have the poster remove his or her comment.​

derExperte

yeah really enjoying it, very mysterious and kinda creepy. how long is it more or less?

Too long. I enjoyed the atmosphere and slowness too at first but eventually it'll start explaining what's going on and you want it to end. But it doesn't. Took me 4.3hrs, felt longer.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Armoured Priest, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Onikira Demon Hunter -- MB-F8D0AB69059CC11D - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 29 entrants total.

t1416085355z1.png

Rhaknar

Too long. I enjoyed the atmosphere and slowness too at first but eventually it'll start explaining what's going on and you want it to end. But it doesn't. Took me 4.3hrs, felt longer.

well thats a shame, feels like it should be like a 2hr game

Jawmuncher

I have all the information I need for my thread.
However I have no clue what the title should be.

How should I title a thread about Old Dino Crisis 1 & 2 PC Features and a forgotten official theme?

AHA-Lambda

Hotline Miami 2 will be playable at some Sony event and they're saying it'll release in early 2015. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...l-lineup-at-playstation-experience/#sf5775881 Part of me hopes that's only true for the PS-whatever versions but I'm losing hope fast for a release this year.

I asked earlier in the thread and the last update we had was a tweet saying that a 2014 release was "doubtful".

The lack of communication on this has been a complete joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom