• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

provista

Neo Member
Thinking about picking up Styx from a trader but it has the AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting set to No..

Can you gift it anyway somehow?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thinking about picking up Styx from a trader but it has the AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting set to No..

its locked. or it was back on release at least

whoa whoa theres a thread on the main page about Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive PC versions spotted at amazon o_O

Rhaknar do you have Freddy's 2 yet?

no, I dont buy games with my name in them

Cade

Guys. Enforcer: Police Crime Action is totally worth the $10 it is on the Humble store right now. After watching the Quick Look (even as a non-GB fan) I was hooked and vowed to buy it (just not at $20).

Fate smiled upon me and I went ahead and picked it up earlier. After 2 and a half hours or so, this is quickly one of my games* of the year.

The entire thing is janky as fuck, filled with awful writing and a lot of menus that seem unnecessary.
and it is glorious
I have about 50 or so hours of playtime in Sleeping Dogs just messing around and roleplaying a cop/hero/vigilante/insane person, and this is that but as its own game. Every time I drive to where "we got a call about arresting a murderer" and I see the red icon, I know it's him or me. I drive up. I crouch behind my car and yell. I wait. I shoot. I call the ambulance.

It's a blast, but it's not for everyone: it's content light, it controls weird, and it's SUPER UGLY. Not to mention the amount of pop-in in the game would have had me thrown off the force for like seventeen vehicular homicides if cars did any damage to people.
Nonetheless, if you're looking for a police simulator somewhere between the simulation levels of Goat Simulator and Train Simulator, this is the game for you.
Buy it, taze people who hover immediately into the air, get promoted.

*not experiences. Everything that is not the game part of this game is essentially awful.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
saying it exists is hyping it? also, what a weird rule

That should be in the FAQ section. It makes no sense as a rule.

I can pre-order a bundle for a fraction of the cost! Should I do it? No, unless you're feeling lucky. It's best not to pre-order something blindly.

JaseC

The way the flag originally worked (in part) is that somebody in an affected territory (Eastern Europe, South America, South-east Asia and most recently Turkey) would only see applicable friends in their friends list when sending a gift via the checkout process, however Valve eventually stepped back from this, probably figuring that it was a pointless restriction as if someone outside of one of the aforementioned territories really wanted the game, they could just have it e-mailed. To answer your question, though, if you receive the game as a gift from someone in one of the aforementioned regions and you're not there yourself (a gift copy bought by an Eastern European user can only be activated by those in Eastern Europe and so on), you'd need a VPN to activate it and I'd advise against doing so as this technically falls under the umbrella of using one to skirt region-specific pricing on Steam itself, which may draw Valve's ire.

Orange made it after he got butt hurt that the last groupees bundle was shit.

All in all, and speaking only as a pseudo-collector, I've received more value from Groupees bundle pre-orders than just about any other site besides HB. I can get three or four preordered bundles for the same price as one HB or Weekly.

It really is the golden age of bundle sites. So many to choose from.

Also, Shinyloot bundle is up:

Conspiracies II
FootLOL: Epic Fail League
Gray Matter
Realms of the Haunting (w/ Steam key)
Rexzilla
Soulbringer (w/ Steam key)
Space War Commander
The Island Castaway
Valcarta: Rise of the Demon

Chariot

All that work and i'm already on the second page with not 1 reply.
tumblr_msetehi5FT1sophb4o1_500.png
I'm so sorry, Dinos are not mine :(
Only dino game I ever liked was dino island because you could breed strange combonation of dinos and because I was a sucker for Zoo Tycoon at that time.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
shiny loot bundle has Gray Matter, just for that its worth it

JaseC

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Soulbringer -- MB-937B6BB7E87DE38E - Taken by lindarasta
Realms of the Haunting -- MB-B06D0D2557C5810E - Taken by factorone
FootLOL: Epic Fail League -- MB-1D953F17F84B39AA - Taken by Saty

Also, there's a copy of Metro 2033 available here.

Rhaknar

Braveland is a cute little strategy game, pretty cool

zkylon

zkylewd
Guys. Enforcer: Police Crime Action is totally worth the $10 it is on the Humble store right now. After watching the Quick Look (even as a non-GB fan) I was hooked and vowed to buy it (just not at $20).

Fate smiled upon me and I went ahead and picked it up earlier. After 2 and a half hours or so, this is quickly one of my games* of the year.

The entire thing is janky as fuck, filled with awful writing and a lot of menus that seem unnecessary.
and it is glorious
I have about 50 or so hours of playtime in Sleeping Dogs just messing around and roleplaying a cop/hero/vigilante/insane person, and this is that but as its own game. Every time I drive to where "we got a call about arresting a murderer" and I see the red icon, I know it's him or me. I drive up. I crouch behind my car and yell. I wait. I shoot. I call the ambulance.

It's a blast, but it's not for everyone: it's content light, it controls weird, and it's SUPER UGLY. Not to mention the amount of pop-in in the game would have had me thrown off the force for like seventeen vehicular homicides if cars did any damage to people.
Nonetheless, if you're looking for a police simulator somewhere between the simulation levels of Goat Simulator and Train Simulator, this is the game for you.
Buy it, taze people who hover immediately into the air, get promoted.

*not experiences. Everything that is not the game part of this game is essentially awful.

omg why didn't they upload that video to youtube

that quick look was amazing lol

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
no, it's not ... it's a Milamber-collectible ;) you know very well he already pre-ordered like 10 copies ;)

Boob mousepads usually feature women who are well endowed. Marie Rose is a 12-14 year old girl. She hasn't developed fully. Hence the joke.

(Yes I know TN claims she is 18. She is not, she is designed to appeal to hebephiles.)

Jawmuncher

No, Munchy, no :,(
Nobody told me anything good about it. The gaming magazines I read at that time ripped it apart.

They were all wrong.
It's basically tied as my favorite dinosaur game with Dino Crisis.
Played the hell out of it on 360 and got all of the achievements for it.

As in that GIF the knife executions alone on all the dinosaurs is a ton of fun.
If we had more shooters like Turok 2008, things wouldn't looks so boring for the genre like it often does.

Turfster

So yeah, the only Steam keys in the shinyloot bundle are Realms of the Haunting, Soulbringer and FootLOL.
The first 2 are on the Groupees site, the last one is via Shinyloot's site.

Cade

omg why didn't they upload that video to youtube

that quick look was amazing lol

seriously. when she got killed by the murderer, i lost it. when she breathalyzed the empty car she shot to a standstill, i lost it. great cop-ing

word to everyone on the fence: if you pick the male character, he pronounces ambulance as "amb-you-lants."
not amb-you-lence. amb you lants. ambbbbbyoulance. ambulants. it's amazing.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
OMG ... they're adding a wing suit
(and caves!!)
to Just Cause 3 O_O

insta-GOTY!!!

Rhaknar

just booted up Shovel Knight which I hadnt in awhile and it turns out it was another victim of the great lost saves disaster of 2014. so I played the first level again...

damn that game is so good. and that music... I gotta finish this

edit: except now I have this weird stutter every now and then, the game pauses for a split second...not what you want in a precision platformer

provista

Neo Member
The way the flag originally worked (in part) is that somebody in an affected territory (Eastern Europe, South America, South-east Asia and most recently Turkey) would only see applicable friends in their friends list when sending a gift via the checkout process, however Valve eventually stepped back from this, probably figuring that it was a pointless restriction as if someone outside of one of the aforementioned territories really wanted the game, they could just have it e-mailed. To answer your question, though, if you receive the game as a gift from someone in one of the aforementioned regions and you're not there yourself (a gift copy bought by an Eastern European user can only be activated by those in Eastern Europe and so on), you'd need a VPN to activate it and I'd advise against doing so as this technically falls under the umbrella of using one to skirt region-specific pricing on Steam itself, which may draw Valve's ire.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll wait for a bundle or higher discount then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom