• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
Went to the Marine Exchange on base today to see about gaming laptops. They were sold out of ASUS and had 1 Alienware left. 2 weeks ago they had shelves of those things. They were also sold out of X1s and Wii Us. The main isle had a huge stack of PS4s. The sales rep there said that its just not as popular with the military crowd for some reason.

I was tempted on nabbing a PS4, but with Xrd (hopefully coming to PC) and Bloodborne being the only things, I went to go look at purses with my wife instead.

zkylon

zkylewd
seriously. when she got killed by the murderer, i lost it. when she breathalyzed the empty car she shot to a standstill, i lost it. great cop-ing

word to everyone on the fence: if you pick the male character, he pronounces ambulance as "amb-you-lants."
not amb-you-lence. amb you lants. ambbbbbyoulance. ambulants. it's amazing.

yea i mean i wouldn't spend 20 bucks on it but sounds like good dumb fun

just booted up Shovel Knight which I hadnt in awhile and it turns out it was another victim of the great lost saves disaster of 2014. so I played the first level again...

damn that game is so good. and that music... I gotta finish this

edit: except now I have this weird stutter every now and then, the game pauses for a split second...not what you want in a precision platformer

shovel knight is amazing

easily goty contender for me

Momentary

Banned
So, Dead or Alive 5: Last Round pre-order is up on Play-Asia for $39.99.

There's also a Collector's Edition for $123.99 as well apparently.

That DLC probably means it'll be on Steam as well.

They are really pounding this being on PC. Is the console release set for February as well. Are they throwing in more graphical tech into this or are they just upping the resolution?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Went to the Marine Exchange on base today to see about gaming laptops. They were sold out of ASUS and had 1 Alienware left. 2 weeks ago they had shelves of those things. They were also sold out of X1s and Wii Us. The main isle had a huge stack of PS4s. The sales rep there said that its just not as popular with the military crowd for some reason.

I was tempted on nabbing a PS4, but with Xrd (hopefully coming to PC) and Bloodborne being the only things, I went to go look at purses with my wife instead.

PCs and WiiUs sold out? The Marines have damn good taste. You made the right choice too.

Yet another reminder that me, Chairmanchuck and Spindoctor are doing a four pack of Tabletop Simulator and need one more person. I'll be buying it from the Russian store, so it's only about $4.
I am way, waaaay too late but I'll give it a shot.

I am in for Tabletop for 4$! Just get it, I'll pay via paypal as soon as I am online again.

Nzyme32

So, Dead or Alive 5: Last Round pre-order is up on Play-Asia for $39.99.

There's also a Collector's Edition for $123.99 as well apparently.

That DLC probably means it'll be on Steam as well.

"Marie Rose 3d Mouse Pad"

Well, I suppose it is coming to PC then... or not... The glimmer of hope for Ninja Gaiden is there, if it does. Also, is Brad Wong in the game? If so, I can finally continue my drinking games from back in the DOA3 days. I'd have to instabuy... drunk..

Nzyme32

So HL2's 10th birthday is today (technically tomorrow for the yanks).
Wonder if Valve is going to do anything for it.

Probably not. Best we can hope for is a sale, or finally putting the new paid version of Black Mesa up on steam, which would make no sense since it is hl1.... I don't know

abracadaver

Ok, I can get shadow of mordor via ebay for £18 is it likely to drop down more in price than that? £15 is my sweet spot and I dont want to do any VPN nonsense.

There are shops that already sell it for £15 without having to get it gifted or using a VPN. They are not allowed to name here because they are not official resellers but I never had problems with them. Bought mordor myself just a few days ago.

Tellaerin

saying it exists is hyping it? also, what a weird rule

It's a retarded "rule" that came about in the wake of the pissing and moaning about the last (awesome) Groupees doujin bundle from people who expected a bundle full of VNs rather than kickass action-oriented stuff.

lolno

They'll give us a good sad laugh and that's about it.

I see what you did there ;)

seriously though

there is going to be a Dota patch next week! :p
I'd be OK with it if that patch added a Headcrab hero.

They could probably get that model into the WC3 engine if they used a HL1 Headcrab...

My god, the FUBAR difficulty in Spec Ops: The Line is one of the most stressing things in gaming that i had the chance to do... but i love the game, and it's the only achievement left, so i cant give up :p

zkylon

zkylewd
It's a retarded "rule" that came about in the wake of the pissing and moaning about the last (awesome) Groupees doujin bundle from people who expected a bundle full of VNs rather than kickass action-oriented stuff.
yea i don't get it

like hyping is always pretty unfounded, but it's part of the fun

like don't put money down for a bundle you don't know what's gonna be in it

lol no

My god, the FUBAR difficulty in Spec Ops: The Line is one of the most stressing things in gaming that i had the chance to do... but i love the game, and it's the only achievement left, so i cant give up :p

i actually had more trobble with the previous difficulty and i actually really liked fubar

turned the game into something like a puzzle game, lots of trial and error to find the correct combination of "moves"

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, it really is an example of bad game design. I suggest setting the game aside for a few weeks (or months in my case) if it becomes too irritating.

i actually had more trobble with the previous difficulty and i actually really liked fubar

turned the game into something like a puzzle game, lots of trial and error to find the correct combination of "moves"
I somewhat agree with that. It's just that some parts are really unfair. Damn those knife runners with their bullet dodging abilities and those heavies.

Yeah, it really is an example of bad game design. I suggest setting the game aside for a few weeks (or months in my case) if it becomes too irritating.
I did that sometimes now. I actually got as far as the 6-7 chapter a couple of months ago, stopped, and got back to it the last week. I'm on the 14th chapter now.

Coreda

All that work and i'm already on the second page with not 1 reply.
tumblr_msetehi5FT1sophb4o1_500.png

Glad some replies came your way. SteamGAF gave some love to the Christmas thread I made last year when there were few responses. Hard to know how people will respond to things, or if they'll even see it :)

zkylon

zkylewd
I somewhat agree with that. It's just that some parts are really unfair. Damn those knife runners with their bullet dodging abilities and those heavies.

yea it's pretty stressing for sure but i had good practice from the previous diff so i had the right "order" mappd in m ead already

rookiejet

Come ooonnnn, rayge. Buy a ps4(or 3) and play xrd with me.

follow-your-dreams.gif

gngf123

This is ArkSys we are talking about here.

The sad thing is, it is pretty much running on a PC already. They still won't do it any time soon.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
really like Metro 2033 Redux. Looks a hell of alot better than I remember the original looking (not sure if thats because it actually does, or because I played the original on 360, probably a little of both). The world building and setting is top notch in this series, and I love all the little things like holding up the board with the objectives, the gas mask etc

One thing I didnt remember was the
supernatural / alien angle
, completely forgot that. Also, do you still play Artyom in Last Light? I never played that one

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

I only bothered with the difficulty below FUBAR (that you have to beat to unlock FUBAR IIRC) and that was bullshit enough for me.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mysterious Cities of Gold -- MB-478EC52CCF51F70C - Taken by nja. 2 entrants total.
Puddle -- MB-57A46F456BEA4DAE - Taken by adriano999. 1 entrants total.
Ticket to Ride -- MB-7CBF465ED0C8FD8A - Taken by Sarcasm. 4 entrants total.
Worms Crazy Golf -- MB-A6B96814B15775C4 - Taken by Andrefpvs. 2 entrants total.
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-C365B65E406E3560
Greed Corp -- MB-5F6D723B926A3C9B - Taken by topyy. 1 entrants total.
Always Sometimes Monsters -- MB-A024ABBBE3E22447 - Taken by swx. 1 entrants total.
Some of these might be taken, but Humble says none of them are
Ludwig -- MB-CEF01D4D15AAAE03 - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
NightSky -- MB-777A0BD075FA72C2 - Taken by gaiadyne. 1 entrants total.
Waking Mars -- MB-19C1912B32C52F02 - Taken by WinterDemons. 2 entrants total.

t1416100956z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom