• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Yep they work. I already had a save going and it didn't retroactively unlock the ones I already should have had but all the other ones unlocked fine.

yes they are

Thanks! I saw the completion rates and thought they might still undergoing tests.

The Alan Wake games are some of my favorite memories from last gen.

I kind of wonder if Quantum Break will eventually end up on steam like AW did.

Unless it's an overwhelming success, I expect it to eventually come to PC in some fashion.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
MS owns Quantum Break outright, so I'm not as optimistic about that as I am with, say, Sunset Overdrive.

But JaseC, Microsoft has a rock solid history of supporting PC gaming. And just look at their recent words about supporting PC gaming.

So many words, JaseC.

Shadownet

Banned
Their history of support is about as rock solid as an Ubisoft's games framerate.
shots.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
But JaseC, Microsoft has a rock solid history of supporting PC gaming. And just look at their recent words about supporting PC gaming.

So many words, JaseC.

wordsnwsms.gif

Edit: ArcheBlade just refuses to drop a card:
[ 11/16/2014 11:33:44 AM ] Starting game App 207230 to idle cards
[ 11/16/2014 11:33:45 AM ] App 207230 has 2 card drops remaining
[ 11/16/2014 11:33:46 AM ] Sleeping for 15 minutes
[ 11/16/2014 01:34:24 PM ] App 207230 has 2 card drops remaining
[ 11/16/2014 01:34:25 PM ] Sleeping for 15 minutes

Anyone here plays Dead State? If so...how is it so far?
Seems like the game is already close to release - Dec 4th.

I've been waiting for that game to release... for forever. I am not even sure how interested I am anymore though cause I haven't followed the development at all.

I remember when the kickstarter was up. There weren't a ton of turn based games like that anymore. So fallout 2 style gameplay combined with zombie apocalypse got me excited!

But... since then... divinity OS, wasteland 2, valkyria chronicles, shadowrun, shadowrun dragon fall... and while I love all those games, I have literally not completed a single one.

Benedict

Something something for y'all

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Realms of the Haunting -- MB-04A455B8F8542390 - Taken by Zeeman

Benedict

Humble Sega Bundle incoming.

Today we are happy to announce that Relic Entertainment is taking part in the Sega Humble Bundle running from November 15th to 29th.
Each member of the Sega family participating in this Humble Bundle was able to nominate a charity, and we wanted to take a moment to highlight the charity that we have chosen: Able Gamers Charity.

I have a feeling they'll have one of those pricey tiers for something like Valkyria Chronicles or Alien: Isolation to jack up the average... I'd stake a copy of Bad Rats on it.

And that would also be a pretty rad way to announce another port or two. I wants me some Vanquish and Bayonetta... But I'll just keep dreaming.

It's already November the 16th. o_O

Going up today (16th)? That's weird. Have they ever launched a bundle during the weekend?

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I quite enjoyed everything I got in the last SEGA bundle, and am therefore excited by the idea of a new one. Therefore, it will be crap.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
If I'm not mistaken, Humble only has one general bundle at a time. And that one, the Jumbo bundle 3, still has nine days left.

MRORANGE

Okay so it's been nearly 2 days since we launched Steam News Thread, a thanks to everyone who has taken part.

We need to now discuss on any changes or matters that need clearing up on what the thread should be about.

Most common issues right now:

- is games updates worthy of a post or not?
- what place do reviews have in the Steam News Thread?
- should the rules for the Steam community thread be kept or relaxed.

We've taken a massive dive since we hIt community with off-topic post but with no one to moderate the rules are jon-existent.

Copons

Quick question: in Batman Arkham City should I wait until I completed the main story to do all the sidequests without being bothered by enemies (like in Asylum) or do you suggest to do them while playing because, like, there's no post-endgame?

Copons

Okay so it's been nearly 2 days since we launched Steam News Thread, a thanks to everyone who has taken part.

We need to now discuss on any changes or matters that need clearing up on what the thread should be about.

We've taken a massive dive since we hIt community with off-topic post but with no one to moderate the rules are jon-existent.

My opinions:

- it depends on both the game and the update. A GFWL removed or cards added is worthy, a bug fix no;
- community;
- kept, and I must say we're doing a pretty good job at keeping them. :3

Chariot

Depends, right? I'd say only real major updates, like the FTL one.

I think they are better in the Community thread. You won't find anyway what your searching for and maybe reviews about not recent games, alas not news. Plus, in the Community thread people may comment on them.

The rules are in my opinion fine as they are. We can surely be lenient when people are overstepping them a bit, but I think we should keep them as direction.

Servizio

Quick question: in Batman Arkham City should I wait until I completed the main story to do all the sidequests without being bothered by enemies (like in Asylum) or do you suggest to do them while playing because, like, there's no post-endgame?

You can do it either way. I...would recommend doing some of them as you open up the abilities to do them, just to break up the pace of just doing the main stuff.

You can basically leave the Riddler trophies for the end of the game, but there are other smaller side quests that are easy enough to knock out as you fly around. And other ones that are sort of funnily hard enough to do without a guide.

I will leave them unnamed as a fun surprise for you to find out!

Vuze

- New feature major updates, yes. Small bug fix updates, no.
- I think they're better off in Community, since well, they aren't news.
- Imo they are fine as is.

-I think game updates are worthy of a post if they're significant, the only problem with saying that is what is "significant" so instead how about only if they're paired with a sale of the game? (say Rise of the Triad gets a balance patch and new maps, that alone wouldn't be a post, but that in addition to something like 25%+ off would be fine)

-I don't think reviews should be in the steam news thread, I wouldn't classify someones review as being newsworthy, but that's just me.

-the rules here seem fine, but I'd be down with them being relaxed a bit as well.

Do the sidequests while playing, but ignore Riddler trophies until you're finished the game since some require specific gadgets to unlock and it's annoying to spend 10 minutes trying to get a riddler trophy only to then figure out it was because you didn't have X gadget.

Copons

You can do it either way. I...would recommend doing some of them as you open up the abilities to do them, just to break up the pace of just doing the main stuff.

You can basically leave the Riddler trophies for the end of the game, but there are other smaller side quests that are easy enough to knock out as you fly around. And other ones that are sort of funnily hard enough to do without a guide.

I will leave them unnamed as a fun surprise for you to find out!

Thanks! It's basically the same approach I had in AA and it was worthy, but this time I'm still trying to figure out this new totally open world.

JaseC

I don't think game updates should be posted in the news thread unless they relate significantly to Steam itself, which is to say that unless the games are ditching third-party DRM/networking for Steamworks then they should be posted in the OTs/the game's most recent active thread and/or this community thread. Game updates that just expand upon existing content, like adding a new campaign or whatever, aren't really Steam news per se; they're Steam Community news more than anything.

Tellaerin

- Only for major content updates, or other important updates (GFWL being replaced by Steamworks, for instance)

- Reviews != news. In a case where a game's on sale and someone's posted a review of it in the discussion thread, it might make sense to post a link to the review in the news thread ("Such-and-such is 75% off this week - so-and-so posted a review here.")

- I think everyone's been pretty well behaved here. Let's keep the rules as they are and maintain this level of enforcement.

JaseC

- I think everyone's been pretty well behaved here. Let's keep the rules as they are and maintain this level of enforcement.

Well, I still feel that not pre-ordering a bundle being a rule is odd, even assuming it's just a light-hearted "Don't be dumb", considering it's completely impossible to enforce. As I said earlier, throw it in the FAQ and leave the rules section for actual rules.

Edit: Never mind, misread the line. ;)

Well, I still feel that not pre-ordering a bundle being a rule is odd, even assuming it's just a light-hearted "Don't be dumb", considering it's completely impossible to enforce. As I said earlier, throw it in the FAQ and leave the rules section for actual rules.

There's no rule against pre-ordering? It's hyping pre-order bundles with no knowledge as to what they actually contain that's against the rules.

Seems to me that:

"New Groupees Valve bundle up for pre-order, just FYI." = Fine (like information and discussion)
"DOODS, pre-order the Groupees Valve bundles, it's totes gonna have Half-Life 3 in it!!1!one!" = Bad (blind, uninformed hype)

JaseC

There's no rule against pre-ordering? It's hyping pre-order bundles with no knowledge as to what they actually contain that's against the rules.

Seems to me that:

"New Groupees Valve bundle up for pre-order, just FYI." = Fine (like information and discussion)
"DOODS, pre-order the Groupees Valve bundles, it's totes gonna have Half-Life 3 in it!!1!one!" = Bad (blind, uninformed hype)

Derp, I misread the line. Do people even hype pre-purchasable bundles, though? The closest I've seen to it is posting guesses as to what they contain based on teases. That's not hyping.

Derp, I misread the line. Do people even hype bundles, though? The closest I've seen to it is posting guesses as to what they contain based on teases. That's not hyping.

I think any real hyping happened like once, the first time, and then everybody got burned. Then a little hype the second time around, but most people were a little more cautious.

Seems most people learned their lesson, and there probably won't be much hyping from now on. But still, it's a decent rule to have anyway.

Shadownet

Banned
Derp, I misread the line. Do people even hype pre-purchasable bundles, though? The closest I've seen to it is posting guesses as to what they contain based on teases. That's not hyping.
The only one I remember in recent memory was the posibility of Double Neon Dragons being part of a Grouppes bundle because one of the drawings look a lot like a dragon head. Thats hardly hyping it up.

JaseC

I think any real hyping happened like once, the first time, and then everybody got burned. Then a little hype the second time around, but most people were a little more cautious.

Seems most people learned their lesson, and there probably won't be much hyping from now on. But still, it's a decent rule to have anyway.

Yeah, I wasn't implying it's without merit, just thinking out loud.

Edit: Moving on, the first (post-Sequence 3 spoiler)
time rift thing
in AssCreed Unity is completely unplayable for me as the game either crashes or locks up. I can't play it even if I want to. :(

byeacupmsol.gif

Tellaerin

Given the event that spurred the rule, I personally think it's kind of ridiculous, myself. The problem wasn't that the bundle in question was bad (quite the opposite, IMO), it was that certain people here wanted something from it that it failed to deliver on (because apparently "doujin" = "visual novel" and if the doujin bundle didn't have World End Economica in it, it was shit :p I exaggerate here, but not by much). That led to the "anti-hype" backlash.

Milamber

That SEGA bundle is gonna be nothing but repeats.
---------------------------------------
I've been away from my gaming PC for over 2 days now, staying in hotels, and I got only my 2DS to keep me company. Slowly building my harem up in Fantasy Life.

Monika get~!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom