• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asgaro

wut.gif

Oh shiiit, here we go again... *Gabening intensifies*

Asgaro

Battlefield 2 Complete Collection is no longer purchasable.

RIP :-(

And also RIP the mods: I still play Forgotten Hope 2 (total conversion WW2 mod) from time to time. I guess it can now only go downhill regarding the population of BF2 mods...

edit: apologies for double post.

Far Cry 2 CD Key is invalid and I can't unlock Predecessor tapes and I contacted support for days without response. Far Cry 3 COOP is stuck on loading screen forever and there is no fix for it, Singleplayer crashes each time I launch it and now its says Ubisoft servers are down.I relaunched Uplay and I can't even connect to it now...

I think Ubisoft offices are hit by Skybolanet.

Asgaro

Hello SteamGaf!

My first post here. I've recently become active on Steam since my PS3 died and because i've never had much of a use for it before.

I would like to join the NeoGaf Steam group if possible!

I did add myself in the NeoGaf game nights thread, but i haven't had a response as yet.

Welcome to your new adventure...

Why do I save all this pro PC gaming stuff anyway? It has become an addiction. :(

PbENFjy.gif

u8ehneH.jpg

iAess9fdI5TAc.gif

cutting_edge.png

YP389se.jpg

Divius

Oh ffs, I just bought and booted up Far Cry Blood Dragon and hueeee fucking uplay.

Forgot about that shit. How about I just bought the game but still go and pirate it just so I don't have to deal with that garbage. That's okay right? ;_;

edit: I actually need to register and shit? Oh fuck me, I might just get a refund.

hohoXD123

Oh ffs, I just bought and booted up Far Cry Blood Dragon and hueeee fucking uplay.

Forgot about that shit. How about I just bought the game but still go and pirate it just so I don't have to deal with that garbage. That's okay right? ;_;
But that would makes Yves cry, you don't want to do that right? You need to love Uplay.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Do you know of any way I can play it without my GPU going to 100c almost immediately? I really want to.

oh it does that? I noticed the game runs like crap, and im pretty sure its not my rig :p

no idea dude, guess its just badly coded or something?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

edit: I actually need to register and shit? Oh fuck me, I might just get a refund.

I love the smell of overreactions in the morning

edit: also that ubi "employee" couldnt sound more fake. "I was in a meeting and Yves said they dont care about PC gamers" lol, yes because thats how multi million dollar company meetins are, just like internet fanboy rants

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
oh wait, it's a bit too early!

sorry about that, I blame sunday and sleepiness (><)

(><)
Why apples? Why not oranges?

Generally oranges are peeled and or sliced prior to consumption. The preparation alone can reveal the otherwise hidden blade. But in the event that they are not, the semi translucent nature of the flesh (below the pericarp) makes it easy to visually identify the blades. On the other hand the flesh of apples is mostly opaque and people are known to eat apples without segmenting it beforehand. Additionally the skin of an apple, depending on variety, will completely hide the blade insertation mark for a time before discoloration begins.

Generally oranges are peeled and or sliced prior to consumption. The preparation alone can reveal the otherwise hidden blade. But in the event that they are not, the semi translucent nature of the flesh (below the pericarp) makes it easy to visually identify the blades. On the other hand the flesh of apples is mostly opaque and people are known to eat apples without segmenting it beforehand. Additionally the skin of an apple, depending on variety, will completely hide the blade insertation mark for a time before discoloration begins.
You are scary >.<

Chariot

I just beat Valkyria Chronicles. Two missions were pretty stupid
Naggiar (2) and The Maiden's Shield
, but other than that it was a great ride. It was really fun to lose and then trying to find a way to improve ones tactics for the best possible outcome. And I am still not finished after 29 hours. There are reports I didn't play (basically side missions), DLC stories (that apparently play after the main story) and I have yet to beat the story again in NG+ to archive A-rank in every mission with my now very well equipped and skilled soldiers.

Everybody should buy and play this game.

Varg

Banned
Very surprised how decent farcry 3 is so far. First time playing and I got to say it's quite a looker and the gameplay is pretty addicting. Loving the whole crafting system. Uplay hasn't giving me a problem but multiplayer did not work for some reason. Showing me as the only one in the room while people are chatting away in the pregame lobby. Overall my interest has peaked for farcry4 once I'm done.

Ban Puncher

Heard people were talking shit about consoles.

Don't make me put a Neo Geo up yo ass.

Master Race stuff is dumb. Enjoy games on everything, yo.
Except Uplay.

Chariot

Looks interesting, I am a sucker for good character creators and editors. But I am going to wait on Black Desert. Even if the game itself is horse shit, I can still have fun with the character creator.

Grief.exe

JaseC unistalled Ass Creed Unity, thats like commiting Sudoku in Australia.

What???

Far Cry 2 CD Key is invalid and I can't unlock Predecessor tapes and I contacted support for days without response. Far Cry 3 COOP is stuck on loading screen forever and there is no fix for it, Singleplayer crashes each time I launch it and now its says Ubisoft servers are down.I relaunched Uplay and I can't even connect to it now...

I think Ubisoft offices are hit by Skybolanet.

Typical Ubisoft.

Ozium

Hello SteamGaf!

My first post here. I've recently become active on Steam since my PS3 died and because i've never had much of a use for it before.

I would like to join the NeoGaf Steam group if possible!

I did add myself in the NeoGaf game nights thread, but i haven't had a response as yet.

you have chosen wisely....

once you go steam, you never go... something that rhymes w/ steam but isn't steam.. i dunno

Lomax

Okay so it's been nearly 2 days since we launched Steam News Thread, a thanks to everyone who has taken part.

We need to now discuss on any changes or matters that need clearing up on what the thread should be about.

Most common issues right now:

- is games updates worthy of a post or not?
- what place do reviews have in the Steam News Thread?
- should the rules for the Steam community thread be kept or relaxed.

We've taken a massive dive since we hIt community with off-topic post but with no one to moderate the rules are jon-existent.

Late comments for MrOrange

- is games updates worthy of a post or not?

No, I don't think so, nor do I think the addition of cards is worthy. Unless it's a significant post with those additions, a review, and a related sale.

- what place do reviews have in the Steam News Thread?

As above, only when related to something newsworthy.

- should the rules for the Steam community thread be kept or relaxed.

I think the rules should stay but I think it should become the PC community thread. We talk about uPlay and Origin and GoG and such already, just bring them under the umbrella.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You know, that My Documents thread got me thinking...

How come steam never altered save paths on the games being sold by them?

Jawmuncher

I love the smell of overreactions in the morning

edit: also that ubi "employee" couldnt sound more fake. "I was in a meeting and Yves said they dont care about PC gamers" lol, yes because thats how multi million dollar company meetins are, just like internet fanboy rants

To be fair I had some loading issues with it.
Uplay while booting would basically not let me do anything until it decided to let me go onto game .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom