• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

Oh man.

Introducing Goat MMO Simulator. Free expansion for Goat Sim. Um. Watch this trailer:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/331380/?snr=1_5_9__405

Features

• Five different classes: Warrior, Rouge, Magician, Hunter and Microwave
  • Complete dozens of quests, level up a hundred times and play five different classes that’s a ton of content you do the math, we all went to high-school well I didn’t I was too busy huffing paint behind the cafeteria
  • Level cap is 101, 1 level higher than you-know-what
  • Prolly not tons of content tho, but don’t hate be cool
  • Stay a while and listen to Dumblebore the Grey in Twistram
  • Faction warfare between goats and sheep
  • MMO simulation so good you’ll think it’s real
  • There are even elves and dwarves like in that movie

Best class ever?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You should have bought it from GMG when the game released ($8 with a discount code) and there were rewards for it. I nabbed them all and earned roughly USD$9.

just because my pe...I mean my game count is almost as big as yours doesnt mean I want all those fancy frivulous shit you want. Im not there yet, I just want games. The day I buy a soundtrack you have my permission to put me down

edit: oh wait you mean rewards as in the playfire money, I thought you meant pre order shit. well meh, that would have required me playing it, which I wouldnt have anyway!

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
ULQkSw4.png
That's me through college and every job. Goat Sim is getting even more absurd?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why does it say I own dream machine chapter 5 which was recently released when I don't own chapter 4 (therefore I don't own a season pass or whatever)?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why does it say I own dream machine chapter 5 which was recently released when I don't own chapter 4 (therefore I don't own a season pass or whatever)?

Are you sure you don't own the bundle?

Edit: I should ask the devs for a Steam key for the bundle seeing as I've owned the game since 2011.

Shadownet

Banned
Man, Shadow Warrior is awesome. Being able to run it completely maxed out and still get 60fps.

There's a lot of Kill Bill vibe in there.

didamangi

Just a heads up, apparently Gamersgate added steam keys for some of my previously DRM free only games that I have on there. What a nice surprise. (Disciples 2, Flatout 2, Gray Matter, Sid Meier's Railroads! to name a few)

Check for unused serials label on your My Games list if you have an account there.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
That has to be one of the dumbest gaming related complaints I have ever heard. I was sure it was some kind of troll at first.

I honestly can't decide if the OP is going for the long troll in case they can generate a meltdown or two.

The amiibos are ~$15 each.

Volimar

I feel like all of G4's history has been people saying "Man, it's not as good as it used to be." No matter what time period you're thinking of, the channel just got more and more not good.

tmarg

I feel like all of G4's history has been people saying "Man, it's not as good as it used to be." No matter what time period you're thinking of, the channel just got more and more not good.

Well, that's true, but mostly because it was already in heavy decline by the time it was called G4.

For what it's worth, probably not that amazing a prediction. G4 was an old media outlet created to cover new media. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that isn't infinitely sustainable.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Well, that's true, but mostly because it was already in heavy decline by the time it was called G4.

For what it's worth, probably not that amazing a prediction. G4 was an old media outlet created to cover new media. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that isn't infinitely sustainable.
They didn't exactly try. I mean the execs wanted to monetize stuff like podcasts and YouTube videos, so they didn't back it up for the long term.

Most of the reviewers and writers I liked left the industry or went into development.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Completed Transistor. I was having a hard time with the game because I had five limitators on, then I removed them and it was a breeze to complete (Cull+Void+Tap did the work for me).

But...I really don't like the story. Again, is so confusing, like Bastion. Again, the ending is disappointing and the final fight can be win by abusing of Cull.

Is there an alternate ending on NG+?

I really need to get back to Transistor. I had a good hour or so with it then it got lost in the backlog. Unfortunately I've ended up getting stuck into Binding of Isaac so that's taking up most of my time. I'm sure I'll get back to it eventually, I love the art style of the game.

derExperte

Goat MMO Simulator? Yeah, the goat will be my goty for sure.

Terrible advice. Everyone should buy a Vita.

Too bad some people missed the boat on 'collecting' Vita games through PS+, other than Persona 4 and Tearaway (looking at Danganronpa now but those prices here..) basically everything I was interested in I got through that, had a nice library before owning the device. Unfortunately they don't at least offer Uncharted and Gravity Rush anymore, should've been perpetual or been replaced with other games that are available longer than a month.

Wow so Akrham Oranges is rather glitchy.

* Had a quest notification that wouldn't go away after I completed it which

* Had doors that wouldn't open

* Thug got frozen like this

You'd think they at least fixed the door bug since it seems to happen to everyone a few times. But nope, can't imagine in what state the game was before patches.

The art and the soundtrack are great, even if there are only two vocal tracks. The gameplay is great too, when you understand how to manage each power and combining them, is very good to create some builds. Otherwise, the story is so simple but confusing at the same time. I really wish they'll do a linear narration in their next game.
There are four vocal tracks.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wow so Akrham Oranges is rather glitchy.

* Had a quest notification that wouldn't go away after I completed it which

* Had doors that wouldn't open

* Thug got frozen like this

WB's post-release support is iffy at best. Arkham City's woefully-optimised DX11 renderer was never updated.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
That Goat Simulator update looks amazing. Still can't believe I got that game for essentially free with the discount it had on GMG plus the Playfire rewards they gave out for it. Amazing stuff. The game's a blast too.

Ozium

That Goat Simulator update looks amazing. Still can't believe I got that game for essentially free with the discount it had on GMG plus the Playfire rewards they gave out for it. Amazing stuff. The game's a blast too.

nah bruh, they tricked everyone into buying it..

even though I made more money in playfire rewards back than what I paid... but they TRICKED us dammit

then they offered two large updates for free that added content in a further means to trick people...

shady devs

/s

wetflame

Pizza Dog
nah bruh, they tricked everyone into buying it..

even though I made more money in playfire rewards back than what I paid... but they TRICKED us dammit

then they offered two large updates for free that added content in a further means to trick people...

shady devs

/s

Plus it contained everyone's true GOTY, Flappy Goat. Yet more trickery.

Salsa

well im back from vacation

I almost bought a vita but didnt

gonna install olliolli, thank god I heard about that humble bundle while away

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I find your fascination with Goat sim disturbing, somewhat
if you aren't joking

It was a fun game, playing it got me more money back from GMG than I paid for it, and they're adding more silly stuff to the game for free. What's not to like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom