• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel81

I have both black labels of DC1 and 2, as well as Dino Stalker, and that xbox game.
PC and the DC version is all i'm missing. In terms of NA releases.

Does not compute. It must be a figment of your imagination.

I envy your black labels. Had the original black label, but sold it to get a Dreamcast back then.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
New 'personal' game from Alex Hutchinson (Far Cry 4/AC III) greenlit by Ubisoft

Ubi experiment track record so far:
1. Far Cry: Blood Dragon - Great
2. Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - Great
3. Child of Light - Great
4. Valiant Hearts - Good

5. Hutchinson Project - Great?

AC3 was the best AC with the best protagonist (Connor) and the most interesting cultural aspects (I loved how much dialogue was actually spoken in the native tongue). I only played the first couple hours of FC4 so far, but it seems like a great follow-up to 3.

fantomena

AC3 was the best AC with the best protagonist (Connor) and the most interesting cultural aspects (I loved how much dialogue was actually spoken in the native tongue). I only played the first couple hours of FC4 so far, but it seems like a great follow-up to 3.

You think AC3 is better than AC2?

Miguel81

I like Connor, especially after playing through the Homestead missions. The guy had a hard life, and was forever stuck between two worlds with each side pulling on him. He was the "good guy" of the series, and damn did I get emotional
after Achilles death
. The original game is my fav, but 3 is a fine game(outside of some glitches).

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WinterDemons, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 34 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Crusader Kings II Plus DLC -- MB-925F6635FAD47607 - Taken by Faabulous. 7 entrants total.
Gone Home With Soundtrack -- MB-F8A4F0709C1B28FD - Taken by Naked Snake. 17 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Prison Architect -- MB-C950E87F79A973BF - Taken by TheLight. 60 entrants total.
Galactic Civilizations II Ultimate Edition -- MB-AF00834BEDCB3B84 - Taken by hepburn3d. 1 entrants total.
PixelJunk Eden -- MB-D71E5DB98AA0CD76 - Taken by DocSeuss. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII STEAM EDITION -- MB-2481B41988CBEF71 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 39 entrants total.
Hammerwatch -- MB-66CDFB3270A26785 - Taken by Vlad. 2 entrants total.
Unholy Heights -- MB-D9733D7D58752EF1 - Taken by SilentMatthew. 8 entrants total.
Astebreed -- MB-3CE4BF9811E3A47C - Taken by provista. 46 entrants total.
Whispering Willows -- MB-9A5289CBC8AA7AC5 - Taken by Madn. 7 entrants total.
Snow Light -- MB-2D8B65A72CFB029A - Taken by Vuze. 3 entrants total.
Knytt Underground -- MB-6B859180785E61D5 - Taken by Benedict. 4 entrants total.
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Complete Pack -- MB-9A168F43BD73626B - Taken by Kiru. 10 entrants total.
SteamWorld Dig -- MB-3072D0D0403F355B - Taken by Zeeman. 6 entrants total.
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae -- MB-F47C9EA9FA02BABF - Taken by Kuroyume. 27 entrants total.
Blades of Time Limited Edition -- MB-7E163E7201FFE3DF - Taken by Shadownet. 7 entrants total.
Rock of Ages -- MB-CB7B606B2083CDF7 - Taken by freshVeggie. 2 entrants total.
Depth Hunter 2 Deep Dive -- MB-3589CBEEAA59BABD - Taken by redlacs. 3 entrants total.
The Bridge -- MB-79B7BA2A3CE3467D - Taken by Sajjaja. 3 entrants total.
Ys Origin -- MB-52EA7319688EB2D8 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 29 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-B545CEF486410D74 - Taken by dave is ok. 15 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-513FA978D99DE114 - Taken by Madn. 4 entrants total.
Race the Sun -- MB-97BDA0CC9268155D - Taken by iosefe. 11 entrants total.
One Way Heroics -- MB-9A2B71E7D1087790 - Taken by denx. 1 entrants total.
Expeditions Conquistador -- MB-5377558B9C88DE83 - Taken by Servizio. 3 entrants total.
GIGANTIC ARMY -- MB-EC314196BB70276A - Taken by darkchewie. 3 entrants total.
LUFTRAUSERS -- MB-D7B4A4E2179F6B48 - Taken by madjoki. 29 entrants total.
Mount & Blade -- MB-BC6A267FAB42CAA0 - Taken by sensoft04. 1 entrants total.
Gunpoint -- MB-637377CACFB0D637 - Taken by Last Baron. 4 entrants total.
Deadlight -- MB-60AA0FFF3B7C9BD1 - Taken by WavekSra. 3 entrants total.
QbQbQb -- MB-8199428C974397B2 - Taken by alr1ght. 8 entrants total.
PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-90C8F7085D0154E0 - Taken by DillonMabry. 3 entrants total.
Papers, Please -- MB-CFBFB9C22B47A80D - Taken by eyeless. 16 entrants total.
Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-E1D163AE53B85A75 - Taken by RyanPierre. 17 entrants total.

t1416461448z1.png

So I was wondering, does anyone else not pay for anti virus protection? I just use free programs and keep out of fishy sites. I use malware bytes and like 2 other small programs that I don't remember their names ATM(at work).

Nabs

This game is okay.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

PGP3OVL.png
The Witcher 2 (GOG) -- MB-B633F73250D4684E - Taken by 2n2

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So I was wondering, does anyone else not pay for anti virus protection? I just use free programs and keep out of fishy sites. I use malware bytes and like 2 other small programs that I don't remember their names ATM(at work).

You only need three things on a Personal Computer (not talking about Lolmacs here) in regards to viruses (which are hard to come by these days), Trojan Horses and Browser Extensions that like to take over everything:

1. Microsoft Security Essentials
  2. Don't be an idiot
  3. ADBlock specific malicious websites (Illegal live video streaming websites, for instance)

Malware bytes are only useful if you're a complete numbskull that clicks every advertisement/doesn't uncheck every "search engine" partner software that every single piece of Free Software has built in nowadays.

Cade

I've only heard good impressions so far on This War of Mine, has anyone who's played it here had any real issues/annoyances with it?

zkylon

zkylewd
New 'personal' game from Alex Hutchinson (Far Cry 4/AC III) greenlit by Ubisoft

Ubi experiment track record so far:
1. Far Cry: Blood Dragon - Great
2. Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - Great
3. Child of Light - Great
4. Valiant Hearts - Good

5. Hutchinson Project - Great?

personally i thought connor was kind of lame but i'm not a big fan of the other ass creed protagonists (haven't played 4 so maybe conway's cool). i do agree on the cultural thing, i kinda wish they played to that even more since most people didn't seem to notice you were like half native but that was cool. ac3 also has a pretty great villain and if you ignore the future parts which are total garbage it's a surprisingly good ass creed game

i'd still say ac2 is my favorite and the best tho. it's the first one to dip in the ubi collect-a-ton pool but hadn't gone as far as 3 or brotherhood with a billion dots in the map and just has a fun supporting cast and i really like the out-of-animus parts in that one (being able to see present day monteriggioni was so damn cool). i also really liked upgrading monteriggioni, that was awesome. yea ass 2 was awesome

You think AC3 is better than AC2?
if you haven't played it, ass 3 is surprisingly competent for all the flak it got

it's just boring imo, mostly cos it's unfocused with all the wilderness stuff and the ship combat (which i thought was boring) and mission design being pretty lame.

but in-animus story is among of the strongest of the series and the setting is actually more interesting than you'd think. the native angle thing is done pretty well and even the british aren't (entirely) demonized, nor all those american heroes turned into huge greater-than-life beings.

but yeah it's pretty boring where ass 2 is not, so i'd say still worse

Malwarebytes here, never got infected by anything anyway.
I really don't understand how people manage to get viruses in their machines, either I'm the luckiest guy in the world or they are very unlucky.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Game 3 -- MB-1C1DD193ECB4E565 - Taken by Purkake4. 26 entrants total.
Mystery Game 2 -- MB-C069BD78E1FBE1C5 - Taken by alr1ght. 24 entrants total.
Mystery Game 5 -- MB-A4B09B548E0D6B4C - Taken by wetflame. 23 entrants total.
Mystery Game 4 -- MB-E7DD7E12A75FCE1D - Taken by The Red Wizard. 22 entrants total.
Mystery Game 7 -- MB-6A70862542ED1B10 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 28 entrants total.
Mystery Game 6 -- MB-9BC4B80ED4893A79 - Taken by Deques. 29 entrants total.
Mystery Game 9 -- MB-538263379BF896F5 - Taken by ScreamingTrees. 22 entrants total.
Mystery Game 8 -- MB-14E4BCD3601CD783 - Taken by Naked Snake. 22 entrants total.
Mystery Game -- MB-5C308C092268463B - Taken by dave is ok. 20 entrants total.
Mystery Game 10 -- MB-9D8963FAB7F00D8D - Taken by Shadownet. 18 entrants total.

t1416429650z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd

i use mse cos he's like low maintenance

Those ten mystery games are intriguing. I will assume 9 are bad rats and one is
bad rats
if it were 9 you could guess 9 insurgencies

i entered my favorite number

hope it's not a repeat

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Whoever wins those mystery games better post in the thread what they end up being, or we will be doomed to eternally wonder.

prudislav

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (prudislav, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Soundodger Plus -- MB-CFD8505DA219065E - Taken by FauX. 5 entrants total.

t1416429950z1.png
[/QUOTE]

Ah yea Microsoft essentials as well, I forgot about that one. Only time I ever got something on my computer was this malware called conduit, I have no idea how i got it since I don't go to no shady sites, hell I don't even go to nsfw sites on my PC if you catch my drift. That shit was a pain in the ass to remove, it took me a month to figure out how to wipe that shit out of my PC. Still got the URL with the instructions on how to remove it just in case it ever comes back up

Parsnip

I use free Avast, but I only install the file system shield and web shield. All the "grimefighters" and stuff can go suck an egg.

dex3108

This happened to one of my wireless 360 pads I noticed when playing ME3.
Had to mash hard as hell to keep it held down for the powers screen.

Mine is still "working" but it is lottery. Sometimes light press will work and sometimes hard press XD And i don't feel and hear standard click sound.

I'm building my first gaming PC in a decade, so I'm new to Steam and just starting to collect games. This and the Free to a Good Home threads, which I've since to ignored, suddenly look like goldmines @_@

Need 4 more posts before I'm eligible to some raffles :/

Parsnip

I'm building my first gaming PC in a decade, so I'm new to Steam and just starting to collect games. This and the Free to a Good Home threads, which I've since to ignored, suddenly look like goldmines @_@

Hello. Welcome to Steam and PC gaming.

You should put on some clothes.

Turfster

Daily Metal Slug X 40% off, Metal Slug 3 75% off
Humble Daily Tropico 5 50% off

Lol AssUnitard is "now available".
90€ for the "gold" version. Really? Without any indication of what's actually in it?

Nzyme32

I see. What's with the 'Exclusive' though? That looks silly for a news like this.

By the sounds of it, it's just because they asked the question and no one else has. Pretty pointless of them to say, but maybe it drives more clicks. Particularly if other sites then have to relay them as the source

On topic of that news though.... L4D 3 in March plz

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)

Godspeed. First couple of Steam sales will leave you legit shook with how much you will end up buying and how many giveaways you will see.

Nzyme32

Good luck, and welcome! Things have certainly changed in all those years :p

What's your steamid? I'd be happy to gift you some duplicate games I have to help you get started.

Omega

Banned

i highly suggest not using Steam until February. otherwise be prepared to spend a ton of money on games you'll never even play

Anteater

Welcome to steamGAF!

With how cheap games cost nowadays, it's like gaming heaven, I've got the chance to try out many more games I wouldn't think of buying a few years back.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Congratulations, there will be a medium-sized Steam sale next week (most likely), so you have good timing.

It won't be as big as the Winter Sale, but it's something.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

You picked almost literally the best time to get into Steam. The Steam Fall sale should be starting soon (tomorrow? Next week?) and you'll see some massive discounts and "too good to pass up" sales.

There are also some really great bundles running right now, like the current Humble Bundle. $12 buys you 10 really great games. They also have a weekly bundle going on that gets you a ton of older Worms games + Superfrog HD + Alien Breed for as little as $1 (it's "Pay what you want").

And of course I would be remiss if I didn't recommend you install the Enhanced Steam extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom