• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
We all know that you like it for the waifus.

PYcU5Cm.png

that's a quote literally saying the opposite -__-

it's got the (trademark pending) zkylon promise and everything

Maniac

Banned
Well I actually won a key. Another issue though, I already have AMD4U account from around year ago so I decided to log into that account to activate this new key. Apparently they now require account verification so I entered my e-mail address and mobile phone number on their verify form and hit continue. SMS arrived, and an e-mail arrived but the e-mail said "Thank you for verifying your account". But.. I didn't verify it, I was supposed to get an e-mail to verify my account. Now I have the SMS which alone can't be used to verify account, need both e-mail and SMS verification. I can't log into my account because I need to verify it, and the verify doesn't work because it thinks I already verified.

I love it when developers implement new features and forget that they already had existing users whose accounts probably don't work like new accounts. I wonder if my key still works when the support gets back to me.

edit: Forgot to mention, but they actually have a system to re-send the SMS, but no way to re-send the e-mail (that wasn't sent in the first place..)
You could, uh, always sell me the key.

I really want another SC ship :|

Arthea

at least you could learn a games's name, it would do good for your argument (><)
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae, it's not THAT hard, I remember it from the time I voted on it on greenlight, actually and it was long ago already!

Oh, and this time zky is right, the game is fun.

so, while im enjoying South Park, did anyone else find that they can't play it for more than an hour at a time? I just kinda find myself having to take a break after an hour of playing because it's not really moving very fast. I like the whole paper-mario battle system, enjoy the Earthbound-ish vibes i get from the game, but it's just so slowwwww.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
so, while im enjoying South Park, did anyone else find that they can't play it for more than an hour at a time? I just kinda find myself having to take a break after an hour of playing because it's not really moving very fast. I like the whole paper-mario battle system, enjoy the Earthbound-ish vibes i get from the game, but it's just so slowwwww.

I had the same reaction. Great game, great humor. The fighting sequences are just painfully slow. Certain parts of the game are also really tedious (go here, get this, walk back here, do that) and it feels like you're moving at a snail's pace sometimes.

I liked it, but after playing it for several hours at a go I think I burned myself out on it and haven't gone back since.

I had the same reaction. Great game, great humor. The fighting sequences are just painfully slow. Certain parts of the game are also really tedious (go here, get this, walk back here, do that) and it feels like you're moving at a snail's pace sometimes.

I liked it, but after playing it for several hours at a go I think I burned myself out on it and haven't gone back since.

ok, so it's not just me then. And yeah, it's a bummer that so far, most of the quests have been go over here, do this, oh and once you get there, it's not over you need to do this too. It just feels extra tedious because you know that the folks behind south park are smart enough to know that this is such a trope, and you know that obsidian is capable of crafting fine rpg adventures.

Making fun of killing rats in an rpg doesnt make killing rats in your game suddenly more enjoyable just because you poked fun at it.

lucky, it seems like south park isn't too long so i'm going to stick it out just so i can hear people openly debate about it during the GOTY podcasts.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)

I haven't played South Park but to me slow battles are a total deal breaker in turn-based RPGs nowadays. No matter how good everything else about the game may be I eventually stop going back to it because it gets too boring.

On the other hand, I'll finish the dumbest RPG as long as the battles are fun and speedy and the graphics have reasonable eye candy. :p

Tellaerin

we already know! on November 27th

I'm done with guessing, every time when I'm sure I guessed... it's something else, every single time (><)
they drawing skills kinda suck too (><)

Hey now. Jonny Cappuccino's art "skills" add a much-needed air of mystery to the proceedings.
("Air of mystery" as in, "I have no effing idea what that... doodle... thing is supposed to be.")

Jawmuncher

Got a hold of the full boxed PC version. Outer box is slightly damage but nothing major.
Sadly no real surprises here, since the box does nothing but hold in the jewel case. No flyers or anything inside.
The Box and Jewel case are slightly different from the PSX however as seen here.
PC
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/dino-crisis-2/cover-art
PSX
http://www.mobygames.com/game/playstation/dino-crisis-2/cover-art

Also these are the only images I have found for the US PC release of DC1.
PAL copies seem to be readily available complete, but US is very hard to find new. If found such as on amazon, the prices are very high.
Also apparently there is a theme for the first game as well. Which I will try to get a hold of.

From the Dino Crisis Port Thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=933580

Got a hold of the full boxed PC version. Outer box is slightly damage but nothing major.
Sadly no real surprises here, since the box does nothing but hold in the jewel case. No flyers or anything inside.

The Box and Jewel case are slightly different from the PSX however as seen here.
PC
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/dino-crisis-2/cover-art
PSX
http://www.mobygames.com/game/playstation/dino-crisis-2/cover-art

Also these are the only images I have found for the US PC release of DC1.
PAL copies seem to be readily available complete, but US is very hard to find new. If found such as on amazon, the prices are very high.

Also apparently there is a theme for the first game as well. Which I will try to get a hold of.

From the Dino Crisis Port Thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=933580
man, them nostalgia feels seeing big ass PC boxes again.

keep fighting the good fight, maybe now that capcom is digging into some of their older stuff like they did with REmake we might eventually get the DC games on steam.

well, maybe not DC3.

I still need to play DC2, wonder how well it works on the vita.

zkylon

zkylewd
at least you could learn a games's name, it would do good for your argument (><)
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae, it's not THAT hard, I remember it from the time I voted on it on greenlight, actually and it was long ago already!

Oh, and this time zky is right, the game is fun.
if i don't know how paranoia agent is called in japanese, i'm not gonna learn this

tengen toppa gurren lagann took all the japanese words slots in my brain

blame gainax

Jawmuncher

man, them nostalgia feels seeing big ass PC boxes again.

keep fighting the good fight, maybe now that capcom is digging into some of their older stuff like they did with REmake we might eventually get the DC games on steam.

well, maybe not DC3.

I still need to play DC2, wonder how well it works on the vita.

Perfectly. It's a ton of fun on the go and the action just works really well there.
Game is only about 3-4 hours long. So if you ever have some traveling, it would be perfect for that. Yeah hoping that they rerelease these older games on steam someday.

Nzyme32

So, apparently the japanese Steam sale poster says "Get ready for a special surprise". Might be GZ then :p

A discount on top of the regular preorder discount like MGR did things?

I can deal with that.

Yeah, I've been calling this one as well after MG Rising did a similar thing in the holiday sale last year. A word of warning though - don't buy it straight away, or you'll get the wrong price! Last time they had the pre-order discount already applied, and then about 5 mins later when all the prices updated to sale prices, it got even more taken off the price

Does Greenlight still exist? I remember there used to be batches released on greenlight and i have like 500 bundle games that are "waiting" to be greenlit :*(

kudoboi

The required specs for GZ have been released?

Minimum:
Processor: Core i5 SandyBridge 4Core (4 Thread) 2.7GHz or above
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 650 or above
DirectX: Version 11

Recommended:
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 760 or above
DirectX: Version 11

weird that they dont show AMD equivalent

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

it's got the (trademark pending) zkylon promise and everything

I dunno, you specifically mention the pantsu and costumes :p

Does Greenlight still exist? I remember there used to be batches released on greenlight and i have like 500 bundle games that are "waiting" to be greenlit :*(

It's a slow drip now in which a game is Greenlit every few days.

Arthea probably knows more about Greenlight submissions than the majority of Valve's employees at this point, considering his usual Greenlight posts.

what do you guys think the price will be?

How much is it on consoles currently? $20?

Then base price will be the same, with a base discount of 25% and a daily of 33%? Did Rising reach 50% last holiday?

Yes it still exists, but they aren't doing batches anymore.

Nzyme32

The required specs for GZ have been released?

http://steamcommunity.com/games/311340/announcements/detail/252528513507459981

Minimum & Recommended Specifications
19 NOVEMBER - ROBERTPEELERKJP
This is where it gets interesting!

I have some new information for you all! It might seem familiar (those “spies” reported well) but believe me its brand new. I’m back to give all of you the official specs for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes on PC.

We have both the minimum and recommended specs to play the game, and while there’s a good chance your rig can pull off a variety of in-game settings with a different piece of hardware than what’s listed below, we hope this gives you a good idea of what you’ll need to see the Fox Engine in action on your home computer.

Minimum Specifications:

Memory: 4 GB RAM or above
Graphics: GeForce GTX 650 or above
DirectX: Version 11 or above

Recommended Specifications:

Memory: 8 GB RAM or above
Graphics: GeForce GTX 760 or above
DirectX: Version 11 or above

Well there you have it, in just a moment I’ll put this up on the main purchase page for easy reference. Hopefully most of you are already prepared. You might find upgrading PCs is just one of those things that gets easier the more you do it.

More important however is that you guys are getting your feedback in! The team has been very helpful and worked to get you clear answers to all your questions. We’re only a few weeks away from the release of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes on Steam, but I’ll be sure to keep up with you for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and beyond!

You want to finish your missions in game and get those PC achievements, don’t you?

-KJPDev

I only found out because I had hit the "Follow" button, that devs can keep users updated with

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Yeah, tell me about it. IsThereAnyDeal has the same problem, and as it is I already get tons of emails from people every day saying along the lines of "oh this price is wrong you need to fix it..."

Recent changes in the API are also the root cause of why I'm most likely going to have to remove the "Library" feature of Enhanced Steam :(

Perfectly. It's a ton of fun on the go and the action just works really well there.
Game is only about 3-4 hours long. So if you ever have some traveling, it would be perfect for that. Yeah hoping that they rerelease these older games on steam someday.

I really do hope Capcom re-release their classic games on Steam & GOG.

Yeah, tell me about it. IsThereAnyDeal has the same problem, and as it is I already get tons of emails from people every day saying along the lines of "oh this price is wrong you need to fix it..."

you got an autoreply set up? because it sounds like if you don't have that happening that maybe you should include on that explains that stuff in the autoreply, among other things.

MQX

Had a feeling that the Autumn Sale would be coming next week(or on the first week of December). Welp. I guess I have to prepare my wallet for the Autumn Sale :X.

Daily Metal Slug X 40% off, Metal Slug 3 75% off
Humble Daily Tropico 5 50% off

Lol AssUnitard is "now available".
90€ for the "gold" version. Really? Without any indication of what's actually in it?
Metal Slug X on sale? O:

If only the discount was 50% or higher :X.

another free to play VN hits steam, it was greenlit not long ago

it's in English, no worries

Hm. Apparently this game has some nudity(if I look at some screenshots in the community group). I'm actually surprised :eek: (because most of the VN's on Steam are all-age(s) edition).
Also:

Hatsune Miku? Is that you? o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom