• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

iosefe

Holy shit I don't think I've ever had this many replies this fast to any of my posts before (unless it was a thread I started). This community seems awesome :)

I'll reply on multiple posts to become a non-lurker quicker :p

Thanks. I have a ton of clothes on I assure you, it's pretty chilly in my flat.

This thread? Yep!

Yeah I was expecting that. I've witnessed the Steam sales from the sidelines for the past few years and I heard the cries of many gamers' wallets.

we graciously welcome another Snake into out club

Arthea

I'm honestly surprised you even try when 100 keys are available (and some even get), I've learnt the hard way, that if it's less than thousands of something, not worth even trying (><)

It's nigh impossible to win those things anyway.

see? Turf understands it too

Phinor

Well I actually won a key. Another issue though, I already have AMD4U account from around year ago so I decided to log into that account to activate this new key. Apparently they now require account verification so I entered my e-mail address and mobile phone number on their verify form and hit continue. SMS arrived, and an e-mail arrived but the e-mail said "Thank you for verifying your account". But.. I didn't verify it, I was supposed to get an e-mail to verify my account. Now I have the SMS which alone can't be used to verify account, need both e-mail and SMS verification. I can't log into my account because I need to verify it, and the verify doesn't work because it thinks I already verified.

I love it when developers implement new features and forget that they already had existing users whose accounts probably don't work like new accounts. I wonder if my key still works when the support gets back to me.

edit: Forgot to mention, but they actually have a system to re-send the SMS, but no way to re-send the e-mail (that wasn't sent in the first place..)

iosefe

Well I actually won a key. Another issue though, I already have AMD4U account from around year ago so I decided to log into that account to activate this new key. Apparently they now require account verification so I entered my e-mail address and mobile phone number on their verify form and hit continue. SMS arrived, and an e-mail arrived but the e-mail said "Thank you for verifying your account". But.. I didn't verify it, I was supposed to get an e-mail to verify my account. Now I have the SMS which alone can't be used to verify account, need both e-mail and SMS verification. I can't log into my account because I need to verify it, and the verify doesn't work because it thinks I already verified.

I love it when developers implement new features and forget that they already had existing users whose accounts probably don't work like new accounts. I wonder if my key still works when the support gets back to me.

edit: Forgot to mention, but they actually have a system to re-send the SMS, but no way to re-send the e-mail (that wasn't sent in the first place..)
if it doesn't work, i can help you out, i've still got an open spot on mine and i can redeem the amd code and send you the steam codes

they allow having the same game in two different redemptions right?

You picked almost literally the best time to get into Steam. The Steam Fall sale should be starting soon (tomorrow? Next week?) and you'll see some massive discounts and "too good to pass up" sales.

There are also some really great bundles running right now, like the current Humble Bundle. $12 buys you 10 really great games. They also have a weekly bundle going on that gets you a ton of older Worms games + Superfrog HD + Alien Breed for as little as $1 (it's "Pay what you want").

And of course I would be remiss if I didn't recommend you install the Enhanced Steam extension.

I've seen this Humblebundle but I'm not familiar with any of the games in it (man the indie scene is massive and I'm mostly ignorant about it). Thing is I just moved to a new flat 2 days ago and I still haven't set up a residential Internet connection or even hooked up my PC yet. Been using the net on my phone and my data plan is about to run out, so trying to keep my image heavy page visits to a minimum and no videos. And I know if I set up my PC before I get a connection I'm going to feel even more frustrated...

Welcome to. This place is amazing. A week after joining I'd spent 15 bucks and gotten over a hundred new games. Godspeed, son.

Also what's your steam? I think I have a few duplicates I could throw your way to get you started with!

My steamid is adelgary

Perhaps I should mention that I already Super Hexagon (I think a GAFer gifted it to me last year) and I got a Steam code for Metro 2033 and Insurgency, and GoG code for The Witcher 2 from this thread and another. Haven't redeemed them yet though since I haven't setup my PC yet (hope they don't expire or something?)

Hey everyone!

Got a couple of games to give away, but I have to check that they aren't already claimed first. This one is just to see if I got this ModBot thing right.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (RoaringHawk, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

10 Classic SEGA Genesis Games, Medieval II: Total War, Typing of the Dead: Overkill, Binary Domain, Renegade Ops -- MB-2133A071A74957A7 - Taken by The Dear Leader
Alpha Protocol, Company of Heroes, Rome: Total War, Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit -- MB-AAA9A47E4C3CD176 - Taken by iosefe

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Today is pretty much the 19th so it's my 20th birthday and one year anniversary on NeoGAF!

Happy birth-versary!

also mitsuru whatever whatever is a lot more fun that it has any right to be

well maybe not a lot

but i liked it

We all know that you like it for the waifus.

PYcU5Cm.png

It's nice to have the dates for the Autumn sale confirmed at least.

another free to play VN hits steam, it was greenlit not long ago

it's in English, no worries

That looks sort of interesting, it's always nice to have another free VN on Steam.

derExperte

I had Geometry Wars 3 in my cart, but then....

I would definitely wait on preordering this. I have yet to hear a single positive impression from anyone who's played this at PAX.

GiantBomb talked about it off hand like it was one of their biggest disappointments of PAX, and I know a few GAFfers chimed in on the last GW3 thread we had. Anyone else been able to demo the game?

More details?

It didn't feel much like GW. The things they added (like spherical worlds) didn't serve to improve the experience, they just made it more frustrating. Granted my impressions are based off of 15 minutes of playtime, but being a huge fan of the original two games my short time with this one really dampened my hype.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Game 3 -- MB-1C1DD193ECB4E565 - Taken by Purkake4. 26 entrants total.
Mystery Game 2 -- MB-C069BD78E1FBE1C5 - Taken by alr1ght. 24 entrants total.
Mystery Game 5 -- MB-A4B09B548E0D6B4C - Taken by wetflame. 23 entrants total.
Mystery Game 4 -- MB-E7DD7E12A75FCE1D - Taken by The Red Wizard. 22 entrants total.
Mystery Game 7 -- MB-6A70862542ED1B10 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 28 entrants total.
Mystery Game 6 -- MB-9BC4B80ED4893A79 - Taken by Deques. 29 entrants total.
Mystery Game 9 -- MB-538263379BF896F5 - Taken by ScreamingTrees. 22 entrants total.
Mystery Game 8 -- MB-14E4BCD3601CD783 - Taken by Naked Snake. 22 entrants total.

Mystery Game -- MB-5C308C092268463B - Taken by dave is ok. 20 entrants total.
Mystery Game 10 -- MB-9D8963FAB7F00D8D - Taken by Shadownet. 18 entrants total.

t1416429650z1.png

Asgaro

Welp, someone got busted for Far Cry 4 piracy.
feels_good_man.jpeg

And not just someone, but a quite well known Youtuber.
I see him frequently in Youtube comments since he gets upvoted because he's well known.

(Not to be confused with FrankieOnPCIn1080p)

Copy/pasting my screens from the thread about Far Cry 4 piracy:
(I commented in that Reddit thread as well; same nickname as here)

Before:

farcry4pirating.PNG

After:

after.PNG

Welp, someone got busted for Far Cry 4 piracy.
feels_good_man.jpeg

And not just someone, but a quite well known Youtuber.
I see him frequently in Youtube comments since he gets upvoted because he's well known.

(Not to be confused with FrankieOnPCIn1080p)

Copy/pasting my screens from the thread about Far Cry 4 piracy:
(I commented in that Reddit thread as well; same nickname as here)

The fact that he went back and deleted his comments is damning. It's really sad and funny the amount of dumb ass excuses people come up with to try and justify pirating.

Shadownet

Banned
Would someone please think of the children?
stop torrenting games

I had grilled snake over an open fire once. It was surprisingly good.

It's nigh impossible to win those things anyway.

It's amazing how, after this many botched releases, Alienware still hasn't come up with a better solution to distribute those keys (especially when it results in the site going to a crawl and nobody understanding what's happening). They'd be better off doing a Godankey.com giveaway and make it timed entry/raffle.

Asgaro

The fact that he went back and deleted his comments is damning. It's really sad and funny the amount of dumb ass excuses people come up with to try and justify pirating.

It is.

- I don't have the monieeesss!
You filthy scrub lord. If you have the money to buy/assemble a gaming PC that can run the latest AAA games, you also have the money for a game.

- I want to test whether I would liiiiiike it!
Ever heard of Youtube? Complete 1080p playthroughs to be found only a day after a game's release. Now also in 60fps.

- I want to see whether it runs gooooood.
Well, wait and analyse threads/articles on the internet and compare with your hardware. On top of that you know every game at release runs like a turd nowadays. That's even more of a reason to wait it out instead of either pirating the game or buying the game.

Arthea

wait a moment... vouchers we get as playfire rewards doesn't work in VIP section? and with credit? and has min 10€ limit? What's a point of them at all then?

MadGear

I feel like i wasted my money on the operation pass for CS:GO. Only getting consumer grade Weapons again and don't even enjoy the new maps. Best i got out of the last operation where 2 industrial grade weapons ... this is why I'll never open a single case.

Monooboe

Damn it's almost impossible not to get bitter when Ubisoft STILL hasn't sent out Far Cry 4 which I pre-ordered back in september. Irritates me to no end also that their support ain't that supportive. Almost made me buy candy again to lift up my mood haha, yeah I'm reacting to this way more than I should.

On a Steam-note though, did This War of Mine get regionlocked? I'm sure I saw it on dispenser but it's gone now.

L.O.R.D

guys , what happened to Oddworld New 'N' Tasty for steam ?
no date for release ?
last time i heard they finished it on PC , but they polish it more

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
ModBot said:
I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-BB85C71D75038251 - Taken by lindarasta
Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy -- MB-15300B5A32ECECAF - Taken by Vardhan

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Santerestil, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Santerestil, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Worms Armageddon -- MB-BA7AF07CF1D747B2 - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 10 entrants total.
Worms -- MB-3C0B3429AE0B8505 - Taken by hepburn3d. 3 entrants total.
Superfrog HD -- MB-D0CF7C13F6DF6809 - Taken by gaiadyne. 1 entrants total.
Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-9B4A4A4B64AD5AB2
Worms Pinball -- MB-9DF46F3FD36958B3
Worms Crazy Golf -- MB-750E31397BC0DBCC
Risk of Rain #2 -- MB-D2E496D347C8CAB3 - Taken by johnssy123. 1 entrants total.
Risk of Rain #3 -- MB-20A7DE4D23F27FD5 - Taken by Casimir. 1 entrants total.
Worms Blast -- MB-1551F1CF8C12295E
Risk of Rain -- MB-226BC66C2E0AFB1F - Taken by Vandiger. 1 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Teleglitch: Die More Edition was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Risk of Rain #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Risk of Rain #3 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Risk of Rain was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1416430787z1.png

Arthea

guys , what happened to Oddworld New 'N' Tasty for steam ?
no date for release ?
last time i heard they finished it on PC , but they polish it more

there were some comparison videos and that was last news I've seen, it was at least month ago if not more.

chronomac

No idea if these still work but they were sitting in my Humble Bundle library:

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Landmark 1-week Closed Beta Key -- MB-B00EB51CF1CAE216
EVE Online Rifter Ship Skin -- MB-4AF0559910E500FC
Payday 2 Lycanwulf and The One Below Masks -- MB-1F5E89F948C86FAD - Taken by Varg
EVE Online Trial Key -- MB-FB8A2C984BB13782

Arthea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom