• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
On topic of that news though.... L4D 3 in March plz

Unlikely due to large SM presence :p Valve doesn't seem like a company which likes overlapping news. They like focusing on one thing at a time.

Will depend if they'll have news to share with the SU initiative or just showing off existing SMs. Also, maybe L4D3 will be already revealed before all that :p

I found this weird Dragone Age: Inquisition browser game. If you finish it you get the Red Lyrium Weapon Pack in the game: http://quest.dragonage.com/en-us/

icon-blade.png

icon-staff.png

icon-sword.png

I don't believe they show up immediately, but I think they get put in the same place in Haven as the deluxe equipment. Chest in the house you woke up in.

100 keys will be added to the AMD Group Giveaway for Never Settle Space Edition Silver Keys on Wednesday, November 19th at 7 PM GMT.

Great they didnt include a link. Not a clue where to get those...

another free to play VN hits steam, it was greenlit not long ago

it's in English, no worries

I remember this from years ago on 4chan where the dev posted the backgrounds. Really beautiful. And then you have those deviantart-characters :(

ModBot said:
Instructions for Da DreadLord:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Da DreadLord, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

PGP3OVL.png
The Witcher 2 (GOG) -- MB-0D7D693A3DD6A56A - Taken by The Cowboy

Maniac

Banned
He just added me. Thanks :D Didn't even know this group existed.

Well that is pretty smart of them. But I'm sure a pirated patch will be out soon and those who pirated the game will get their POV slider.

So if this is 1080p, 30 fps on Ultra is better than I expected. the minimum 3 fps part. does that happen a lot? I hope its a stable 30fps.
It doesn't actually happend in gameplay at all. The benchmark is bugged, and has been since release. I thought this was common knowledge as it was talked about quite a bit in the last SteamGAF thread, but I suppose it wasn't entirely common knowledge afterall.
The 3 fps is right after you start the benchmark on Mordor. EVERY single time I start a benchmark (no matter if it's on 640x480), I have a frame dip on single digit. It always happen only when I start it.
Yup. As I mentioned, it's bugged / broken. The minimum FPS isn't at all a useful factor, sadly. You'd have to manually monitor it to find the lowest, although lowest is quite irrelevant either way. I do find the benchmark is good at finding a useful average though. Still sad to hear you having trouble though, I played it with everything on Ultra except for the ultra texture-pack, with a steady 60 :/ (On a 780, that is)
Lol those people are fast. I was expecting the pirated patch to come out today.

Also Snake, lol why are you having so much trouble trying to get it to 1080p? XD
Probably because his screen isn't 1080p... :p

And Snake, damnit, you need a new screen! :p
Oh, that's it? I thought it was something significantly involving the whole issue. Thanks for the clarification however.
IIRC one of the developers was wearing some GamerGate shirt during a video and was defending it. Not 100% sure about it, don't know if there is something else to it.
Well, he wore a t-shirt ridiculing the whole thing, and he's also ridiculed it quite a lot on twitter and the likes. Which is understandable, since the entire thing is ridiculous and deserve nothing more than to be ridiculed.
Because this whole movement is bollocks, they're right. Doesn't mean you can't ask around. Dunno, I haven't bothered with this at all since its inception.
Wise choice. Wish I'd done the same. But I got out, damnit, I got out! I did it! And better late than never.

Anyway, Kingdom Come is god damned pretty! Got the pre-alpha village "module" and it looks superb. And it has PBR to boot :']

Madn

If I win a mystery game am I going to know straight away what it is or do I have to put the code in steam to find out?
Also, why aren't they in order? It's painful to watch ;_;

If I collect the stamps on gog but I already own the game am I going to get a copy to gift or just the free movie?

Arthea

Great they didnt include a link. Not a clue where to get those...

I remember this from years ago on 4chan where the dev posted the backgrounds. Really beautiful. And then you have those deviantart-characters :(

yeah, I noticed contrast between backgrounds and characters at once, but it's free, so no point in complaining
I also wish people stopped using devianart as derogatory term, I know where are you coming from, but still not all devianart is awful.

Maniac

Banned
AC3 was the best AC with the best protagonist (Connor) and the most interesting cultural aspects (I loved how much dialogue was actually spoken in the native tongue). I only played the first couple hours of FC4 so far, but it seems like a great follow-up to 3.
AC3 was bad though. Connor was awful, the native tongue was dumb and the game was the beginning of the end of AC's greatness. It's the one that started fucking up the story, lore and mere logic of it all, though!

I still fucking love the setting and a lot of the stuff you mentioned. I just wish it'd not been an AC game, or atleast not one played through the animoose.
I'm building my first gaming PC in a decade, so I'm new to Steam and just starting to collect games. This and the Free to a Good Home threads, which I've since to ignored, suddenly look like goldmines @_@

Need 4 more posts before I'm eligible to some raffles :/
Welcome to. This place is amazing. A week after joining I'd spent 15 bucks and gotten over a hundred new games. Godspeed, son.

Also what's your steam? I think I have a few duplicates I could throw your way to get you started with!
Unlikely due to large SM presence :p Valve doesn't seem like a company which likes overlapping news. They like focusing on one thing at a time.

Will depend if they'll have news to share with the SU initiative or just showing off existing SMs. Also, maybe L4D3 will be already revealed before all that :p
Orange Box kind of says "We love overlapping!" though. But I concur, but really I do think we'll be getting L4D3 around Q3 of 2015. Also incredibly hopeful that we'll see the full-fledged Dota 2 on Sauce 2 release in january.

A man can dream, right?
yeah, I noticed contrast between backgrounds and characters at once, but it's free, so no point in complaining
I also wish people stopped using devianart as derogatory term, I know where are you coming from, but still not all devianart is awful.
Yeah, uh, I don't know why anyone would use it as a derogatory term. It has some incredible artists on there. And a lot of awful ones, too, but that's the nature of an open community. Some of my favourite games & movie artists are on there.
I am on there aswell, but I'm in the awful category I think :|

Spyware

As I guessed I was too slow for South Park on Elgiganten. Paying took way too long :(
But I did get two Murdered: Soul Suspect! One for my brother's b-day and one for... you!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spyware, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect -- MB-F00DEE6AE768A77C - Taken by Copons. 22 entrants total.

t1416422870z1.png

dex3108

I know that it is lame giveaway but here it is :D

ModBot said:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dex3108, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (GOG) -- MB-70BE215E08C69DBB

t1416433070z1.png

AC3 was the best AC with the best protagonist (Haytham) and the most interesting cultural aspects (I loved how much dialogue was actually spoken in the native tongue). I only played the first couple hours of FC4 so far, but it seems like a great follow-up to 3.

I agree completely. AC3 gets shat on for a couple of things it does wrong, but the things it does right it does it better than ACIV or Unity (from what i've seen). At least the campaign in AC3 was enjoyable, ACIV was so shitty in comparison.

Nzyme32

http://steamcommunity.com/games/311340/announcements/detail/252528513507459981

Minimum & Recommended Specifications
19 NOVEMBER - ROBERTPEELERKJP
This is where it gets interesting!

I have some new information for you all! It might seem familiar (those “spies” reported well) but believe me its brand new. I’m back to give all of you the official specs for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes on PC.

We have both the minimum and recommended specs to play the game, and while there’s a good chance your rig can pull off a variety of in-game settings with a different piece of hardware than what’s listed below, we hope this gives you a good idea of what you’ll need to see the Fox Engine in action on your home computer.

Minimum Specifications:

Processor: Core i5 SandyBridge 4Core (4 Thread) 2.7GHz or above
Memory: 4 GB RAM or above
Graphics: GeForce GTX 650 or above
DirectX: Version 11 or above

Recommended Specifications:

Processor: Core i5 SandyBridge 4Core (4 Thread) 2.7GHz or above
Memory: 8 GB RAM or above
Graphics: GeForce GTX 760 or above
DirectX: Version 11 or above

Well there you have it, in just a moment I’ll put this up on the main purchase page for easy reference. Hopefully most of you are already prepared. You might find upgrading PCs is just one of those things that gets easier the more you do it.

More important however is that you guys are getting your feedback in! The team has been very helpful and worked to get you clear answers to all your questions. We’re only a few weeks away from the release of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes on Steam, but I’ll be sure to keep up with you for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and beyond!

You want to finish your missions in game and get those PC achievements, don’t you?

-KJPDev

Orange Box kind of says "We love overlapping!" though. But I concur, but really I do think we'll be getting L4D3 around Q3 of 2015. Also incredibly hopeful that we'll see the full-fledged Dota 2 on Sauce 2 release in january.

A man can dream, right?

Well, that was back then, but yes that's an example for the opposite case. What I mean is GDC is like ~3 days long? If Valve would reveal L4D3 there and also show off SMs, then it's very likely the majority of the press and fans would focus on the former while probably ignoring the latter. If it would be spread out for a week? Then maybe not.

Dota 2 Source 2 in Jan? Dunno, but don't expect graphical upgrades.

Maniac

Banned
Well, that was back then, but yes that's an example for the opposite case. What I mean is GDC is like ~3 days long? If Valve would reveal L4D3 there and also show off SMs, then it's very likely the majority of the press and fans would focus on the former while probably ignoring the latter. If it would be spread out for a week? Then maybe not.

Dota 2 Source 2 in Jan? Dunno, but don't expect graphical upgrades.
Don't worry, I'm not.
Not necessarily, anyway. But Sauce 2 does seem to give a bloody big performance boost, so maybe they'll end up giving the game some more bells & whistles for the higher end users out there.

Anyway, they did say they were working on something really big for january, and that they were sure people would like it... Or something like that. My memory is a bit iffy sometimes, lol.

And I concur, mind - I really doubt we'd see them announce L4D3 at GDC, it'd possibly overshadow the whole Steam Universe bit they're bringin', I'd still not be opposed to it though!

Anyway, they did say they were working on something really big for january, and that they were sure people would like it... Or something like that. My memory is a bit iffy sometimes, lol.

This is what they said:

One more thing: we on the Dota 2 team have a number of updates in the works right now that we’re really excited about, some for the rest of this year, and a big update for early next year. But we’re pretty sure we won’t be able to make enough progress on the larger update if we put it down to work on Diretide – so we’ve decided that we’re not going to ship a Diretide event this year. We know that last year we weren’t clear enough in our communication about this, so this year we wanted to be up front about it early. Next year will bring monumental changes to Dota 2, and we’re confident that when you’ve seen what we’ve been working on, you’ll agree it was worth it.

They never specified January. Could be Feb too.

Faabulous

Is it possible to move steam games between hard drives? Just got a new 1,5TB one, and I'd like to free some space on my SSD by moving less demanding games on the new HD,

Arthea

PES2015 only 26€ on gmg? How is it?
It's not on my regional store for reasons unclear to me, so I know close to nothing about it, only have seen some screenshots in activity feed recently.

edited: so we have one more snake now? punished then naked? or it's other way around? (><)
Welcome aboard

Grief.exe

Is it possible to move steam games between hard drives? Just got a new 1,5TB one, and I'd like to free some space on my SSD by moving less demanding games on the new HD,

Just drag and drop works fine. Set up the Steam Library folder in your new drive, drag the appropriate file from your Steamapps/common, and drag the associated appid from Steamapps/.

Holy shit I don't think I've ever had this many replies this fast to any of my posts before (unless it was a thread I started). This community seems awesome :)

I'll reply on multiple posts to become a non-lurker quicker :p

Hello. Welcome to Steam and PC gaming.

You should put on some clothes.

Thanks. I have a ton of clothes on I assure you, it's pretty chilly in my flat.

Great thread btw

This thread? Yep!

Godspeed. First couple of Steam sales will leave you legit shook with how much you will end up buying and how many giveaways you will see.

Yeah I was expecting that. I've witnessed the Steam sales from the sidelines for the past few years and I heard the cries of many gamers' wallets.

Lehow

I bought the humble bundle, but I already have Blackguards, sooooooo giveaway:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lehow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Blackguards -- MB-5F8541317531F79F - Taken by The Reloader. 12 entrants total.

t1416434750z1.png

Good luck, and welcome! Things have certainly changed in all those years :p

They sure have. I think I still have a couple of old PC games on physical media in some box somewhere. Those relics.

What's your steamid? I'd be happy to gift you some duplicate games I have to help you get started.

I believe my steamid is: adelgary (old time GAFers might recognize that name)

i highly suggest not using Steam until February. otherwise be prepared to spend a ton of money on games you'll never even play

It's not like I didn't spend a ton of money on console games that I never played >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom