• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

crusader kings 2 steam forums are pretty great out of context

B2oVOB3CMAAkSjQ.png

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Well it looks like Steins;Gate won't show up on Steam for a while because of contracts:
https://twitter.com/jastusa/status/532534104491716609
Yeah, it's a shame. It obviously won't stop me from acquiring the game eventually but it's their loss. I could see this one being very popular during sales time.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2oVOB3CMAAkSjQ.png [IMG][/QUOTE]
:lol

Turfster

It's amazing how, after this many botched releases, Alienware still hasn't come up with a better solution to distribute those keys (especially when it results in the site going to a crawl and nobody understanding what's happening). They'd be better off doing a Godankey.com giveaway and make it timed entry/raffle.

All they care about is harvesting your information and getting you to sign up for their site, tho =p

Backlogger

Please quote for 2 8-bit Commando keys. I have no idea if these have been redeemed, but I'm confident at least one of them is good!

Key 1 - XQTKQ-N69E3-EG5ML
Key 2 - 83893-QYQW2-7M4I3

Edit: nvm, i messed up the hidden quote thing, so here they are

Aaron D.

I really need to finish the tutorials and get my teeth into this game.. All i've been hearing about are good things. Though i'm guessing it is very hard to learn it.

You best bet it to seek out YouTube tutorials. They're a bit of a time-sink, but I've found them to be the most effective way to wrap your head around the incredibly deep Paradox titles.

The two top personalities are Eviscerator03 and Arumba. Both are great, but I prefer Eviscerator personally.

Jadax

I've always wanted to play ck2 properly, but don't understand the game at all..I spent close to 2hrs trying to arrange marriages for my sons, and some dukes or some shit, and my pervy priest or healer or something.

As you can see, I understand the game completely.

The mystery game I won was Metro 2033 which I already own so I'm re-gifting it. Thanks anyway, anonymous benefactor!
ModBot said:
Instructions for The Red Wizard:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The Red Wizard, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Metro 2033 -- MB-A242EF1FDAA43BBC

Coreda

Bit OT, but that long-awaited Ninox Aurora mouse is on MassDrop. Was intending to wait for reviews, considering all the set-backs the development had, but that price is so tempting.

The concern I have is whether the surface will have peeling issues similar to the matte surface of the Zowie FK'14. Had to RMA the Zowie and the replacement was just as bad.

dani_dc

Last week I found physical RE6 for 5 euros at a store. Today I found RE: Revelations for the same price at the same place.

I love Steamworks.

I really need to finish the tutorials and get my teeth into this game.. All i've been hearing about are good things. Though i'm guessing it is very hard to learn it.

The in-game tutorials are out of date at best and broken at worsts (or were last I checked).

Online tutorials might be a better choice.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game #2 -- MB-29C58CF8A2636E82 - Taken by Coldsun
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-D7799483BFD48754 - Taken by chronomac

Well it looks like Steins;Gate won't show up on Steam for a while because of contracts:
https://twitter.com/jastusa/status/532534104491716609

Thats japanese contracts for you...

I worked with a german anime publishers before and seriously. I can totally see how the talk looked like. JastUSA asked if they can sell it on Steam to generate more profit, Nitro+ says no. JastUSA explains how big Steam is in the west, Nitro+ says no. JastUSA argues how great that opportunity is, Nitro+ says no.

Maniac

Banned
I swear sometimes... this thread seems specifically aimed at giving me a fucking aneurysm.

To be fair, you're making it too damn easy for us.
I hadn't played The Witcher in a while but I was looking at some files and I just noticed that the game's save folder has currently over 4.41 GB... Those are some big ass saves. I'm going to delete them and only leave the more recent manual + autosave data.
I'm a stern believer that you should never overwrite a save. Last time I played Skyrim I panicked and quit after realising I had over 600 saves.

Especially because I wanted to find a specific character in those saves - Wish it was grouped for individual characters / playthroughs... Good thing we've got mods to do that for us though.

Speaking of mods: I've been making my way through STEP and GEMS, and I've downloaded... 50, 60? mods, and I'm nowhere near done. Damn you Nexusmods, damn you to hell.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I hadn't played The Witcher in a while but I was looking at some files and I just noticed that the game's save folder has currently over 4.41 GB... Those are some big ass saves. I'm going to delete them and only leave the more recent manual + autosave data.

Kiru

Yeah I noticed that too years ago. Witcher sucks in regards to save file sizes.

Jawmuncher

Here is all the content from the Dino Crisis 1 Theme.

Cursors from Left to Right - Busy, Help Select, Unavailable, Handwriting,
RaXIDT4.gif
hsJj9sx.gif
Nsde18h.png
1pugWYG.png

Icons from Left to Right - My Computer, Network Neighborhoods, Recycle Bin Empty, Recycle Bin (FULL), My Documents
AnlMdw4.png
z4vpvbM.png
wsFHdIR.png
qfxspuj.png
ih6qkF9.png

These images are used in Windows Explore and from left to right are called "Dino Crisis WVLEFT" another Dino Crisis WVLEFT & "Dino Crisis WVLOGO"
VtPDm1p.png
qKiXwTd.gif
CJi5Twn.gif

The Theme In Action with the Included Wallpapers

Sounds from the Theme
https://soundcloud.com/jawmuncher/sets/dino-crisis-1-pc-theme-sounds
Not as funny as DC2 but Start Windows and Exit Windows are basically cutscenes and Empty Recycle Bin wins as the best one there.

The WVLEFT images I have never seen before.
I can't find any render of that regina full like that. First time I have ever seen it now cropped for box art.
No clue where the Trex came from.

Nzyme32

B2oVOB3CMAAkSjQ.png

I really need to play more CK2. I always feel a little intimidated at how much there is to learn but can never set aside some time to just sit and relax while taking my time with it. Same with Europa. Took me a while even with Civ but now I'm pretty much attached to the thing

Maniac

Banned
super long so snipped and flipped

That's so incredibly retro, I love it lol. It's cheesy and corny at the same time, but "That's disgusting..." is just great.

Honestly reminds me that I wanted to undertake a massive theme overhaul and make my UI very Deus Ex-esque, but I never did quite get off my arse. Does anyone know some good themes / places with stuff like alternate sounds, skins, etcetera?

Here is all the content from the Dino Crisis 1 Theme.

Cursors from Left to Right - Busy, Help Select, Unavailable, Handwriting,
RaXIDT4.gif
hsJj9sx.gif
Nsde18h.png
1pugWYG.png

Icons from Left to Right - My Computer, Network Neighborhoods, Recycle Bin Empty, Recycle Bin (FULL), My Documents
AnlMdw4.png
z4vpvbM.png
wsFHdIR.png
qfxspuj.png
ih6qkF9.png

These images are used in Windows Explore and from left to right are called "Dino Crisis WVLEFT" another Dino Crisis WVLEFT & "Dino Crisis WVLOGO"
VtPDm1p.png
qKiXwTd.gif
CJi5Twn.gif

The Theme In Action with the Included Wallpapers

Sounds from the Theme
https://soundcloud.com/jawmuncher/sets/dino-crisis-1-pc-theme-sounds
Not as funny as DC2 but Start Windows and Exit Windows are basically cutscenes and Empty Recycle Bin wins as the best one there.

The WVLEFT images I have never seen before.
I can't find any render of that regina full like that. First time I have ever seen it now cropped for box art.
No clue where the Trex came from.

I miss when devs did that. They stopped a while ago.

Turfster

Huh.
RobotEX got released yesterday, is 60% off.
Haven't heard anything about it.

IndieGameStand has LetterQuest:Grimm's Journey 20% off (4$)
They also have 80% off Shadow of War (1.5$) which will give a key when greenlit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom