• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-3B33207EEE16D042 - Taken by PetriP-TNT

iosefe

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-3B33207EEE16D042 - Taken by PetriP-TNT

resisting!

Nzyme32

Yeah, tell me about it. IsThereAnyDeal has the same problem, and as it is I already get tons of emails from people every day saying along the lines of "oh this price is wrong you need to fix it..."

Recent changes in the API are also the root cause of why I'm most likely going to have to remove the "Library" feature of Enhanced Steam :(

I'm no tech whiz, but would it be possible to form a little collective that collect data on different sets of 200 independently, and then forward the information to each other? If that even makes any sense to you. Pretty sure that would be ridiculous to coordinate anyway, and would require you all to know exactly when to make the check for exactly when the price changes go live

I think I just broke down my own idea haha

Minimum:
Processor: Core i5 SandyBridge 4Core (4 Thread) 2.7GHz or above

Recommended:
Processor: Core i5 SandyBridge 4Core (4 Thread) 2.7GHz or above

Dodged a bullet there. My i5-2500 (non K) made the cut. Still don't have the GPU; bought an MSI 970 was faulty and returned it, waiting for more to come in stock, should be in a week's time. Can't wait.

Grief.exe

I'm thinking Metal Gear Solid: GZ will be $15 launch price.

Dodged a bullet there. My i5-2500 (non K) made the cut. Still don't have the GPU; bought an MSI 970 was faulty and returned it, waiting for more to come in stock, should be in a week's time. Can't wait.

Some PC gaming lessons.

Never pay attention to recommended specs.
Never buy non-k CPUs.

I won Mystery Game 8 that was Metro 2033 which I already have. How can I give it away? I'm still a noob with this.

Edit: I put it in the free stuff thread.

If GZ plays on the PS3, I'm willing to bet I can find some settings to play out on my 560ti.

I've been holding off on the 970 and now it's too close to Christmas to justify buying it outright when I can answer that nagging question of what I want with, "Newegg/Amazon gift card."

Never pay attention to recommended specs.
Never buy non-k CPUs.

It was the only Sandy Bridge CPU available here at the time I wanted to build my PC (years ago), plus I was on a tight budget so couldn't afford to try to import one. Since I didn't game on that build it didn't really bother me, but it's starting to sting now.

My next CPU and MB upgrade will definitely be a K one.

I smell a conspiracy, both Snakes have had problems with GTX 970's, wake up sheeple, buy AMD pls.

Can't directly compare clocks across separate architectures.
What do you mean by separate architectures?

What CPU model you have?

i7 4700HQ

edit: okay I may have figured it out. So 2.4 is my base, I think 3.4 is my max, and a thread count of eight. I was just tripping because I thought I might not be able to run the newer games coming out. I need to double dip GTAV.

Are there any faqs for basic computer stuff when it comes to running games and how you know if it'll run?

I never heard anyone say anything about it. Is MGO actually any good, should one be hyped about it when it comes to the new game?

Yes. It's really good, particularly if you like the gameplay of the modern Metal Gear games.

One thing I loved about the MGO component for MGS4 (that I'd like to see adapted to more games) is that they had these weekend-specials, where certain game types would only be available, or certain rewards were only available. It really brought a sense of excitement to a "game night" but wasn't so punishing that if you couldn't miss it, you weren't severely handicapped or anything like that.

Kiru

Yeah, tell me about it. IsThereAnyDeal has the same problem, and as it is I already get tons of emails from people every day saying along the lines of "oh this price is wrong you need to fix it..."

Recent changes in the API are also the root cause of why I'm most likely going to have to remove the "Library" feature of Enhanced Steam :(

cg, the steamgifts admin also complained about it...

valve...

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure -- MB-1230AE4B95034378 - Taken by someguyinahat
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Frozenbyte Bundle [Desura] -- MB-1C51EC294ECCF2B1
ulgzbKC.png
Frozen Synapse Bundle [Desura] -- MB-0C74238454A8B61E - Taken by Wyatt Smee
PGP3OVL.png
Witcher 2 [GOG] -- MB-D8CF2F1715A3DB7E - Taken by TheLight
KickBeat -- MB-200CF5C12215C4A3 - Taken by topyy
Half Minute Hero Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy -- MB-1E84EDF50BB43A52 - Taken by bloke
Always Sometimes Monsters -- MB-4A737C658333FB97 - Taken by SaveFerris

Shantom

Is Steam down for anyone else? It says it's down for maintenance but it's still up for my housemate.
Edit: Back up for me, now down for my housemate. Dammit Steam.
Edit2: Time for Awesomenauts!

KiDdYoNe

Dear SteamGAF. Please enlight me what the fuck is going on with gifting :)

Is Steam down for anyone else? It says it's down for maintenance but it's still up for my housemate.
Edit: Back up for me, now down for my housemate. Dammit Steam.

Same here. Currently down.

Best 10 minutes you will get this year (well, actually 4 hours if you want 100% it), but be aware:
-there's really no plot here, even if there are three cutscenes.
-spec ops don't own a plot at all, also they are non-canon
-S ranking missions on Hard is not required to gain all achievements, but still is required to grab some tapes like the ZOE ost, so they count towards "all achievements unlocked" and global 100%

Also I think it should reach PC with a pricetag of 15$, it would be honest.

I played it on PS3 and PS4 (not close to 100% though) and it's still the game I'm most excited to play on PC in the near future.

I hope it looks significantly better maxed out than PS4. DSR alone should ensure that I think.

Coreda

Could someone remind me how region locking affects already gifted games? If a region lock occurs sometime after the user receives it will they be blocked from installing the game?

Kiru

Could someone remind me how region locking affects already gifted games? If a region lock occurs sometime after the user receives it will they be blocked from installing the game?

Not if it is already activated. Only the prohibitrunincountries tag can affect that.

madjoki

Depends on which method.
For CrossRegion tading block, as long as it's added to account, you can install & play.

New system does not allow any new gifts to another region at all?

Gifts can be traded/gifted but can't be activated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom