• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Yes. If it was like he said, the first one to ban is steam to ban this game, hell why even accept it from start.

Well unless the rules vary wildly or fluctuate from topic to topic I believe it's bannable here! I'm just trying to make sure no one gets banned mostly since I love you Steam GAF. <3
Stop being such pervs though.

Yeah, something tells me that Valve didn't know about these scenes before letting this game release.

I'm not sure if there is a precedent for F2P games that aren't tied to you account being removed from Steam. Something tells me we'll find out what happens in this scenario soon.

That makes me wonder what the approval process is like. Does someone at Valve play through the game to make sure there isn't prohibited content (doesn't look like that's the case, or if so they weren't very thorough), or do they take the developer's word on good faith or what?

Jawmuncher

Makes me interested in what would happen if it was brought up.
I honestly want to just leave it alone and see what actually happens with the game.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
So, Fate/Stay Night can come out on Steam now. :D

Nah CG dragon's will be canon now, but that means we get this instead of a sex scene with Shirou!
BB34nIh.jpg

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, something tells me that Valve didn't know about these scenes before letting this game release.

I'm not sure if there is a precedent for F2P games that aren't tied to you account being removed from Steam. Something tells me we'll find out what happens in this scenario soon.

I think it speaks volumes about how little Valve cares about what gets onto their store front before they actually have to step in and remove it.

Chariot

Can't get rid of it now anyway becaurs of the quotes.
*plays amazing grace sung by dinosaurs*

That makes me wonder what the approval process is like. Does someone at Valve play through the game to make sure there isn't prohibited content (doesn't look like that's the case, or if so they weren't very thorough), or do they take the developer's word on good faith or what?
We need a Valve Seal of Quality.

zkylon

zkylewd
maybe the steam version is censored?

it's a vn with explicit lovemaking at the end, not really a full blown erotic game, right?

sounds like they could just censor those scenes and i don't mean blurring out funparts

Nah. Anyway, it would be a just waste of time playing such games, going for hours hearing/reading useless BS, trying to bear some stupid BESM girls moaning even when they scream just to get some handful amateur drawn pics with only a fraction of what you expect. I really don't know who really play such games. They must be really desperate. I do apologize for some Neogaf members if they are any of those.

Nah. Anyway, it would be a just waste of time playing such games, going for hours hearing/reading useless BS, trying to bear some stupid BESM girls moaning even when they scream just to get some handful amateur drawn pics with only a fraction of what you expect. I really don't know who really play such games. They must be really desperate. I do apologize for some Neogaf members if they are any of those.

Usually those games arent really about the sex-scenes, but about the story.

zkylon

zkylewd
Let me check this.
Settings lets you enable Adult Content and you get a achievement "Hentai Master"
lol that's creepy

tho again if it's just "here's your hentai picture for winning the game" i don't think it's that much different from the witcher or something

Chariot

You don't know what you're talking about.

The only interesting story I found in such games was in the
X-Change
series, very unique and funny sth like Ranma 1/2 if you know it.

X-Change still offers too much sex I would say.
Usually in the ones that are about the story maybe 1-2% of all the lines are about sex.

I would argue that A Song of Ice & Fire offers even more.

Lol, what is happening?

Reposting
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 34 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Crusader Kings II Plus DLC -- MB-925F6635FAD47607 - Taken by Faabulous. 7 entrants total.
Gone Home With Soundtrack -- MB-F8A4F0709C1B28FD - Taken by Naked Snake. 17 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Prison Architect -- MB-C950E87F79A973BF - Taken by TheLight. 60 entrants total.
Galactic Civilizations II Ultimate Edition -- MB-AF00834BEDCB3B84 - Taken by hepburn3d. 1 entrants total.
PixelJunk Eden -- MB-D71E5DB98AA0CD76 - Taken by DocSeuss. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII STEAM EDITION -- MB-2481B41988CBEF71 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 39 entrants total.
Hammerwatch -- MB-66CDFB3270A26785 - Taken by Vlad. 2 entrants total.
Unholy Heights -- MB-D9733D7D58752EF1 - Taken by SilentMatthew. 8 entrants total.
Astebreed -- MB-3CE4BF9811E3A47C - Taken by provista. 46 entrants total.
Whispering Willows -- MB-9A5289CBC8AA7AC5 - Taken by Madn. 7 entrants total.
Snow Light -- MB-2D8B65A72CFB029A - Taken by Vuze. 3 entrants total.
Knytt Underground -- MB-6B859180785E61D5 - Taken by Benedict. 4 entrants total.
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Complete Pack -- MB-9A168F43BD73626B - Taken by Kiru. 10 entrants total.
SteamWorld Dig -- MB-3072D0D0403F355B - Taken by Zeeman. 6 entrants total.
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae -- MB-F47C9EA9FA02BABF - Taken by Kuroyume. 27 entrants total.
Blades of Time Limited Edition -- MB-7E163E7201FFE3DF - Taken by Shadownet. 7 entrants total.
Rock of Ages -- MB-CB7B606B2083CDF7 - Taken by freshVeggie. 2 entrants total.
Depth Hunter 2 Deep Dive -- MB-3589CBEEAA59BABD - Taken by redlacs. 3 entrants total.
The Bridge -- MB-79B7BA2A3CE3467D - Taken by Sajjaja. 3 entrants total.
Ys Origin -- MB-52EA7319688EB2D8 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 29 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-B545CEF486410D74 - Taken by dave is ok. 15 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-513FA978D99DE114 - Taken by Madn. 4 entrants total.
Race the Sun -- MB-97BDA0CC9268155D - Taken by iosefe. 11 entrants total.
One Way Heroics -- MB-9A2B71E7D1087790 - Taken by denx. 1 entrants total.
Expeditions Conquistador -- MB-5377558B9C88DE83 - Taken by Servizio. 3 entrants total.
GIGANTIC ARMY -- MB-EC314196BB70276A - Taken by darkchewie. 3 entrants total.
LUFTRAUSERS -- MB-D7B4A4E2179F6B48 - Taken by madjoki. 29 entrants total.
Mount & Blade -- MB-BC6A267FAB42CAA0 - Taken by sensoft04. 1 entrants total.
Gunpoint -- MB-637377CACFB0D637 - Taken by Last Baron. 4 entrants total.
Deadlight -- MB-60AA0FFF3B7C9BD1 - Taken by WavekSra. 3 entrants total.
QbQbQb -- MB-8199428C974397B2 - Taken by alr1ght. 8 entrants total.
PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-90C8F7085D0154E0 - Taken by DillonMabry. 3 entrants total.
Papers, Please -- MB-CFBFB9C22B47A80D - Taken by eyeless. 16 entrants total.
Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-E1D163AE53B85A75 - Taken by RyanPierre. 17 entrants total.

t1416461448z1.png

Jawmuncher

I skipped through one playthrough and got nothing but the good end.
Game is weird though, its like sorta scary but it's not. It's all over the place.

Jawmuncher

Alright, I need that achievement.

Edit: Aww its an in-game achievement. I thought Id have that for my profile now lol

Yeah I just noticed that as well.
Guess they knew they couldn't get away with that.

EDIT: yep the nudity is in there. They must have just let snuck it through.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

PGP3OVL.png
The Witcher 2 (GOG) -- MB-F170AA9304FDAE28 - Taken by L.O.R.D
Not as bad as The Witcher but not that great either.

Kagemusha

stuff
ModBot said:
Instructions:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Galactic Arms Race -- MB-D6AC65C617FFC89E - Taken by titch. 2 entrants total.
PGP3OVL.png
LITTLE BIG ADVENTURE (Gog) -- MB-624C56DCF225D61D - Taken by Santerestil. 1 entrants total.
PGP3OVL.png
Witcher (Gog) -- MB-DB4CDDA826310E7C - Taken by Kirosia
Major Mayhem -- MB-C889B17CA88E73CE - Taken by F-Pina. 1 entrants total.
Tropico 3 Gold -- MB-D7F57940E7232C8A - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
REALMS OF THE HAUNTING -- MB-9552A3EE7EAC5A5A - Taken by Tesseract
PGP3OVL.png
THE WITCHER 2 (Gog) -- MB-D134BB31E4483BDF - Taken by shira

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom