• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

You won't be able to buy anything on Steam because of the Spanish IP address.

I was still buying games fine with a afghan IP.
I was even on the client and not the browser.
Prices were still USD, but I did send a support telling them I was traveling so maybe that did something?

madjoki

Can't you add country code to url? eg. store.steampowered.com/?cc=se and then buy since you have Swedish prices?

I guess it could trip alarms, so I'd contact support before doing this.

Dr Dogg

Well my copy of Far Cry 4 actually doesn't have FOV options becuase Ubisoft being a bunch of cockends and not liking the UK Storefront on Steam means I've got to put up with this shit.
7cV2ittl.png
and I'm too impatient to wait for this shit.
Still firing it up, despite all the negative vibes I've been hearing I'm surprised how well it runs on one card let alone with all the tricked out Nvidia settings cranked up at 2560x1440.
Although at first I couldn't put my finger on it but something looked off in that picture...
What's happened to the shadows!?!?!? So yeah guess I'm going to have to wait for patcheption to finish before getting stuck in proper. Though I do like the Bearstrike weapon you can see in action. Throw meat chunk, summon bear to maul your foes. Genius!

Ok, thanks. I'll contact support just in case and see what to do when I get there. I mean, it's not the end of the world if I can't buy games for a week; and the winter sale is just a month away anyway.

Turfster

Particulars got a 20% discount for its coming out of Early Access, which includes the Devotee Pack, JaseC ;)

Also, huh, Everlasting Summer is a Russian VN?

Jawmuncher

Probably already posted but New Free Visual Novel on Steam.
Apparently Russian made and translated to english

Picture goes to Steam page.

onionfrog

1 week til sale

are we ready? i have 33 bucks that say i am. any hopes and dreams?
I'm hoping to see the Dark Souls 2 DLC at a good discount. That and hopefully some sales on FF3, 4 and 8.

My backlog is too big so I'm going to try to restrain myself during sales.

Damn it, seems I can't quite get 60fps at 4k on Valkyria. I noticed that when it went to 30, everything seemed to run at half speed, which was weird. Guess I'll bump it down to 3x native res.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Metro 2033 -- MB-95F5EA6AB4839111 - Taken by TheMadMan007

Madn

Bought Defy Gravity Extended for 19 cents. Great game and with the cards you almost get it for free.

You shoot two different projectiles that attract or repel you to get around the levels. At the end you unlock hard mode where you go through the same levels but with only the attract projectile

The only problem is a bug where the screen goes black for no reason and stays like that until you shoot

Anyone know what the deal is with Steam asking me to sign into community whenever I clicked Activity in the Steam client? I have to click it few times for it to load normally but it always asks me to sign in.

Turfster

Anyone know what the deal is with Steam asking me to sign into community whenever I clicked Activity in the Steam client? I have to click it few times for it to load normally but it always asks me to sign in.
It happens when you were disconnected or brought your PC out of sleep mode, usually.

WTF ? This is the first Visual Novel I saw on steam having real nudity and with sex acts too. This is no ecchi, this is real hentai and it is free.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yeah, something tells me that Valve didn't know about these scenes before letting this game release.

I'm not sure if there is a precedent for F2P games that aren't tied to you account being removed from Steam. Something tells me we'll find out what happens in this scenario soon.

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't think it's anything wrong with steam selling hentai games but just do it separately

i mean it's what i was hoping the new steam site would do about racing games for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom