• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strider 2014 is a good game.

See, there's a difference between "trying to push my buttons" and actually doing something that makes me bang my head into the wall until I start seeing blood trickle down my face...

This falls into the former, not the latter.
Not sure what I did that you want me to concuss myself to death, but... ok, I'll make note of that for future reference.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised they put Everlasting Summer on Steam. The 4chan influenced Katawa Shoujo is not on it. Did the ES devs have to go through greenlight or is there a separate application process for free games? I figure if it went through the greenlight process someone would have mentioned it before.

Jawmuncher

I'm surprised they put Everlasting Summer on Steam. The 4chan influenced Katawa Shoujo is not on it. Did the ES devs have to go through greenlight or is there a separate application process for free games? I figure if it went through the greenlight process someone would have mentioned it before.

It did got through greenlight http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=330965352
So now i'm really curious if there's a loop hole there or something with the content it has or because it's free.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
It did got through greenlight http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=330965352
So now i'm really curious if there's a loop hole there or something with the content it has or because it's free.

Well, the content isn't really beyond the pale compared to other games on Steam. GTA EfLC featured male/female nudity and sex acts. The Witcher series and prior GTA games, and countless other titles have also featured similar material to some extent.

I am surprised that this game didn't receive much press prior to it's launch though. The in-development Hunie Pop has been discussed multiple times in the Steam thread and on GAF.

Jawmuncher

If it does disappear from Steam, the game is also available on Google Play
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=su.sovietgames.everlasting_summer

It's a free game so acess to it won't be a problem.

Well, the content isn't really beyond the pale compared to other games on Steam. GTA EfLC featured male/female nudity and sex acts. The Witcher series and prior GTA games, and countless other titles have also featured similar material to some extent.

I am surprised that this game didn't receive much press prior to it's launch though. The in-development Hunie Pop has been discussed multiple times in the Steam thread and on GAF.

The thing is games with nudity have been from bigger companies.
Also every VN that has come to steam has had to be a "All Ages" version. So how is this able to be on the store in tact? Granted you have to enable it in the options. But it's not hard to do. It's just an option like everything else. But yeah it's odd none of us brought this up until now.

Ozium

RIP Jawmuncherc

1409982055520.gif

MUnited83

For you.
Took like a week for moderators to give a comment about the moving to community.

No response to the Steam News thread idea.

Yet they banned Jawmuncher in one hour because of a NSFW link. Some lovely priorities at work.

zkylon

zkylewd
Took like a week for moderators to give a comment about the moving to community.

No response to the Steam News thread idea.

Yet they banned Jawmuncher in one hour because of a NSFW link. Some lovely priorities at work.

i mean i guess you can say the ban was easy cos it was super obvious and dumb

the community thing is complicated

tho i still think having zero response, specially mroange is really really dumb on part of the mods

and don't quote it

o.o

i quoted it and i'm ok

Asgaro

you could say jawmuncher got e-rekt

Not gonna lie.
The first few months people started to use the word "rekt" I thought it meant "erect".

Like you have the word "America" that gets shortened to 'MURICA, I thought "rekt" did the same for "erect".

GET REKT had a whole different meaning for me.
Can not unsee. :-/

This, sometimes I forget that mods are just as flawed as we are. If not worst, in some cases.

Worse.

And if by some you mean most, then yes.

I'm not one to backseat moderate most of the time, but someone linking to something on steamcommunity and marking it NSFW gets 1 week off. Someone else makes a comment about politics and gets a month off. Someone else threatens people and slanders their family and gets a warning PM after being told comments about disliked things in gaming being like a terrible disease that has probably taken loved ones from most posters here... NeoGAF, the shining example of moderation for all other forums to emulate.

Is the steam thread (that I read news about to get created in gaming section) up or not? What are the difference between this thread and the one in gaming section?

damn, no warning ? direct ban ? GAF can be harsh sometmes

Truth.
I mean, Jaw went back and edited his post down and removed all stuff after it was made known to him that it might be considered a bannable offense.

If the mod wasn't reading before the edits, he/she probably found out what the link was the same way I did -- someone quoting Jaw and not removing the link after he edited his post. And yet Jaw gets the ban and the quoter is still posting and unscathed.

Shadownet

Banned
I'm not one to back seat moderate most of the time, but someone linking to something on steam community and marking it NSFW gets 1 week off. Someone else makes a comment about politics and gets a month off. Someone else threatens people and slanders their family and gets a warning PM after being told comments about disliked things in gaming being like a terrible disease that has probably taken loved ones from most posters here... NeoGAF, the shining example of moderation for all other forums to emulate.

I got banned for a month (I think it was a month) back when I was a junior for calling a dev "a fool" or something similar.

but yeah it's really inconsistent. I bet someone reported Jaw to be honest.

I got banned for a month (I think it was a month) back when I was a junior for calling a dev "a fool" or something similar.

I was banned for 1 week saying that maybe the NT forums being taken offline was a sign of their imminent closing as a studio. Who knew some of the mods love NT that much or that I wasn't allowed to think that Tameem being unable to destroy more beloved franchises was a good thing.

Thanks for the link. Rules do not post, do not post. I really don't know what to post there. I'd better avoid that thread to be safe.

This is the thread that you know and maybe love.
The other thread is a useful tool for condensing actual Steam News into readable form.

Jadax

I bet someone reported Jaw to be honest.

Someone most definitely reported him - thing is, they are also in the right here.

Ultimately this a pretty big community and it's easier to just make a general no-nudity rule, than have mods determine what's ok nudity and what's not ok nudity. We sometimes forget that we're not the only ones in GAF.

Personally, I think if it's related to a game then it should be ok, but I totally understand why it's against the rules.

I was banned for 1 week saying that maybe the NT forums being taken offline was a sign of their imminent closing as a studio. Who knew some of the mods love NT that much or that I wasn't allowed to think that Tameem being unable to destroy more beloved franchises was a good thing.

NT?

This is the thread that you know and maybe love.
The other thread is a useful tool for condensing actual Steam News into readable form.

Yeah, Id' better stick to this one, I'll leave the other one for the pros on their own risks.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Phawx, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Phawx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

x0NgVuQ.png
Cubic Ninja brand new in box 3DS #3 -- MB-E825934613ACD880 - Taken by RealMeat. 4 entrants total.
x0NgVuQ.png
Cubic Ninja brand new in box 3DS #2 -- MB-7C7E2E390A06C58B - Taken by KevinRo. 9 entrants total.
x0NgVuQ.png
Cubic Ninja brand new in box 3DS #1 -- MB-AAA26A493FAF6050 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 2 entrants total.

t1416495529z1.png

Parsnip

Go to the Everlasting Summer steam community hub and scroll through the posted pictures. I wouldn't post direct links or embed the pictures depicting nudity on GAF however.

Oh I saw those. I'm just saying that I'm never around when something magical happens in the thread.

I though junior bans were always permanent.

Shadownet

Banned
Someone most definitely reported him - thing is, they are also in the right here.

Ultimately this a pretty big community and it's easier to just make a general no-nudity rule, than have mods determine what's ok nudity and what's not ok nudity. We sometimes forget that we're not the only ones in GAF.

Personally, I think if it's related to a game then it should be ok, but I totally understand why it's against the rules.

Maybe we should have a NSFW warning and then when you click on the link it will show you a page saying "are you sure you wanna go through with this? You should not be looking at this because it might contain things that might make you wanna snitch on a member despite the "NSFW" warning. If you still want to continue, click here."

Also you can't click on the link unless you're a member. So lurkers won't be like "Gasp, NeoGAF is a dirty place"
I though junior bans were always permanent.
Yeah you're right. I might have not been a junior. I can't remember exactly. It was about 2-3 months ago.

Aeana

Worse.

And if by some you mean most, then yes.

I'm not one to backseat moderate most of the time, but someone linking to something on steamcommunity and marking it NSFW gets 1 week off. Someone else makes a comment about politics and gets a month off. Someone else threatens people and slanders their family and gets a warning PM after being told comments about disliked things in gaming being like a terrible disease that has probably taken loved ones from most posters here... NeoGAF, the shining example of moderation for all other forums to emulate.

The explanation for this is incredibly simple: mods are different people, with different standards. There are no set durations for any particular offense, that's just not how it works. It's entirely at the mod's discretion, although in some cases if other staff members deem a ban too harsh or too lenient, we will certainly let that be known and the duration may be adjusted. Inconsistency is not a sign of corruption or bias or anything of that nature. Also, someone being banned for one thing and someone not being banned for another is not an endorsement of the latter behavior. It's entirely possible (and very likely!) that no mod saw the latter thing that you think is horrible and banworthy. We cannot possibly read every post on this forum, it moves too quickly. We do what we can in the time that we volunteer, but we can and do miss things all the time. It's why we encourage people to PM a mod if they see something objectionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom