• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Phawx, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 39 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Phawx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Blue Flamingo #37 -- MB-31D6BBF13756EB6C - Taken by Cosmic Schwung. 2 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #31 -- MB-0EC22588FC4C310E - Taken by KainXVIII. 1 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #30 -- MB-ED9E69E008FA062C - Taken by DillonMabry. 1 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #33 -- MB-A65A10F9E6E0330F - Taken by WinterDemons. 2 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #32 -- MB-790C4C4387EA7269 - Taken by Kryptonite. 3 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #35 -- MB-02B4A0772466151D - Taken by yuraya. 1 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #34 -- MB-396E534F6752B624 - Taken by lindarasta. 2 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #19 -- MB-77A67274EDDC4BDD - Taken by derExperte. 2 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #18 -- MB-53C93DC58E1629DF - Taken by iosefe. 2 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #17 -- MB-FEB3D6F50A90142C - Taken by GaussTek. 2 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #16 -- MB-4E7AFF90DB6D4FFE - Taken by chronomac. 2 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #15 -- MB-8308EF397AEB4B5D - Taken by AsylumX. 4 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #14 -- MB-FE164957ABD2D9B5 - Taken by Turfster. 12 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #13 -- MB-EF1DBA875FEB47A8 - Taken by MulderWasTaken. 1 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #12 -- MB-4DCE6D4797572974 - Taken by bobnowhere. 2 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #11 -- MB-E24A3A02B6A3CCD5 - Taken by wetflame. 5 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #10 -- MB-80B2DD7D4762FDEA - Taken by vermadas. 2 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #9 -- MB-2EB91CB6B4733527 - Taken by swx. 3 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #8 -- MB-C9A3B65F297EB3F2 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 5 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #36 -- MB-A2B4AC2CA15FE007 - Taken by Maniac. 3 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #3 -- MB-F97783E242FD1781 - Taken by electroflame. 2 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #2 -- MB-0FFF5E694D367469 - Taken by user237. 2 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #7 -- MB-ED81A51C78015591 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 7 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #6 -- MB-0460358FB46CA680 - Taken by almostheathen. 7 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #5 -- MB-8C3AA161A978C955 - Taken by Vlad. 2 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #4 -- MB-EF39EF629DA463FB - Taken by Anteater. 5 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo -- MB-D69D29A0BAC4E635 - Taken by Madn. 1 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #22 -- MB-5C29EFF2282B71A7 - Taken by Zeeman. 3 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #23 -- MB-035B66322D2AE87C - Taken by fernandes. 5 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #20 -- MB-A63FAF451737EC97 - Taken by MakeshiftChef. 3 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #21 -- MB-F947B8C815015811 - Taken by redlacs. 9 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #26 -- MB-27408FCF1B7FAA12 - Taken by Kuroyume. 4 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #27 -- MB-063F4ECE9114A36F - Taken by Henry Swanson. 6 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #24 -- MB-05776966193CE221 - Taken by Armoured Priest. 3 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #25 -- MB-FACF2B00D7A3BE6A - Taken by RealMeat. 3 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #28 -- MB-4BC1BCBA2C34C5DE - Taken by corrosivefrost. 4 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #29 -- MB-169BDF83CBA4E600 - Taken by topyy. 3 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #39 -- MB-ADCBE3CF8B7643F7 - Taken by Dimitri2401. 1 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #38 -- MB-BA2A7DF35F422409 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 1 entrants total.

t1416518453z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Psichodelya -- MB-799CDFD3125C3BB7 - Taken by jshackles
Rover Rescue -- MB-799CDFD3125C3BB7 - Taken by jshackles

Well, I didn't notice that both of these had the same Modbot code and the error message at the end... Guess I'll see which one I actually got!

EDIT: Well, the PM from Modbot said Psichodelya, but Steam said the key was for Rover Rescue! :) I'm not sure how I avoided Rover Rescue for so long being that it's been in 6 bundles so far, but that's the one I was after.

Thanks anonymous benefactor!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xheRJRF.gif
R.I.P.D. The Game -- MB-BD71A1CA9B9EBE21 - Taken by Coldsun. 6 entrants total.

t1416525954z1.png

Maniac

Banned
also wtf is up with the fan votes

ixrCfo8nt1krO.png

this shit is embarrassing, you can't even read the names of the guys on the lower right

and rekkles for league of legends? wth, where are my beloved koreans T_T
Fy instead of rOtK

More like Why

I just... Don't understand. Out of all the dota 2 pros, why pick Fy? He's boring and uninteresting! We have Dendi, we have BigDaddy/N0tail, we have Puppey, damnit! PUPPEY! -_-

Geoff, learn to play pls.

zkylon

zkylewd
The idea is awesome, as far as I'm concerned. Especially with how much of Shirow's stuff revolves around police/ESWAT/etc. I'd totally play it... if it wasn't an F2P game from Nexon, which pretty much guarantees that it's going to be unbalanced shit that's been optimized to (try to) drain money from your bank account.
i mean to me it sounds super uninteresting

i'd love something like a coop old rainbow six or swat or something but with like robots and super powers

I wonder how many people have actually read the manga.:Some parts are super NSFW. :p

i dunno i don't really read manga

zkylon

zkylewd
if anything, i hope this year's vgas don't actively mock the winners as they accept their awards

also no more of that black dudes yelling potatos thing

like wtf was that lol

everything else, eh, it's like the oscars, it's not an indie award show, and in the end it's their choice who they give the awards to. usually announcements are cool and there's enough fun embarrassment that i don't regret watching it, kinda like ubi conferences.

you always have igf and gdc awards if you want something a bit more high brow

there's no need for the vgas to be that

Nzyme32

I just... Don't understand. Out of all the dota 2 pros, why pick Fy? He's boring and uninteresting! We have Dendi, we have BigDaddy/N0tail, we have Puppey, damnit! PUPPEY! -_-

Geoff, learn to play pls.

This is likely what happens when you have a bunch of "game journalists" pick esports favourites, when many have no interest or knowledge in the area

Turfster

Much shorter than saying Best Performance Nominee Trey Parker as "Stan, Cartman, Randy, Jimmy, Mr Garrison, Clyde, Mr Hanky, Mr Mackey, Barbrady, Satan, Scott the Dick, Terrance and Phillip, the Goth Kids, Timmy and Underpant Gnomes" don't you think? :p

Guy was in like 5 billion games this year.
I'm sure they could have picked another one of his roles that was an actual performance =p

Arthea

Costume Quest 2 had bad luck, I think. If I haven't had all games in that bundle I might have been tempted, unfortunately for CQ2, second tier is really bad too.

Oh man I forgot you play on a laptop. Can you even run CSGO on there well? I know cHinzo in CSGO GAF can run it well enough to play but his regular PC is still better.
But yeah death match will help you with your aims and knowledge of the game.
But if you wanna try and play comp. You should go into like offline mode. Walk around a map and learn the callouts. Its bad when someone on your team tell you there is an enemy around squeaky and you have no idea where squeaky is on a particular map.
I can help you with that. We should play sometimes. (Whenever you want) also get a mic if you don't have one yet. Communication.
Oh thanks, that's nice. What does squeaky mean though? o_O
-
It really doesn't matter whitch laptop cpu you have (Maybe i7 cpus can handle it, haven't actually tested those, but i5 and below can't handle CSGO well), you still get those drops thanks to badly optimized flash UI and ragdolls.
-lv low violence launch option disables ragdolls and upped my avg fps by 20.
I'll try that command out. Thanks buddy!
I am on a mobile core2duo so yeah, performance can get a bit wonky. Depends on the levels. The dust-like level is solid but the level on a platform on the sea is very sluggish together with the level where you choose your spawn-point with helicopters and you get on a foggy countryside with barns.
-
I got code in this morning. I can report back later tonight.
I have to ask. Are you a professional reviewer?
Have not asked yet, so don't know, but probably.
Man, I should become a reviewer :p
-
Fuck yeah. Managed to a grab a key from the Alienwares AMD Group Giveaway.
I'll give you 10€ for Star Citizen! Serious.
-
Looks like there are more light sources and reflections
Interesting that only at further distances differences become visible and on close-medium distances lighting is pretty much the same.
The biggest difference is in the LOD distance in the first shot:
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/100950
A staggering difference really. Half the geometry is just completely missing on PS4 at mid- to long distances.
That's a useful site.
-
I'm in the 0.5%? I feel so lonely :/
It's either dark brown or, for some reason, white/grey
White hair is awesome!
Or I am just trying to feel better about mine ;)
-
Aw man! Project Hon looks like a fun romp.
Looks like a mix of Vanquish and Armored Core. Nice.
Also reminds me of Project Nimbus.
-
I think what's making people think that is it's supposed to be a spiritual successor to this game:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/27/X-Blades_Cover.jpg
Why the heck didn't the people draw any pants? Curious that this can be a legal boxart.
-
Looks so clean and zen-like. Very cool.
-
That's cool of Square. Guess they were satisfied with XIII's sales like SEGA. Would be cool of them to bring more newer and older games to PC.
-
SAY WUT
*REMOVED*
:( Aw, Jawy.
And Buba is banned as well. Man, just reinforces my theory that many who get tags only last short before getting banned. Tesseract got banned shortly after getting his tag as well. itsaconspiracy.jpg
-
The explanation for this is incredibly simple:[...]
Oh nice, Aeana post here too! Sad because of the reason though. Would be interesting to mods post here more often and not just mod-stuff but more in their gamer-presona. Hope to see you here more often.
-
Well my copy of Far Cry 4 actually doesn't have FOV options becuase Ubisoft being a bunch of cockends and not liking the UK Storefront on Steam means I've got to put up with this shit.
and I'm too impatient to wait for this shit.
Still firing it up, despite all the negative vibes I've been hearing I'm surprised how well it runs on one card let alone with all the tricked out Nvidia settings cranked up at 2560x1440.
Although at first I couldn't put my finger on it but something looked off in that picture...
What's happened to the shadows!?!?!? So yeah guess I'm going to have to wait for patcheption to finish before getting stuck in proper. Though I do like the Bearstrike weapon you can see in action. Throw meat chunk, summon bear to maul your foes. Genius!
Probably stupid question but when you buy the game physical can you play it without any online connection? Haven't bought anything physical in a long time.
You're HBAO screens are cool too. Care to make multiple screens using no/HBAO+/SSBC, please? Especially using this site http://screenshotcomparison.com/ .
Seeing differences is much, much easier using that.
-
negative.
I got him.
Negative.
-
There's nothing eye rolling about that... they're not working on a spreadsheet, man.
How come you don't have a tag yet? I am hoping it will have something to do with your general grumpiness or your obsession with playing - even FPS on PC - with a controller... as if it's the superior method :p
don't kill me
-
I'm feeling saucy.
First person to MS Paint and post a rocket lawnchair wins a copy of Metal Slug 3.
Always up for your competitions :)

...bit I think I missunderstood something..

iosefe

can you guys recommend a decent soundbar? a small one, less than 25" and preferably under 120 or likely to go under next week, preferabrly with Red and white connectors and/or optical input

Driw3r

Unconfirmed Member
Not familiar with Indiegala (happyhour) bundles: Depths of Fear bundle have happy hour now, does it last until that bundle ends or can it end at any time?

Congratulations to the winners of my Cherry Tree High giveaway. Nearly 50 entrants. Damn, GAF, you surely love your kawaii moe uguu! Later on I may come back with a couple more copies. Although it would be nice to see people purchasing it too ;P

BUT, anyway, I need some serious spiritual advice:

After spending nearly 40 hours in FFXIII, I need to ask what games are short and easy to 100% in a reasonable amount of time. Got a lot of recommendations before, found some on my own.

Here is my game library just in case, all the help is thanked in advance!

zkylon

zkylewd
Congratulations to the winners of my Cherry Tree High giveaway. Nearly 50 entrants. Damn, GAF, you surely love your kawaii moe uguu! Later on I may come back with a couple more copies. Although it would be nice to see people purchasing it too ;P

After spending nearly 40 hours in FFXIII, I need to ask what games are short and easy to 100% in a reasonable amount of time. Got a lot of recommendations before, found some on my own.

gone home is short and amazing

gunpoint is really good too

... I'm bad with names.
don't worry i thought the same thing

Arthea

you haven't played Long Live The Queen! It's a great game and fun,
and GoT we all wanted.
One playthrough is short, 100%-ing not

gone home is short and amazing

gunpoint is really good too

absolutely not worth anyones time, to be precise

Ys I
EXPENDABROS
Super House of Dead Ninjas (this is a rogue-like [maybe?] so it doesn't really have an end... but you should be playing it either way)
Max Payne
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Gone Home
Castle Crashers
Bloodrayne Betrayal

Hahahaha
No.

Unless he meant PAYDAY 3, I don't see the point. :\

Really interested in Unrest too ... but give it a couple of hours, wait and see if it's in that KISS bundle that's opening up on Groupees soon. Maybe it's there, maybe it's not, but IndieGala's probably not gonna run out of keys in that time in case it's the latter.

And that's a giant nope. Never mind me and buy away!

Madn

Little Inferno
Breath of Death VII
The Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom