• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
2014-11-20_20-02-50.jpg

Lain

Союз Советских Социалистических Республик
Sojus Sovietskich Sozialistscheskich Respublik.

I don't know if that's correctly written, I just translated every letter. I can read russian letters, but not much more. And no, I don't know why there is a s in republik

I guess because latin.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Res_publica

Calques[edit]
Later calques of Res publica:

Commonwealth (English - 2nd meaning as indicated above)
Rzeczpospolita (Polish)
Республика (Respublika) (Russian)
Repubblica (Italian)

nice thread btw =)

NO. NO.
BAD DOG. BAD.

You think it's good?

Uh oh.

Uh oh? I think I take offense to that.

It's just under a 70 metacritic score -- and remember, critics get frustrated at games that require skill and present a challenge.

When it's played with skill, the game is beautiful:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41uz3OxtbGk

i get drunk way too easily

except with mojitos

i can drink like 14 of those before i start embarrassing myself

So.... you're always drunk? ;)

Ozium

it's like they put Primal Carnage in just for Jawmuncher during his vacation

edit: nevermind he already owns it of course

Kiru

Sorry guys. :( Next time I get a huge batch of keys, I'll be sure to do free-for-all.

Again, sorry.

If you haven't played SpeedRunners yet, here is your game key: HLB7H-6ZDK3-GL4Q0
And the keys to unlock Youtuber characters: GRKGZ-A9EPV-NF238 and KGFPQ-M4Q5G-BD95G
No PewdiePie for me :(

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Inquisition, Mordor, Bayo 2 and Dark Souls 2 are sad? I guess Hearthstone is the unexpected one of the bunch but what exactly did you expect :p

Look at the rest of the categories. In the one you are defending specifically, Mordor sticks out like a sore thumb. It's a solid game and that's about it. The only aspect that showed inspiration was the War Chief setup and it feels like a glorified spreadsheet after an hour or two.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Look at the rest of the categories. In the one you are defending specifically, Mordor sticks out like a sore thumb. It's a solid game and that's about it. The only aspect that showed inspiration was the War Chief setup and it feels like a glorified spreadsheet after an hour or two.

dude its a industry award, mordor was one of the most praised games of the year... again, what were you expecting :p

do you have similar complaints about the oscars?

what?

Geoff Keighley ‏@geoffkeighley 9m9 minutes ago
Watch @thegameawards on December 5 on @twitch @youtube @ign @gamespot @xbox @playstation @steam_games and more. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iya5ovk6t7w …

I was wondering where you all went. Trying to hide from me in the community section. Not cool guys!

(I haven't been on here that often in the past month, missed the move over lol)

Giving this a little bump since we have 46 minutes left!

Okies, dudes, here we go. Hope this is right and show me your love! :p

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (AlphaProspector, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cherry Tree High I! My! Girls! -- MB-29B2E0D611696BE0 - Taken by pupo. 24 entrants total.
Cherry Tree High I! My! Girls! #2 -- MB-B8ADE358295FDDB1 - Taken by fernandes. 17 entrants total.
Cherry Tree High I! My! Girls! #3 -- MB-DB75E8B62DDDD5C0 - Taken by fspm. 15 entrants total.

t1416514553z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
also wtf is up with the fan votes

ixrCfo8nt1krO.png

this shit is embarrassing, you can't even read the names of the guys on the lower right

and rekkles for league of legends? wth, where are my beloved koreans T_T

Most of those categories seem fine to me... except the best fighting game where they included Smash twice.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
dude its a industry award, mordor was one of the most praised games of the year... again, what were you expecting :p

do you have similar complaints about the oscars?

Yes? It's just kind of embarrassing. It's like there were about ten games total that people played this year. Just like the Oscars are sad, predictable, eye-rolling, and barely worth paying attention to anymore.

tmarg

Inquisition, Mordor, Bayo 2 and Dark Souls 2 are sad? I guess Hearthstone is the unexpected one of the bunch but what exactly did you expect :p

edit: also aparently steam is going to stream it? o_O

Mordor has no place in a GOTY discussion. The nemesis stuff is interesting, but the world is completely barren and uninteresting. The combat is decent, but not good enough to carry it to GOTY status when that is basically all there is to the game.

The nemesis stuff added to an Arkham game or whatever definitely would have GOTY potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom