• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (user237, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Commando Jack -- MB-DE78CFD65CFEBB24 - Taken by NingenJanai
Nux -- MB-DAC25F62B01CD6FD - Taken by nja
Platypus -- MB-11DFEDB867FD8865 - Taken by tylergregg
Chaos Domain -- MB-23AE10F74B6A64E2 - Taken by jshackles
Psichodelya -- MB-C597B617933C13A9 - Taken by Kurt Russell
Rover Rescue -- MB-C7B2E2D16CEBCDFD - Taken by factorone
Hyper Fighters -- MB-E6DB117D7E864020 - Taken by Darth Kupi

take them all, please

L4D2 was announced at E3 and last year's first and only VGX (which wasn't on TV, just like how TGA won't be) didn't have high profile surprise announcements. Big stuff. Like Skyrim, TLoU etc. We got NMS, Telltale's two games, TR current gen edition, and there was some silly shit with Reggie that pissed people off (oh right, he announced that old geezer Kong for DKC:TF?). And Steam streamed that and had a special sale.

A man can dream, despite all your "facts" and "logical statements". :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Have you checked under the Russian name? (just something I've been wondering)

The ESRB site is kinda shit and searching by the Russian name breaks it and makes it show all results. So... maybe it's there... but I doubt it. I sorted it by date and browsed the first few pages but couldn't find it.

Dr Dogg

Wow. Didn't know that physical-only-no-online is basically dead then :/ Somehow I thought that's one of the big allures to go physical. Not being dependant on any online services and games being playable "forever" even when their DD counterparts cannot be downloaded anymore sometime in the future. But this.. man.
And haha, of course take your time actually playing Far Cry 4. The pics can wait. Game looks like a blast. Have fun Doc. Jelly.
And as always. Thanks for the big write-up!

Well there are still a few retail games that get released that don't require an account or internet donnection bit they are mostly smaller titles, indies and budget rerelease publisher that us Eureans love sso dearly still (the local big chain PC and Electrial stores here usually have stack of them). Anything with a medium to high budget is going to be tethers to an online service of sorts nut that's been the case for some time. Still better than the limited online activation days.

Well Far Cry 3 wrongly got labeled Skyrim with Guns by one stupid website that shall rename nameless but 4 is actually quite close to that. Well if Skyrim rewarded exploration, had fun emergent gameplay sequences, caused laughter and terror when being attacked by birds of prey and honey badgers, and a whole lot of other things that just happen as you've traveling around. Amd that's not touching on the mechanics and progression system and stuff like co-op (haven't tried yet but probably will at the weekend when my cronies are about).

Annubis

The ESRB site is kinda shit and searching by the Russian name breaks it and makes it show all results.

exploits_of_a_mom.png

How come you don't have a tag yet? I am hoping it will have something to do with your general grumpiness or your obsession with playing - even FPS on PC - with a controller... as if it's the superior method :p
don't kill me
-

Always up for your competitions :)

...bit I think I missunderstood something..

None of my antics are good enough to get a snappy one liner or anything... I mean, I was never quite on the level of nbnt/rhaknar/dupy with the giveaways and I didn't pull anything epic like JaseC with the "family sharing" giveaway of his. I also don't make threads and while I have some uniquely "frost" opinions, none of them seem worthy of a tag.

Given my banter with the mods last night, I thought my tag might end up being Banned... but I somehow ducked that one too.

And your entry to manpuncher is late, but awesome. You should win a copy for making it a Rocket LawnchairCher. ;)

Phawx

Fellers! I still need people to play Congo. You will get a steam key. I will be recording the game. Time I am available: 11PM EST most nights.

If those prerequisites are okay for you, please send me a PM

ModBot said:
Instructions for Phawx:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- SERIOUSLY NO THANK YOUS
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

COMMANDO JACK -- MB-5D12289CEDED2A7E - Taken by tylergregg
IONBALL 2 : IONSTORM -- MB-A65B2813757FFDD7
NUX -- MB-B02DBC7B3608AE5B - Taken by Benedict
THE CULLING OF THE COWS -- MB-4468E3DE4512E4BE - Taken by gaiadyne
Platypus -- MB-DC2CD1219CD6F916 - Taken by Vlad
HYPER FIGHTERS -- MB-3FD26100D9C45B21 - Taken by nja
PSICHODELYA -- MB-135D0D35CB713832

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
The ESRB site is kinda shit and searching by the Russian name breaks it and makes it show all results. So... maybe it's there... but I doubt it. I sorted it by date and browsed the first few pages but couldn't find it.

Yeah, I tried that yesterday and got similar results.

gngf123

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-5160897D32160DBF - Taken by gngf123

"Steam key"

Thanks for the Desura copy of SanctuaryRPG whoever you are! Took me a few attempts to figure out why it wouldn't activate.

Phawx

Oh shit. I have a small problem. I have two humble bundle keys for Elliot Quest. But I used one and don't remember which. What's the best way about giving this away?

PSA: Origin's 'achievement unlocked' noise is horrible.

This concludes the PSA.
None of my antics are good enough to get a snappy one liner or anything... I mean, I was never quite on the level of nbnt/rhaknar/dupy with the giveaways and I didn't pull anything epic like JaseC with the "family sharing" giveaway of his. I also don't make threads and while I have some uniquely "frost" opinions, none of them seem worthy of a tag.

Given my banter with the mods last night, I thought my tag might end up being Banned... but I somehow ducked that one too.

And your entry to manpuncher is late, but awesome. You should win a copy for making it a Rocket LawnchairCher. ;)

Stay frosty.

Nabs

Oh shit. I have a small problem. I have two humble bundle keys for Elliot Quest. But I used one and don't remember which. What's the best way about giving this away?

Include both?

Speaking of EQ: Elliot Quest is the real deal. I knew I'd like it, but I had no idea I'd be this into it. I also didn't expect such a massive game (I just hit the 20hr mark). It's a big Zelda/Metroidvania type game that won't hold your hand or tell you where to go. It's something worth checking out if you're into that sort of game.

Tellaerin

Dude, you're a redhead and a badass, which makes you the SteamGAF equivalent of Abraham from The Walking Dead. I think that's enough notoriety to satisfy any man, tag or no tag.

what legal adults go to summer camp though?

those crazy russians...

I think they used to call those "gulags", no? Though I doubt anyone's going to set a lighthearted VN at one of those...

You what? Like, boobies and all?

Fucking A, downloading before its down.

PENETRATION.

Include both?

Speaking of EQ: Elliot Quest is the real deal. I knew I'd like it, but I had no idea I'd be this into it. I also didn't expect such a massive game (I just hit the 20hr mark). It's a big Zelda/Metroidvania type game that won't hold your hand or tell you where to go. It's something worth checking out if you're into that sort of game.

Good to hear, it's on my wishlist.
I forget how humble gifts work these days -- but I think he could just include the one he thinks is unused and have the winner PM him if it says it's already redeemed?

Dude, you're a redhead and a badass, which makes you the SteamGAF equivalent of Abraham from The Walking Dead. I think that's enough notoriety to satisfy any man, tag or no tag.

Thanks, I think.
I don't have the fu-manchu tho... full out beardageddon for Movember at the moment. :p

what legal adults go to summer camp though?

those crazy russians...

lol

I just find it hilarious when they draw characters that are obviously supposed to look like young teens and then say they're 18. They can say that they're 90, it doesn't change how they look.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xheRJRF.gif
R.I.P.D. The Game -- MB-BD71A1CA9B9EBE21 - Taken by Coldsun. 6 entrants total.

t1416525954z1.png

Megasoum

Banned
So I've heard the name thrown around countless times in here in the past so I assume that Nuuvem is safe and legit?

They got the FC4 Season Pass for really cheap.

Now, as I'm writing that, I realize that it might be region locked though since it's a Ubi product?

fantomena

Been very productive the past 2 days when it comes to finishing games. Finished Alien Isolation yesterday and Shadow of Mordor today.

Alien Isolation: Good, especially the first couple of hours, then everything went downhill when the got kinda boring, repetive, a bit too much backtracking and the shooting screwed up the dtealth.

Shadow of Mordor: Good, but the story was shit an the missions were either shitty or mediocre. Also too combat focused sometimes.

Good games, but not goty candidates for me,

Now I can finally focus on reviewing. Will make some videos tommorrow.

Whoever remarked that the "Solar System" challenge in BoI:R was a rage inducing nightmare was 100% factually fucking correct.

That's the best kind of correct.

Tellaerin

Been very productive the past 2 days when it comes to finishing games. Finished Alien Isolation yesterday and Shadow of Mordor today.

Alien Isolation: Good, especially the first couple of hours, then everything went downhill when the got kinda boring, repetive, a bit too much backtracking and the shooting screwed up the dtealth.

Shadow of Mordor: Good, but the story was shit an the missions were either shitty or mediocre. Also too combat focused sometimes.

Good games, but not goty candidates for me,

Now I can finally focus on reviewing. Will make some videos tommorrow.

Just to give me an idea of where you're coming from, what would you consider your personal high-water marks for games? You know, the "gold standard" you judge other games against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom