• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Seems warmachine tactics is out of EA. In fact, coincidence or not, there are a lot of games out of EA lately (that shadows something game also out of EA today) just when EA is getting bad press again (and when there's reports that valve is changing their stance on EA games)

EA = early access in this case by the way

Didn't own a few of the games so not entirely bad.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Commando Jack -- MB-021D95117ABECFCE - Taken by nja
Nux -- MB-33B20D65BF1DD032 - Taken by Kifimbo
The Culling of the Cows -- MB-42716EA7A5C25A26 - Taken by factorone
Platypus -- MB-E385BCE46257401F - Taken by Ben652
Ionball 2 Ionstorm -- MB-D0385BC4CE52318D - Taken by autoduelist
Psichodelya -- MB-0D47EA3101019D02 - Taken by Lomax

Momentary

Banned
Guys, I went back on base that there is 1 white PS4 bundled with Destiny. I literally paced around for 10 minutes debating to grab it or not. I don't even want Destiny. All I want is Guilty Gear Xrd and Bloodborne. I don't want to do it. :( I've gotta be strong I know Xrd will make it to Steam.

lmfao i think metro has become a worthless game. no one wants that anymore. I guess if you give it a few months when theres a nice chunk of newcomers they might jump on that metro 2033 giveaway.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lmfao i think metro has become a worthless game. no one wants that anymore. I guess if you give it a few months when theres a nice chunk of newcomers they might jump on that metro 2033 giveaway.

nobody wants the free game everyone could get for days? shocking

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

It's not even the first time that the game's been free, either. It'll take a while - months - before you're likely to find someone who doesn't already have it most likely, especially around these parts.

You mean mass effect fans in the US.

EU PSN sales have been shit for months.
"Here's 50% off a 4 year old 60€ game. Look at how amazing this discount is."

When I was still gaming on my PS3 a lot, I know EU had NA beat to hell and back in terms of sales and PS+. Not sure how it is nowadays, as I can't be bothered with most of the stuff they put on sale one way or another... all I care about is "what's new on Vita, what's on sale for Vita, what's PS+ for Vita?"

I was just thinking of games that are decent/good, but have such high saturation that no one takes them in giveaways.

man why you always gotta be such a wise ass? >_> I'm just saying that its a good game but its pretty worthless now.
It's not even the first time that the game's been free, either. It'll take a while - months - before you're likely to find someone who doesn't already have it most likely, especially around these parts.

oh it was free before? i actually didn't know that.

Kifimbo

From an old Humble Bundle:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kifimbo:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

AquaNox -- MB-DEAB9D1164DE5713 - Taken by PunishedSnake

Rhaknar

lets not forget the cherry on top, the fact that its a useless outdated version since Redux exists

man why you always gotta be such a wise ass? >_>

because its too easy

ive been playing enslaved recently , not liking the game that much , the platforming is too automatic and the combat doesnt feel right idk why :/

derExperte

[Vita EU deal] Danganronpa 1 is on sale for 14,99€ on EU PSN btw and I heard (in this very thread) that it's pretty good but still costs 40€ in stores.

Air Control has been removed from Steam.

Still available through direct sub link though, so any collectors should pick it up before it goes down for good.

Direct sub link? Still purchasable? How?

I love the Blue Flamingo aesthetic.

I still suck kinda badly at vertical shooters, tho =p

It's pretty easy imo, just don't get greedy. Does it run smoothly for you?

ive been playing enslaved recently , not liking the game that much , the platforming is too automatic and the combat doesnt feel right idk why :/

I didn't last more then about 2-3 hours. Hand holding combat, auto platforming, continual losing control into scripted scenes for the main characters to bicker back and forth. Had a cool world style, but that was all that I saw.

[Vita EU deal] Danganronpa 1 is on sale for 14,99€ on EU PSN btw and I heard (in this very thread) that it's pretty good but still costs 40€ in stores.

See?
I'd take that over all the stuff I won't be purchasing in the PSN Black Friday sale for NA.

Uh... did you expect more? C'mon now... Ninja Theory.

Rhaknar

how long would you say that Never Alone is, give or take? 1 hour? 2 hours? Game looks cute as shit, thinking of getting it as a cleanser when I get off my upcoming DA weekend binge now that i finally have some days off work

Nabs

It's like Tour de France with auxiliary wheels.

image.php

FauX

Shitty games for shitty backlogs...

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FauX, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Tropico 3 -- MB-F341A8F2F40DE5E3 - Taken by Texan365
Biglands: A Game Made By Kids -- MB-430590E675D3A673 - Taken by Kifimbo
House of 1000 Doors: Palm of Zoroaster -- MB-16F3455423E3EF5F - Taken by Chairmanchuck
Lost Chronicles of Zerzura -- MB-D48C6F06BA1D68EA - Taken by rainking187
Metro 2033 -- MB-77CC96F848F454B9

Rhaknar

3hours for the game, 30 minutes to watch the videos.

im not sure what you mean by that, like watch a playthrough on youtube or something? thats not an option. 3 hours sounds good tho

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Man, the first hour of DA:I is rough.
I really don't like how the game feels, at all. Maybe I need to get used to it but the tactical view seems god awful. I just can't deal with the camera. Hope this get's better once I've played more of it.

Shitty games for shitty backlogs...

Hey, Metro is pretty good.

Anyone remembers a game that was in the "Coming Soon" tab a few weeks ago?

It was something like Dear Esther/Gone Home in a scifi setting or something like that by a russian studio. It was either released and I didnt find it or removed.
Anyone knows which one I mean?

Spyware

I really don't like how the game feels, at all. Maybe I need to get used to it but the tactical view seems god awful. I just can't deal with the camera. Hope this get's better once I've played more of it.
I know the feeling. I really didn't click with the game at all. Made me use the Great Game Guarantee to get my money back actually. Gotta give cred to EA for that one. Took only a minute to get it processed and accepted! (even tho it said up to 48 hours!)
Gonna re-buy it later but it really isn't worth it right now. Can sadly say I'm not a fan of BioWare anymore. Don't like the writing, don't like the stories, don't like the crappy gameplay :p

Ohwell. I can use the money for Steam Sales (and the rest of those November games)! :D

Before Bioware fixes/improves it, play with a controller.

Annubis

Finished my first playthrough of Everlasting Summer.
Good VN overall. Even better if you consider the price.

I got the good alone ending.
This makes me think how the ESRB could potentially have tested this game.
There was no sex or anything AO in my playthrough.
Thus, does the ESRB spend the time to play every aspect of a game? That would seem way too long and as such, it could be one reason for the oversight.
(Assuming that the rating is not a complete lie)

Thus, does the ESRB spend the time to play every aspect of a game? That would seem way too long and as such, it could be one reason for the oversight.

If you went for the alone ending, why would you expect sex?

Kifimbo

Didn't know I already had this one:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Waves -- MB-34B7FDC839592CE0 - Taken by mannerbot

MUnited83

For you.

Did you turn the "lewd option" to on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom