• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Finished my first playthrough of Everlasting Summer.
Good VN overall. Even better if you consider the price.

I got the good alone ending.
This makes me think how the ESRB could potentially have tested this game.
There was no sex or anything AO in my playthrough.
Thus, does the ESRB spend the time to play every aspect of a game? That would seem way too long and as such, it could be one reason for the oversight.
(Assuming that the rating is not a complete lie)

From what I understand, ESRB boards receive video highlight reels rather than actually play games. I think it's up to dev/pubs to decide what to put on the reel, knowing if they deliberately leave out anything too raunchy the ESRB can revoke their rating which typically means a store will pull the game from shelves.

How that factors with a fake ESRB rating and no shelves...

Lomax

Interestingly, adding the Beat Hazard Humble Bundle key didn't remove the Shadow Operations DLC from my Wishlist. So that system clearly isn't completely foolproof.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Interestingly, adding the Beat Hazard Humble Bundle key didn't remove the Shadow Operations DLC from my Wishlist. So that system clearly isn't completely foolproof.

yup its pretty busted, I still remove shit from the wishlist before adding keys just in case I forget

Am I the only one who is contemplating on going to GameStop to pick up Pokemon Omega Red tonight...?

*Ruby. and I'm personally sitting this one out until next year unless amazon has it for like $25 during black friday. But I'll tell you what game I am thinking of getting that I originally wasn't going to get. GTA 5 current gen edition, like I didn't want it since i already played and beat gta5 on ps3 but 1st person will make the game a completely different experience + you get to play as animals... animals are awesome...

The power of the console (Xbone?) gaming experience claims another...

2014-11-20_20-54-34.png

what you guys been up to?

Hey now... if you're abandoning us, why are you posting up in here? :p

Shadownet

Banned
Never played Pokemon, so I never get all the hype and love those games get. What is the allure?
Well let me ask you, do you want to be the very best? The best there ever was?
Is catching them your test and training them is your cause?

If you answer yes to any of those questions, then you know why its so alluring.

A bit late but thanks everyone for the diverse suggestions. I'll be picking some of them and clear 'em out of my backlog. Hell, maybe that way I'm accomplishing the 52 games in 1 year challenge!

Now, back to collect waifu cards.

tmarg

Never played Pokemon, so I never get all the hype and love those games get. What is the allure?

I like the idea of building and training your team, collecting rare pokemon, ect. Unfortunately, the gameplay comes straight from the deepest, darkest corner of JRPG hell, complete with hours upon hours of grinding, random encounters, boring combat, and everything else people got sick of about the genre decades ago.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Do you enjoy AFKing while your character runs around in a circle for a few minutes and pressing a button once in a while? Would you enjoy doing that a thousand times to get a Pokémon with perfect stats and a palette swap? Do you have no qualms about wrecking kids online? If so, this is the game for you.

The power of the console (Xbone?) gaming experience claims another...
2014-11-20_20-54-34.png

Hey now... if you're abandoning us, why are you posting up in here? :p
lol Cheedahz. Busted!
But srs, why you gotta be so mean cheedy? I'd get a console of I could. Even prinny called me a looser for not having a WiiU
lol
. Would have never imagined being shamed for not having that.
<3 prinny
-
I like the idea of building and training your team, collecting rare pokemon, ect. Unfortunately, the gameplay comes straight from the deepest, darkest corner of JRPG hell, complete with hours upon hours of grinding, random encounters, boring combat, and everything else people got sick of about the genre decades ago.
Do you enjoy AFKing while your character runs around in a circle for a few minutes and pressing a button once in a while? Would you enjoy doing that a thousand times to get a Pokémon with perfect stats and a palette swap? Do you have no qualms about wrecking kids online? If so, this is the game for you.
That doesn't sound fun at all. Da heck?!
I hate grinding. Demon's Souls really tested my patience.
Also, lol Shadow.

Cheddahz

Banned
lol Cheedahz. Busted!
But srs, why you gotta be so mean cheedy? I'd get a console of I could. Even prinny called me a looser for not having a WiiU
lol
<3 prinny
-

Also, lol Shadow.

There's no grinding in Demon's Souls unless you're going for platinum. :\
And I think prinny got it backwards. You're a winner (in my book) for not owning a WiiU. :p

Don't worry, you would be even more of a loser if you actually bought a Wii U, that system is for babies.

Wow, beaten like a red-headed... nevermind.

I couldn't help myself. It seemed like the kind of thing that needed to be screengrabbed and then posted. :p

Wii U is the only console actually worth owning atm.

For 2 whole games? I think not.
I'd rather own a PS4 since Bloodborne is Q1 2015.

denx

lol Cheedahz. Busted!
lol
<3 prinny
-

Also, lol Shadow.

To be fair, the last couple of Pokemon games have reduced a great deal the amount of grinding you have to do to level up you mons, and also are filled to the brim with side activities. Also the whole thing about running around waiting for an egg to hatch to get a Pokemon with perfect stats is something you'll only see on the competitive scene. If you're playing just for fun, then you shouldn't worry about IV's and all that stuff.

Oh yeah, Pokemon ORAS is hitting my nostalgia center hard. Ruby was the first Pokemon game I ever played and had a ton of fun with it. The fact that all 700+ pokemons can apparently be captured in the 3DS games is intensifying my urge to get a 3DS.

Megasoum

Banned
It is. The only region-locked Uplay keys are Russian keys for Watch Dogs, AssCreed Unity and Far Cry 4 -- there are no activation/runtime restrictions but language support is limited to Russian.

So the Nuuvem key won't work a NA Uplay copy of FC4?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh my phone, how much is fc4 nuuvem?

~$50.50 for the standard edition or ~$58.30 for the Gold Edition. In opting for the latter you're getting the Season Pass at half the price (the premium is 20 BRL whereas the Season Pass itself is priced at 40 BRL).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
veggie, stop having f2p games on your wishlist

they are f2p

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of DontBlink, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DontBlink, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GRID -- MB-A279D2472DC7A59B - Taken by fernandes. 19 entrants total.
Metro 2033 -- MB-1FF8729E5DB2F2AD

t1416541731z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom