• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Well my first Nuuvem purchase couldn't have been smoother than that. It took less than 2min from the moment I added to my cart to the time I got my Uplay key.

Ended up paying 18$ CAD for the FC4 Season Pass... That's like 50% off.

~$50.50 for the standard edition or ~$58.30 for the Gold Edition. In opting for the latter you're getting the Season Pass at half the price (the premium is 20 BRL whereas the Season Pass itself is priced at 40 BRL).

Shame it doesn't redeem on Steam. :\

Man I wish the Steam client had touch support. Not even BPM does it. Browser it is.

BPM is so. fucking. annoying.
You can wish for touch support, I'll wish for an option to disable it completely... and we'll both be left wanting.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
listening to a old bombcast, they say that Witcher 2 on consoles (aka the extended edition that was then patched on PC for free) has a different ending, is this true or are they just full of shit as usual?

FauX

Does somebody have an extra copy of Wickland? I'm willing to give a copy of Blazeblue as a reward to the person who can help me out.

If you are wondering why can't I just buy the game (from bundlestars), is because I have some online issue with my credit cards. So I'm out.

Please someone help a fellow gaffer. PM.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
listening to a old bombcast, they say that Witcher 2 on consoles (aka the extended edition that was then patched on PC for free) has a different ending, is this true or are they just full of shit as usual?

They're referring to this. What they mean is that the EE (potentially) has a different ending to the original release, not that the console version of the EE is different to the PC version of the EE.

tmarg

I have no idea, but if you believe them to be usually full of shit, why are you listening to their back episodes?

mainly posting in hip hop threads nowadays (and dealing with a lot of personal shit) and i'm too cheddah for a avatar
Well, good luck then. Hope nothing too bad is happening to you.
Besides having lost interest in PC :p
-
There's no grinding in Demon's Souls unless you're going for platinum. :\
And I think prinny got it backwards. You're a winner (in my book) for not owning a WiiU. :p
I have to admit in shame but I even used an online-wiki almost all the time. But just to not miss cool stuff. And man, my skills ain't that good anymore. I had to level up so much to get more health/stamina/damage points so that I could take on bosses.
I wish there was an easy mode. I am gonna hack the hell out of my DSPTD & DS2 once I get a new PC, so that I can enjoy the games without much hassle.
-
veggie, stop having f2p games on your wishlist
they are f2p
..and it's the hentai VN to boot. lol
I didn't even scroll down to look at the price. Haha, instinctively wishlisted. Now everyone sees what weird games I like -_-
-
~$50.50 for the standard edition or ~$58.30 for the Gold Edition. In opting for the latter you're getting the Season Pass at half the price (the premium is 20 BRL whereas the Season Pass itself is priced at 40 BRL).
50$ you mean Brazilian money, right? That would be about 16€. Wow, pretty cheap for a new AAA game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Does somebody have an extra copy of Wickland? I'm willing to give a copy of Blazeblue as a reward to the person who can help me out.

If you are wondering why can't I just buy the game (from bundlestars), is because I have some online issue with my credit cards. So I'm out.

Please someone help a fellow gaffer. PM.

yes and i dont need no blazblue. unless someone wants it you can pass along to them, the amount of fucks I give are exaclty zero. you PM me if you want it cause im a lazy bum

I have no idea, but if you believe them to be usually full of shit, why are you listening to their back episodes?

I dont think anyone listens to the bombcast for the acurate take on videogame or videogame information. thats the bullshit I mean, not the "they are wrong about this game I like whaaaa!" bullshit

They're referring to this. What they mean is that the EE (potentially) has a different ending to the original release, not that the console version of the EE is different to the PC version of the EE.

cheers J, and yeah I didnt mean it was different from PC, I mean it was a EE thing and I only played vanilla Wticher 2

I have to admit in shame but I even used an online-wiki almost all the time. But just to not miss cool stuff. And man, my skills ain't that good anymore. I had to level up so much to get more health/stamina/damage points so that I could take on bosses.
I wish there was an easy mode. I am gonna hack the hell out of my DSPTD & DS2 once I get a new PC, so that I can enjoy the games without much hassle.

You can upgrade health in the souls games? o_O

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
All this console talk...

I've been playing/collecting for the PS4 since I got one last month.

It's where I'm Viking.

Hit87bT.png

All this console talk...

What happened to Fantasy Life? I've been doing that - just finished the very last townsperson request (there are 333 if you have the expansion.) Things are winding down now but it's been fun.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What happened to Fantasy Life? I've been doing that - just finished the very last townsperson request (there are 333 if you have the expansion.) Things are winding down now but it's been fun.

I've been sneaking in an hour here and there while on my lunch break at work. :) I'm on the last set of "story missions" (I think) and I don't have the expansion pack. I've probably spent a good 25 hours on that game, it's been great.

Shadownet

Banned
The "S3" reminds him of Serious Sam 3.
And I thought he love that game. He had so much fun in twitch.

All this console talk...

What's your favorite PS4 game so far?

I've been sneaking in an hour here and there while on my lunch break at work. :) I'm on the last set of "story missions" (I think) and I don't have the expansion pack. I've probably spent a good 25 hours on that game, it's been great.
I can't imagine Arthur Curry playing on his 3DS surrounded by dolphins on his lunch break. Or that the 3DS is waterproofed.

jshackles

So far I've been catching up on console exclusives - I think my favorite so far is the one I'm currently playing, Infamous Second Son. It's scratching that collect-a-thon itch. I also finished and really enjoyed Knack despite it's terrible slowdowns.

I'm also casually playing through The Last of Us Remastered and enjoying it.

Have I mentioned before that I'm a serial "game starter"

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
RE: Consoles: I'd buy a Wii U if Australia had a similar deal to the US where you can buy a refurbished console for a significantly lower price. I kindasorta regret cancelling my PS4 pre-order on Amazon as international shipping on it was stopped post-launch, but even so I currently intend to hold off until the inevitable Uncharted 4 bundle unless a particularly good deal pops up in the interim (such as a repeat of this).

Shadownet

Banned
So far I've been catching up on console exclusives - I think my favorite so far is the one I'm currently playing, Infamous Second Son. It's scratching that collect-a-thon itch. I also finished and really enjoyed Knack despite it's terrible slowdowns.

Infamous Second Son was a great game to start the PS4 generation. I liked it a lot after not liking the first two games very much.

Lol I'm the same way. I started over 30 games on steam and rarely finish them.

Second Son is fantastic. I recommend First Light if you finish Second Son and want more. I'd totally double dip and replay them if they ever came to Steam.

Even if I had the money, I would still hold off from buying a console.

Yep, for me it's hard to justify the hardware price, let alone the relatively huge prices for the games themselves. It's hard to justify $40+ for a game when I've gotten so many games for $2. Plus I can never find more than 4 or 5 games per console that I can't play on PC so it's hard to justify a system with such a tiny library.

I've said hard to justify too many times but that's why I'm not a professional writer. Yarp.

DocSeuss

Uplay appears to have updated so it always forces logging in on the last-logged-in-account.

This is a problem, as I have games spread across two accounts (Long story, Ubisoft's fault). I keep almost accidentally registering games to the ACIV account when I'm trying to keep it all under the normal DocSeuss account. :|

jshackles

Second Son is fantastic. I recommend First Light if you finish Second Son and want more. I'd totally double dip and replay them if they ever came to Steam.

I've already ordered my physical copy from the UK so I'm already pumped for it.

autoduelist

Exclusive? Resogun and Infamous Second Son, though I also loved plenty of games my laptop could never handle like Wolfenstein and Shadow of Mordor. I'm also extremely happy whenever one of my steam games crosses over to vita (like BoI, Don't Starve, etc.) because I find it greatly preferable to play games on my vita.

I wish nethack was on vita. I'd crazy glue it to my hands.

Worth noting, my laptop was mid-teir in 211, so I simply can't play modern AAA games on it.

Shadownet

Banned
Probably because First Light didn't get a physical release in NA?
Derp. I was still thinking about Second Son for some reason. I was like did the US ran out of copies already?

Physical edition of First Light isn't available in the U.S.
And the boxart is great.

That is a nice cover. I had to order Toy Story Trilogy Blu-Ray from Amazon UK because the US only had the regular Blu-Ray + 3D Blu-Ray version. and I didn't want to pay extra for 3D.

Uhm, did I went to the wrong thread?

Anyway, is there any way to link my FFXIV game (non-steam) into steam library as Steam game?
The game blocked my region as well, duh.

jshackles

Probably because First Light didn't get a physical release in NA?

Yep, that's it. I know it would be super simple to download from PSN, but I decided when I bought the system that I'd try to buy physical where available. I didn't follow that rule much during the last console generation and I really regret it now and have even re-bought a lot of my favorite games as physical copies. I have physical copies of everything else - all the way back to my Atari 2600 cartridges.

Call me old fashion, but I really enjoy actually owning the discs and cases and things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom